Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Sigh

ypu should learn to read and stop assuming so much, I get sick of it

chosing me based on what I would do is NOT the same as chosing me BECAUSE I chose him
you All have posted countless things and one one of the, declare god chose me because I chose him,

instead of assuming things, it would be more christlike if you asked what I meant.

thats what gets you all in trouble, you assume (wrong) then when the person you assume tells you you did not understand them hey did not say what you claim, you get mad and we have this war for a few days about who did this and who did that.

dont you guys get sick of it?

APPARENTLY NOT EG.......sorry ...looked up and saw capitals. Anyway, we have how many pages now?

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
@Oncefallen can we please do something about this nonsense?this is getting old, and it happens over and over and over
When you state you don't teach something, when in fact you do, as we've proven with your own words, and attack the person calling them a liar, and slanderer, and threaten to report them? This is what happens - we prove what we said against your words and name calling, and frankly your dishonesty about it.

Here is the evidence again:

(knowing who I am and what I would do in the future which is the cause of my predestination or chosing)
The above is what I said you taught, you denied it, and made a series of false accusations against me over it.

It is fair game here. It is a debate forum. You are to be honest. If I or anyone else claim "we do not teach" whatever it may be, then someone shows that we actually do, then so be it. I can handle it.

If @Oncefallen desires to ban us for proving we were not lying and slandering as you accused, and provided proof to the contrary, then so be it.

You continue to deny what you taught when we provide your own words that show differently. We continue to try and show you other evidences that you did.

That is why you are wanting to report it because the evidence vindicates us and proves we are not lying as you charged us. Right?

If people went around reporting you and your followers in this thread for all the daily name calling, inflammatory remarks and vitriol you and your friends impose on others, you'd have been banned long ago.

Now should I go report you calling us the many names, inflammatory remarks, and accusations of lying that are in fact false as we've proven?

Methinks you doth protest too much. Why not just own the fact that you do teach what we stated?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Oy! Another single OT verse to prove a doctrine.

Isaiah 66:1-4...

"This is what the Lord says:

“Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
Where will my resting place be?
Has not my hand made all these things,
and so they came into being?”
declares the Lord.

"These are the ones I look on with favor:
those who are humble and contrite in spirit,
and who tremble at my word.
But whoever sacrifices a bull
is like one who kills a person,
and whoever offers a lamb
is like one who breaks a dog’s neck;
whoever makes a grain offering
is like one who presents pig’s blood,
and whoever burns memorial incense
is like one who worships an idol.
They have chosen their own ways,
and they delight in their abominations;
so I also will choose harsh treatment for them
and will bring on them what they dread.
For when I called, no one answered,
when I spoke, no one listened.
They did evil in my sight
and chose what displeases me.”

Clearly this section is about animal sacrifice offered by hypocritical Jews. It has nothing to do with the New Covenant, where believers are regarded as God's own children.

waiting for this:

Isa 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth that I am about to make will endure before me," says the LORD, "so will your descendants and your name endure.

Isa 66:23 And from New Moon to New Moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all humanity will come to worship before me," says the LORD.

Isa 66:24 "Then they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of the people who rebelled against me. For their worm will not die, nor will their fire be extinguished, and they will remain an object of revulsion to all humanity."

E

eternally-gratefull

When you state you don't teach something, when in fact you do, as we've proven with your own words, and attack the person calling them a liar, and slanderer, and threaten to report them? This is what happens - we prove what we said against your words and name calling, and frankly your dishonesty about it.

Here is the evidence again:

The above is what I said you taught, you denied it, and made a series of false accusations against me over it.

It is fair game here. It is a debate forum. You are to be honest. If I or anyone else claim "we do not teach" whatever it may be, then someone shows that we actually do, then so be it. I can handle it.

If @Oncefallen desires to ban us for proving we were not lying and slandering as you accused, and provided proof to the contrary, then so be it.

You continue to deny what you taught when we provide your own words that show differently. We continue to try and show you other evidences that you did.

That is why you are wanting to report it because the evidence vindicates us and proves we are not lying as you charged us. Right?

If people went around reporting you and your followers in this thread for all the daily name calling, inflammatory remarks and vitriol you and your friends impose on others, you'd have been banned long ago.

Now should I go report you calling us the many names, inflammatory remarks, and accusations of lying that are in fact false as we've proven?

