Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 29, 2020
God only chastens children whom he loves....He may whip our butts, but he will never cast us away.
This is partly true.

I would use caution in saying what God would and would "never" do.

Why should you be stricken any more? You will revolt more and more (Isaiah 1:5).

Once Saved Always Saved theology seems to fit the description of the covering described in the verse following:

Woe to the rebellious children, says the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin (Isaiah 30:1).

He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Once Saved Always Saved theology seems to fit the description of the covering described in the verse following:

Woe to the rebellious children, says the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin (Isaiah 30:1).
Born again Christians are covered with the blood of Jesus, called God's own blood in Acts 20:28.

Feb 29, 2020
that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin (Isaiah 30:1).
Notice:

The covering that allows one to add sin to sin is the covering not of God's spirit.

God's covering does not allow for sin to be added to sin.

E

eternally-gratefull

This is partly true.

Why should you be stricken any more? You will revolt more and more (Isaiah 1:5).

Well let’s see

your covering is YOUR righteousness

this is what that sounds like to me

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away

E

eternally-gratefull

That you may add sin to sin?

Some may not think this way, but test this doctrine.

It certainly can be used to add sin to sin.
Your excuse and refusal to acknowledge your own sin is no better than a pharisee, who refused to acknowledge their sin.

I pray your end is better than theirs. As you still have time to repent from dead works

E

eternally-gratefull

Notice:

The covering that allows one to add sin to sin is the covering not of God's spirit.

God's covering does not allow for sin to be added to sin.
Gods covering is required BECAUSE Of SIN
if we achieved sinless perfection we no longer would need to be covered,

Feb 29, 2020
Isaiah 64:6
But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away
This verse no longer applies to the saved born again man.

...yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God (Romans 6:13).

Paul is not telling us to produce filthy rags here.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

As you say:

E

eternally-gratefull

...yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God (Romans 6:13).

Paul is not telling us to produce filthy rags here.
Yet it applies to you, who think you are covered because of your own righteousness

Feb 29, 2020
you, who think you are covered because of your own righteousness
I came to be sinless by believing the gospel; not by my works.

My aim is to continue the saintly journey that God has laid before me.

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory (Psalm 73:24).

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Supernatural and Spiritual are not the same at all.

Jesus was not supernatural ... above nature .. that is not biblical.

I am a little shocked by the statement actually.
@EleventhHour ...
But Jesus calmed the storms , the waves , was He not showing His power over nature?
...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
This is partly true.

I have no problem saying what God would do when HIS WORD CONFIRMS exactly what I said!

E

eternally-gratefull

I came to be sinless by believing the gospel; not by my works.

My aim is to continue the saintly journey that God has laid before me.

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory (Psalm 73:24).
"if you claim you have no sin you deceive yourself" the Apostle John

forgive me if I do not take heed to one who think he is sinless..

Feb 29, 2020
I have no problem saying what God would do when HIS WORD CONFIRMS exactly what I said!
You said God will never cast out a believer.

This is true on the condition that the believer follows the doctrine prescribed in the word of God.

As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity... (Psalm 125:5).

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness (Matthew 25:30).

I will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers (Luke 12:46).

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I had sin.

This is why I had to come to Christ to get my sins taken away.

Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin (1 John 3:9).
The spirit in us does not sin , but we are still in the flesh...
There is a war between the Spirit and the flesh , and we will battle with this until the LORD calls us home...
When God looks at us , He sees the Righteousness of Christ ...