Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
I don't do rap and I don't play cards - and the KJV says jesting is evil . . . but I do love Jesus . . .
Dude.......go study the words and then come make a flippant remark!!!!!! While at it...look up the word sarcasm!!

Dec 12, 2013
I don't do rap and I don't play cards - and the KJV says jesting is evil . . . but I do love Jesus . . .
What is this or how would you label this....??

I don't do rap and I don't play cards - and the KJV says jesting is evil . . .

C

C313brat3

Hi all!
Let me put your mind @ rest ,yes I'm back so quit your speculating!😂😂😂😂

I believe I have the right to post freely @ my descretion and use emojicons at will!
I just have to maintain my cool,ignore your false propoganda and carry on with my life in Christ!
I also DO NOT HAVE TO RESPOND to your idiosyncratic remarks!

Toodles.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
i am very well,thank you!
And how are you.
I have seen I have been talked about here but I could only use emojies until just now.
Not able to post anywhere but hey thats technology.
That's good you are doing well. What brings you to Christian chat? Do you like it so far?

Dec 12, 2013
Good to see you back Fran ;)
Hi all!
Let me put your mind @ rest ,yes I'm back so quit your speculating!😂😂😂😂

I believe I have the right to post freely @ my descretion and use emojicons at will!
I just have to maintain my cool,ignore your false propoganda and carry on with my life in Christ!
I also DO NOT HAVE TO RESPOND to your idiosyncratic remarks!

Toodles.

C

C313brat3

That's good you are doing well. What brings you to Christian chat? Do you like it so far?

I came for fellowship among believers!
I did not realize the diversities of interpretations,theological idealogy,nor those that will hold so vigiantly unto something other than the truth!
If I can remain in the Spirit and out of the flesh,it will bless and encourage me,I'm sure!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The context of the whole book of Galatians is about justification.
So of course he's talking about justification.

"4You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." - Galatians 5:6

"2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all." - Galatians 5:2

They stopped trusting in Christ for justification and made Christ of no value or benefit to them in justification.
That's your 'un-justified' scripture you were sure did not exist.
And now you're trying to make it not really mean what it says.
That is what osas does to many scriptures.
That's what finally got me off the fence about osas.
Nowhere does it specifically say the Galatians 'stopped trusting' in Christ or they "lost their salvation" so the word 'unjustified' still does not exist (except in your imagination) and you will not find that specific word in the Bible. Now the present tense of the word "justified" implies that these Galatians were contemplating justification by the law. They were getting side tracked by legalistic teachers. "You who are trying to be justified by the law have fallen away from grace," but had they fully come to that place yet? Galatians 3:3 reads: Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? The middle voice implies "making yourselves perfect" by means of self effort. The present tense indicates that the action is in progress and that there is still time to correct the error.

Paul did not say that these Galatians 'lost their salvation' and it was all over for them. Instead, in verse 10, he said - I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is. So the Bible does not teach that those who are 'justified' will become 'unjustified.' Instead, in Romans 8:30, we read - Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. *ALL of them.*

The Bible means what it says when you properly interpret verses in CONTEXT. Too often, those in the NOSAS camp will isolate a pet verse, build doctrine on it, then ignore the CONTEXT and fail to properly harmonize scripture with scripture before reaching their conclusion on doctrine. That's what finally got me off the fence about NOSAS soon after my conversion after leaving the Roman Catholic church several years ago. Plus, I have discovered that ALL false religions and cults (including Catholicism, Mormonism and Campbellism etc..) that teach salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS, which remains a red flag for me.

I noticed a few days ago that this thread had degraded into these kinds of posts and the subject had been talked out and no new people were posting so I decided I was just going to move on. I thought Lafftur might be bringing some useful discussion to the table so I hung around but I guess she's not posting. So I'm moving on to different things.
Feel free to move on then. OSAS believers in this thread have listened to your same arguments over and over again and we do not agree with you. Your relentless attacks against OSAS have reached the point to where you just sound like an annoying woodpecker.

Feb 29, 2020
The Bible means what it says when you properly interpret verses in CONTEXT.
Colossians 1:21,23
[21] And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

But then there’s the “if” part:

[23] If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel

So, tell me, Mr. “Greek tense” expert. What is the “context” here?

Try to be reasonable and logical.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I did not realize the diversities of interpretations,theological idealogy,nor those that will hold so vigiantly unto something other than the truth!
If I can remain in the Spirit and out of the flesh,it will bless and encourage me,I'm sure!
ah, fran, fran, fran.

the last time you got banned, you were in the process of getting proved totally wrong by me.

want to pick that back up again??

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Colossians 1:21,23
[21] And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

But then there’s the “if” part:

[23] If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel

So, tell me, Mr. “Greek tense” expert. What is the “context” here?

Try to be reasonable and logical.
You seem to be hung up on the word "if" as if it casts doubt on whether or not genuine believers will continue in the faith, but that is not what Paul is expressing here. The word "if" here is not ean, an unfulfilled, hypothetical condition used with the subjunctive mode, presenting the possibility of a future realization, but ei with the indicative, having here the idea of "assuming that you continue in the faith." Continuing in the faith would show that the person's faith is firmly rooted and established in the hope of the gospel and they really have been reconciled.

The form of this phrase in Greek (using the particle ei and the indicative mood of the verb epimenō) indicates that Paul fully expects that the Colossian believers will continue in the faith; no doubt is expressed here by Paul, yet what about "nominal" Christians whose shallow, temporary faith withers away? While discussing the preeminence of Christ in context, it's only natural that Paul would speak this way because he is addressing groups of people who "profess" to be Christians, without being able to infallibly know the actual state of every person's heart. How can Paul avoid giving them false assurance of salvation here when in fact they may not be saved because of a spurious faith that does not continue?

Paul knows that faith which is firmly grounded and established in the gospel from the start will continue. Those who continue in the faith demonstrate that they "have been" reconciled and are genuine believers, but those who do not continue show that their shallow, temporary faith was never firmly rooted and established in the gospel to begin with and such people believed in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)

E

EleventhHour

@C313brat3 tells us who are then since your technical issues have been resolved?