Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

If god loves all people equally, why are some born blind, some never hear the word, some rich, some poor .....jacob I loved but Esau I hated. The empirical data refutes your claim.

God is a holy God, He can not love evil people unless He cleaned them...put them in Christ. If He loves them all the same He 2ould put them all In Christ.
So god should let everyone be born perfect? If we were all born perfect what would we need God for

Your looking at the human condition. I am looking spiritually from how we will see god in the future

As far as god living Jacob and hating Esau that is a quote from
Micah. It speaks of two nations not two children. And in Hebrew the context is also Not literal hate but love less
Is It not gods Command that we live and honor our children spouse and parents. But god also said if we do Not hate them we can have no pet with him. Did he mean literal hate? Did he contradict himself?

Pulie

May 26, 2020
If we do nothing to be saved, then why are some saved and not others?
Romans10:9"That if you confess with your mouth,Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved".

Confess with your mouth-physical activity
Believe in your heart(mind,will and intellect)-mental activity

You define work as a physical and mental activity, would you say that one is working based on the above text?

Why does the above text say believe with your heart and not with God's heart?

Which scripture supports the idea that God believes on our behalf?

E

eternally-gratefull

From God.

I could not faith myself into God.
The Holy Spirit convicted me of my sin of unbelief.
I repented of that.

That is why the Holy Spirit came after Jesus went to heaven.

To convict the world of that sin.
Amen the Holy Spirit sent to the world to
Convict it if sin righteousness and judgment not just a select few people

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
From God.

I could not faith myself into God.
The Holy Spirit convicted me of my sin of unbelief.
I repented of that.

That is why the Holy Spirit came after Jesus went to heaven.

To convict the world of that sin.
We are granted faith and repentance by Gods grace.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If god loves all people equally, why are some born blind, some never hear the word, some rich, some poor .....jacob I loved but Esau I hated. The empirical data refutes your claim.

God is a holy God, He can not love evil people unless He cleaned them...put them in Christ. If He loves them all the same He 2ould put them all In Christ.

Romans 5:8

John 3:16

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Here is where I don't understand Calvinism: Why would God give faith or grace to one sinner and not another? Is there some sort of qualities that he chooses to save someone for? If not, then how would anyone be able to have faith that they were actually saved if they have no idea how God chooses people whom he will save and not save? In other words, if it is not free to anyone who will believe and accept the free gift of God when convicted and drawn, then how could anyone know for sure or have faith that they were saved or even had a chance to be saved?

Apr 5, 2020
Here is where I don't understand Calvinism: Why would God give faith or grace to one sinner and not another? Is there some sort of qualities that he chooses to save someone for? If not, then how would anyone be able to have faith that they were actually saved if they have no idea how God chooses people whom he will save and not save? In other words, if it is not free to anyone who will believe and accept the free gift of God when convicted and drawn, then how could anyone know for sure or have faith that they were saved or even had a chance to be saved?

Is this not the same as predestination?

How would God know each and everyone of us, had the Book of Life and the Book of Judgement already filled out before ever Speaking the first thing into existence.

God's Sovereignty is only how. His ways are greater than ours.

Does it make sense?
NO!

But ultimately, it is what it is!

E

EleventhHour

Good point.

They will tell you it is according to His Divine Will and Purpose and beyond our understanding.

And of course they use "For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." Romans 9:15

......out of context and use it as a blanket statement for why God chooses some and not others.

Apr 5, 2020
Good point.

They will tell you it is according to His Divine Will and Purpose and beyond our understanding.

And of course they use "For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." Romans 9:15

......out of context and use it as a blanket statement for why God chooses some and not others.

But I don't see you answering it either. How can you throw some under the bus and have nothing to offer yourself?

Apr 5, 2020
Did Jesus tell Peter to shut up and if He wanted John to live forever he would?

And isn't Peter the Rock God built His church upon?

And didn't Christ call Peter Satan?

How can God tear someone down so horrifically and then establish His Church upon him?

Because He is God, that is WHY!

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Is this not the same as predestination?

How would God know each and everyone of us, had the Book of Life and the Book of Judgement already filled out before ever Speaking the first thing into existence.

God's Sovereignty is only how. His ways are greater than ours.

Does it make sense?
NO!