Methinks you doth protest too much. Why not just own the fact that you do teach what we stated?
@Oncefallen again I ask you can you please take care of this nonsense. This persons vendetta and demanding others repent while he continues to bear false witness of others is getting old

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Well, this thinking isn't so new, it's been around a long while. We've dealt with it in the past, encouraged them to get married, but they'd look for another church that didn't care if they lived that way. Repentance being questioned as part of the Gospel is part of the problem.

A few on here apparently wouldn't care either. Drunkenness and adultery are OK, and practicing these things is of no consequence, they are encouraged it is OK and their "Christianity" is endorsed in spite of 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:5ff -- all texts written to warn professing believers to not be deceived that they are saved when they practice these things.

The Church of God that I was raised in taught repentance from sin before salvation. Living Waters where I go when able teaches the same but adds the baptism of Holy Spirit. Repentance is what John the Baptist preached to make the path straight for the Lord. A clean vessel then for Jesus to fill with His Holy Spirit.

I don’t think the message is outdated.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
The Church of God that I was raised in taught repentance from sin before salvation. Living Waters where I go when able teaches the same but adds the baptism of Holy Spirit. Repentance is what John the Baptist preached to make the path straight for the Lord. A clean vessel then for Jesus to fill with His Holy Spirit.

I don’t think the message is outdated.
I don't think repentance is outdated either. Apparently some do feel that way as witnessed on here and in some churches.

Jun 5, 2020
Why doesn’t anyone ascribe this certain “fictitious” purity to any other translation?
That's a very good question, one that is difficult to answer.

My thoughts are that, just as the Jews of Jesus' time were looking for a king, with all the rank and privilege he would have, the people who "worship" the King James translation also ascribe a "royal" status to their translation that simply wasn't there.

In my opinion, they try to feel hyper-religious because their Bible doesn't read/sound like the language we use today. It is beautiful language, but that's not an accurate rendition of the languages the Bible was written in originally.

Finally, when you read something like Luke 14:7-11...

KJV...

7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.

8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;

9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.

10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

It is difficult to understand -- it must be re-translated in one's mind -- and the formatting is ridiculous. it is as far from the Greek original as you can get.

A much more accurate and understandable translation is "When he noticed how the guests picked the places of honor at the table, he told them this parable: “When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” (NIV)

or

" Then when Jesus noticed how the guests chose the places of honor, he told them a parable. He said to them, “When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, because a person more distinguished than you may have been invited by your host. So the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this man your place.’ Then, ashamed, you will begin to move to the least important place. But when you are invited, go and take the least important place, so that when your host approaches he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up here to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who share the meal with you. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” (NET)

The last is from my favorite translation, one of the reasons being the extensive footnotes that accompany the text that explain alternative translation choices and illuminating cultural notes that help immensely with accurate understanding. You can read the passage above (with footnotes) here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+14&version=NET

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I do worry and pray for this new thinking that a couple can live together without Marriage, and be Christians. And be accepted in the church.
Well, this thinking isn't so new, it's been around a long while. We've dealt with it in the past, encouraged them to get married, but they'd look for another church that didn't care if they lived that way. Repentance being questioned as part of the Gospel is part of the problem.

A few on here apparently wouldn't care either. Drunkenness and adultery are OK, and practicing these things is of no consequence, they are encouraged it is OK and their "Christianity" is endorsed in spite of 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:5ff -- all texts written to warn professing believers to not be deceived that they are saved when they practice these things.
Do any encourage such behavior here? Drunkenness and adultery? Where?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
So in your life you are doing more miracles and greater miracles than Jesus? Must be amazing being in your presence my friend. I have never seen it.

I have witnessed many miracles and for that I am grateful. But nothing compared to the glory of my King. I fall short every time.
of course. But, Jesus prayed that we would know that we are one with Him, as He was one with the Father.

This fullness of His glory is coming!

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
So in your life you are doing more miracles and greater miracles than Jesus? Must be amazing being in your presence my friend. I have never seen it.

I have witnessed many miracles and for that I am grateful. But nothing compared to the glory of my King. I fall short every time.
I wish I was. But, I’ve had many miracles in my life too. I’m reporting what I know of the leaders I follow.

Am waiting for a miracle now. If you would like to know a true prophet, just ask.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
@Oncefallen again I ask you can you please take care of this nonsense. This persons vendetta and demanding others repent while he continues to bear false witness of others is getting old
The above is false as per usual. I asked on several occasions for you to discontinue calling me (and two others @Sackcloth-N-Ashes and @Fastfredy0 ) liars and slanderers (your favorite accusation) and attempted several times to have reconciliation either publicly or in private per your choice.

