Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

Regardless of personality, perceived anger, or bias indifference to the word of God....to reject the truth aimed squarely at false teachers while embracing a person that peddles a false gospel that is diametrically opposed to Christ is as evil as it gets!
Amen a thousand times!!

Rereading the last portion of this thread ... this is really so important to recognize!

I so appreciate your steadfastness on this!! Not many are willing to count the cost!

I have read much contradiction and compromise here lately .... they embrace the false teacher because they talk sweet and yet are willing to accuse the brethren of hate when they stand up for truth.

I prefer to be accused each and every day of hate and filled with darkness if it means the Gospel is defended.

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Ephesians 4:41

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Amen! Greek scholar AT Robertson summed it up nicely. (y)

Two kinds of connections with Christ as the vine (the merely cosmic which bears no fruit, the spiritual and vital which bears fruit). The fruitless (not bearing fruit, mh peron karpon) the vine-dresser "takes away" (airei) or prunes away. Probably (Bernard) Jesus here refers to Judas...

https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/robertsons-word-pictures/john/john-15.html
Not forgetting that God is the Vine dresser...
...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Sorry.i believe you did understand my reply to you.
That’s why you got the red x....hope that’s clear enough.
Oh my , so now I am a liar...
I will ask you again , and please know , I do not understand why you replied as you did...
Are you calling me a troll ? , or are you saying we see flattery in the Scriptures that @dcontroversal posted ?
I truly do not understand your reply ...

May 19, 2020
I will ask you again , and please know , I do not understand why you replied as you did...
Are you calling me a troll ? , or are you saying we see flattery in the Scriptures that @dcontroversal posted ?

Let’s say I misread your post to say what I thought it meant...I have that user on ignore...

So took your post out of context.

Try not to over exaggerate you are beginning to sound like the ones I have on ignore.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Let’s say I misread your post to say what I thought it meant...I have that user on ignore...

So took your post out of context.

Try not to over exaggerate you are beginning to sound like the ones I have on ignore.
Well a sorry would be nice , you accused me of lying :( , nevertheless I forgive you...

E

EleventhHour

Still clear as mud to me ....:unsure:

May 31, 2020
Maybe this one you will embrace...or maybe you think it is ok to spread a corrupted gospel??

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
She has us on ignore bro, but keep sharing the message for the sake of the many people who read these threads privately.

May 31, 2020
Maybe this one will weed through the bias indifference to the truth?

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
Talk about wearing the armor of God. Knowing Paul’s words you shared above empowers God’s children all the more. It’s easier dealing with lost people knowing Scripture references them.

May 19, 2020
That is what it says about the change as a result of repentance but it does not promise he will keep you “born again” or once born again the plant of faith cannot die. He does not promise you can never change your mind. That which is born can die. I asked for “born again and never fall away? The man must be regenerated (“born again” he only used once and is a metaphor for regenerated) to enter the Kingdom of God. Regenerated is the real event and falling away once regenerated is possible and described in the Bible.

He regenerated me when he came into my body then Spirit..he breathed life into my dead spirit...do you understand that?

How else would I know I was born again....you can not fall away..it’s impossible ,you can wander off on your own.is that what you mean?

I don’t think you understand about taking up residence in our spirit....on saving his Love penetrates a believers heart...which he did mine and I fell madly in Love.

Do you remember him penetrating your heart?
Something you will never forget.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Paul is speaking about the saints who have received the gospel message through Epaphras....

Col 1:9 For this reason, since the day we heard about this, we have not stopped praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the full knowledge of God's will with respect to all spiritual wisdom and understanding,

Col 1:10 so that you might live in a manner worthy of the Lord and be fully pleasing to him as you bear fruit while doing all kinds of good things and growing in the full knowledge of God.

Col 1:11 You are being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might, so that you might patiently endure everything with joy

Col 1:12 and might thank the Father, who has enabled us to share in the saints' inheritance in the light.

Col 1:13 God has rescued us from the power of darkness and has brought us into the kingdom of the Son whom he loves,

Col 1:14 through whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

E

EleventhHour

Hey sis rosemary’s is one of the kindest most gentle sisters here. You can trust her.
There are a few left thankfully who are trustworthy with the Gospel... but the numbers seem to be dwindling and the those that preach a "losable salvation" seem to reaching record numbers these days.

Anyone who defends the Gospel/Salvation consistently and continually which is an irrevocable gift through Christ Jesus is trustworthy in my book.