But ultimately, it is what it is!
So how would you ever know if you are actually saved or not? Could you just be an non-elect and not know it? Is there some type of rule of thumb or do you just find out on judgement day?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Did Jesus tell Peter to shut up and if He wanted John to live forever he would?

And isn't Peter the Rock God built His church upon?

And didn't Christ call Peter Satan?

How can God tear someone down so horrifically and then establish His Church upon him?

Because He is God, that is WHY!
Peter is Petros. The church is built upon petra...

Peter made a confession of faith, which is what the Church is built on.

A confession of faith in Jesus Christ.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Now I will Reply to These verses as much as I have time for now.
You Forget the scriptures where the sheep left the flock and Jesus did not go after them. The 70, Judas, the Father of the prodigal did not go after them.
IF you choose to leave He will let you leave. No one outside of your own heart can remove you from the father's hand. But your own choice can certainly do so. This is called neglecting or shipwreaking your faith.
His power does override your free will to choose. If your free will were protected (controlled) by God's power we would see no more sin in his people at all. They would be like those in heaven, sinless. We are not and so He id not protecting us from ourselves.Does not mean we cannot leave. HE even says that God works all Things to good for those who meet the conditions. There are condition. So you believe that all one Needs to do is say those "magic" words? I think you do not understand what the author meant.
The goal is that we be like his son. Notice no one here says the goal is heaven no matter how we live. Predestined to be like Jesus, not predestined to go to Heaven.

IF your love dies that it is no longer undying. We Need to "return to our first love" at times as his power is not keeping us loving Him.
HOw can you not see the requriements written in the scripture you Quote? We must depart from iniquity. How can you not see that and you quoted it. Unless YOU DECIDE to turn back.
Grace is not so you get to go to heaven no matter how you live. It is so that we depart from sin in our lives. No one in the bible separated salvation from sanctification. This is necessary for those who want to make sanctification an optional extra.
Gifts can be lost. Happens all the time. We can look at Bible characters who lost the gifts God gave them because of choices to disobey.
Many are called receiving the calling and yet they are not among the Chosen. SO they received the calling and it was not fruitful because they did not obey.

God does not have to let those who loved their sin all their lives into HIs house because of a committment they made and later neglected.

I am sorry that I got quite short with you.

You have my permission that if you want to know what exacty OSAS Theology teaches, I will be happy to answer you, Truthfully, and if I do not KNOW, I will ask my Pastor to explain. That way you don't make inadvertent statements that are untrue, and we keep the PEACE. ;).

I know our Theology brands are different, but I also have been able to just AGREE TO DISAGREE, a go on with Christian lives.
You see, I happen to believe that the ONLY SIN that anyone goes to hell for, is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, which is rejecting what the Holy Spirit is trying to get one to believe the Truth about Christ paying for our SINS.

I have figured out Difference between your Theology, and my Theology. The main difference, is you count every baptized Disciples who Follows CHRIST as being on the road to Salvation. Where as OSAS Believers only count those manifesting the FRUIT of the Spirit, as be a genuine Born Again Believer. I am not sure how much regard this verse, be we OSAS Believers think it is CRITICAL.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (HCSB)
13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body{That would include the Thief on the Cross, where baptism in water does not.} whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

John 3:5-7 (HCSB)
5 Jesus answered, “I assure you: Unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit. {Notice, Born Again does not happen to the Body.}
7 Do not be amazed that I told you that you must be born again.

That is the definition of Born Again, the moment we Come Threw the Narrow Gate. Sanctification happens to the Body After Salvation, and takes a lifetime, and we will not be PERFECT until the Ressurection. No, I do not think you will agree with me, but we Believe OBEDIENCE is part of Agape LOVE, which all happens after Salvation, and never has been part of SALVATION.

MAGENTA, will be happy for the last two Paragraphs were in magenta. :love:

Apr 5, 2020
So how would you ever know if you are actually saved or not? Could you just be an non-elect and not know it? Is there some type of rule of thumb or do you just find out on judgement day?

When you have doubts, be like Joshua. God will allow us to fleece Him when we are unsure. Joshua was already established and Moses promoted him, but he still doubted God to God's face. And God told him to fleece Him!

Apr 5, 2020
Peter is Petros. The church is built upon petra...

Peter made a confession of faith, which is what the Church is built on.

Cephas means Rock! And yes, I know spiritually what took place. But I was pointing out the stark differences here.