Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
An appeal to a bogus authority is a weak argument, my authority is the bible not some quack on the internet - dime a dozen.
Funny how a deceiver that promotes more than one gospel that can save (faith n works for O.T. and Grace for N.T.) soundboards back and forth with a man that worships the Anglican transliterstion/copied translation of the bible over the God of the bible. Both peddling opinion, supposition, conjecture and verses of scripture that are not even in the bible....Both of them are false in what they have been peddling like a street organ player in Calcutta with a dancing monkey!

Dec 12, 2013
Out of context:

(Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began)

(Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith)

The mystery is that GENTILES were to fellowheirs with Israel:

(Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit)

(Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel)

(Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power)

(Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ)

(Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ)

(Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world)

(Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ)
This is a little to high for him to grasp.....stick to grade 1 Sunday school level truth and then MAYBE he can grasp it!

Jan 12, 2019
I know what they were expecting and they were wrong, we have a bible that testifies to it. Had Jesus wanted an earthy kingdom then He missed His chance:

(John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone)

Looks to me it was Jesus that rejected the Jews not the other way around as you are claiming.
I can understand why you view the scripture and interpret it the way you do.

You start off with an unquestionable axiom "There is only ONE gospel throughout the Bible", which is the covenant of grace that Covenant Theologians hold on to.

From that axiom, it makes you interpret all Scripture the way you do. You find it very difficult to just read Scripture literally.

That is fine, it will take time for you to accept another perspective.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I can understand why you view the scripture and interpret it the way you do.

You start off with an unquestionable axiom "There is only ONE gospel throughout the Bible", which is the covenant of grace that Covenant Theologians hold on to.

From that axiom, it makes you interpret all Scripture the way you do. You find it very difficult to just read Scripture literally.

That is fine, it will take time for you to accept another perspective.
you don't have to be a covenant theologian in order to see that there is only one path to salvation.

in fact, i was under the impression that covenant theology teaches that there have been many ways to be saved, but, like dispensational theology, says that "nowadays" Christ is the only way.

the justified have life by faith. maybe in time you will also see the Truth :)

Jan 12, 2019
you don't have to be a covenant theologian in order to see that there is only one path to salvation.

in fact, i was under the impression that covenant theology teaches that there have been many ways to be saved, but, like dispensational theology, says that "nowadays" Christ is the only way.

Yes, there is only one path to salvation for everyone NOW, that is 1 Cor 15:1-4.

As I was telling him, the Jews in the OT were not looking to salvation in the way we are looking towards now. They were looking forward to their promised kingdom.

When their King usher them into that kingdom, all their sins would also be remitted as well (Acts 3:19)

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

There is only ONE way to be SAVED, and it is in the O.T. and the N.T.

It is the SAME WAY as ABRAHAM was SAVED.

O.T. Saints, Believed GOD would send a MESSIAH to pay for their SINS.

N.T. Saints, Believed GOD did send a MESSIAH to pay for our SINS.

That is the only way to be SAVED.

How do I know ?

Malachi 3:6 (ESV)
6 “For I the LORD do not change;
therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

People who think O.T. Saints were saved by their works, ARE SINCERELY MISTAKEN.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes, there is only one path to salvation for everyone NOW, that is 1 Cor 15:1-4.

As I was telling him, the Jews in the OT were not looking to salvation in the way we are looking towards now. They were looking forward to their promised kingdom.

When their King usher them into that kingdom, all their sins would also be remitted as well (Acts 3:19)
lol do you not know who Jesus is?

Jan 12, 2019
There is only ONE way to be SAVED, and it is in the O.T. and the N.T.

It is the SAME WAY as ABRAHAM was SAVED.

O.T. Saints, Believed GOD would send a MESSIAH to pay for their SINS.

N.T. Saints, Believed GOD did send a MESSIAH to pay for our SINS.

That is the only way to be SAVED.

How do I know ?

Malachi 3:6 (ESV)
6 “For I the LORD do not change;
therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

People who think O.T. Saints were saved by their works, ARE SINCERELY MISTAKEN.
You are definitely a covenant theologian, from the way you explained this.

As I said, its fine for you to have this perspective. Just be aware that it is just one major perspective but it need not be the only way to understand Scripture

Jan 12, 2019
lol do you not know who Jesus is?
Do you recall the final question asked by the 11 before Jesus ascended to Earth?

It was not, "Lord are our sins finally forgiven because you died for them and rose again from death, to have your righteousness imputed to us?"

It was "Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

None of them were ever thinking about Gentiles, whether they are now equal to them, nor anything about the Body of Christ.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Do you recall the final question asked by the 11 before Jesus ascended to Earth?

It was not, "Lord are our sins finally forgiven because you died for them and rose again from death, to have your righteousness imputed to us?"

None of them were ever thinking about Gentiles, whether they are now equal to them, nor anything about the Body of Christ.
does ignorance define reality?

Feb 29, 2020
For four thousand years Satan had been trying to eliminate this promised seed. Now he’s got him hanging on the cross Thinking he’s gained the victory and nullified the promise.
From that time forth began Jesus to show unto his disciples, how that he must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things...and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of man (Matthew 16:21-23).

It would seem that Satan was using Peter here to prevent Christ from going to the cross, not to encourage going to the cross.

You therefore do greatly err, not knowing the scriptures.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
From that time forth began Jesus to show unto his disciples, how that he must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things...and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of man (Matthew 16:21-23).

It would seem that Satan was using Peter here to prevent Christ from going to the cross, not to encourage going to the cross.

You therefore do greatly err, not knowing the scriptures.
Notice the Lord mentions that He would rise again. Satan didn’t know anything about the resurrection.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Yes, one path to salvation, but many equate the word gospel, every time it shows up, to that path of salvation. That’s just not the case. Gospel simply means good tidings. The Lord brought good tidings to different people all throughout the Bible.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Yes, their whole ministry the past three years was concerning this kingdom to be restored. They were disappointed and did not understand the cross. They were under the assumption that Jesus was the promised one to redeem Israel from their enemies so they could worship God in peace.

Feb 29, 2020
Notice the Lord mentions that He would rise again. Satan didn’t know anything about the resurrection.
Now it seems obvious that you are not being honest here.

Jesus basically explained the entire Crucifixion and Resurrection to his disciples and Satan responded via Peter "far be it from thee, Lord".