You've refused and continue to accuse of lying and slander which never happened on their end nor on mine.

Feb 29, 2020
My thoughts are that, just as the Jews of Jesus' time were looking for a king, with all the rank and privilege he would have, the people who "worship" the King James translation also ascribe a "royal" status to their translation that simply wasn't there.

In my opinion, they try to feel hyper-religious because their Bible doesn't read/sound like the language we use today. It is beautiful language, but that's not an accurate rendition of the languages the Bible was written in originally
Well, I am one that sees a special quality in the Authorized Version (KJV) by experience. And none of the assumptions you cited are the reason.

I prefer the KJV because of how beautifully and powerfully it conveys the word of God to me.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
And true as well. I don't go around reporting as frequently as he talks about reporting me. It's sad they want to report me while they overlook the very nasty things they say to others, or about others.

Do you think they reported this:

Actually, @Lightskin follows Jesus, unlike you.....we all know you follow a man and his last name starts with a C, but is not Christ!
Of course not.

How about the many times I've been hit with "inflammatory remarks" by their clique? Think they report that? Of course not. The many times I've been called a liar, when we've proven I wasn't lying? No. Or how about the names you and others are called by them? Do they report that? Of course not.

The only reason I am being reported is because I've proven someones false accusations to be exactly that, false.

E

eternally-gratefull

The above is false as per usual. I asked on several occasions for you to discontinue calling me (and two others @Sackcloth-N-Ashes and @Fastfredy0 ) liars and slanderers (your favorite accusation) and attempted several times to have reconciliation either publicly or in private per your choice.

You've refused and continue to accuse of lying and slander which never happened on their end nor on mine.
@Oncefallen once again. Am tasked with trying to restor some sort of order in this thread. I stop responding to this poster awhile ago at the suggestion of a sister, yet this person still insists on keeping it up.

i am going to continue to report any post he makes towards me.

again please. Can you do something about this,, I tried ignoring, yet we see here even though he has been asked by quite a few other members, continues

@preacher4truth i will not respond to you concerning this subject. You refuse to acknowledge any sin you refused to even admit or confess you have made inflammatory posts against others,

when you ask people to do what you refuse to do, it looks bad..

once Again, I ask you to ignore me, and stop with your crap, if you do not wish to understand what I said, And what I mean, then I can’t help you and to continue on this topic makes us both look bad. It has been shown what each of us have said, I think people can make up their own minds about what The other has said, GET OVER IT

E

eternally-gratefull

How about the many times I've been hit with "inflammatory remarks" by their clique? Think they report that? Of course not. The many times I've been called a liar, when we've proven I wasn't lying? No. Or how about the names you and others are called by them? Do they report that? Of course not.

The only reason I am being reported is because I've proven someones false accusations to be exactly that, false.
two wrongs do not make a right now does it.. If you feel he has inflamed you report it.. but when you continue to,do the very thing yourself you can not complain when someone does the same to you

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
@Oncefallen once again. Am tasked with trying to restor some sort of order in this thread. I stop responding to this poster awhile ago at the suggestion of a sister, yet this person still insists on keeping it up.

i am going to continue to report any post he makes towards me.

again please. Can you do something about this,, I tried ignoring, yet we see here even though he has been asked by quite a few other members, continues
You mean by quite a few others your followers in this thread who insult others. Several of us can attest to this.

@preacher4truth i will not respond to you concerning this subject. You refuse to acknowledge any sin you refused to even admit or confess you have made inflammatory posts against others,

when you ask people to do what you refuse to do, it looks bad..

once Again, I ask you to ignore me, and stop with your crap, if you do not wish to understand what I said, And what I mean, then I can’t help you and to continue on this topic makes us both look bad. It has been shown what each of us have said, I think people can make up their own minds about what The other has said, GET OVER IT[/QUOTE]
Feel free to put me on ignore. Except this time? Leave off insulting me while you have placed me on ignore. Thanks.

E

EleventhHour

You do the same things star. You've twisted my words, slandered, bear false witness. It's shameful of you, really.
Even Star is accused of slander

And you did the same to me when I was UG, because I put a simple like on someone's post that had something I agreed with... you even withdrew that you followed me.:rolleyes:

I have done a search on your use of the word "slander" towards other members ... seems to be an ongoing thing.:(