Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
True.

But he said this too:

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me (John 12:32).

All men can be drawn, but:

...all men have not faith (2 Thessalonians 3:2).

Bro, I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but trying to understand what you're saying when compared to scripture. :)

John 12:31-32:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
HE CERTAINLY KNEW WHAT SIN WAS, HE and EVE HID IN THE BUSHES AFTER HE SINNED. HE WILLFULLY SINNED, then ADAM tried to shift the blame to "THE WOMAN YOU GAVE ME." Oh he knew alright, and he did it anyhow.
Their eyes were opened to the truth of the matter after they sinned... but Adam did sin willfully, which is why God put the responsibility for what both Adam and Eve did in disobeying His command, squarely onto Adam, for Eve was deceived, while Adam was not.

Still, we get people telling us we are lost when we stand firmly on the Truth of God's Word. Funny, that.

E

eternally-gratefull

Keep in mind ability and power are the same things, and are synonymous. People believe they have the power and ability to come to God via their will.

I've proven this untrue with Scripture, and that is all that matters.:)
Again. No one here believes this that I know of. Can you share on oerson?

E

eternally-gratefull

Jesus said all the drawn come to him, and he will raise them on the last day. John 6:44. That text also proves eternal security in addition to all that are drawn will be saved.

Nowhere does it say some didn't choose, and I am not about to add that into what Jesus said, I'm going to go only by what he stated.
Yes but he also said they were the ones who saw and believed as apposed to them who saw and did not believe
free will Still was in play

May 19, 2020
Exactly, that’s why we are looking out for you because we don’t want you to be led astray. Be prayerful; God will give you the answers.
Thank you for your concern.

My trust and faith is in in God....Never anyone else.x

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
True.

But he said this too:

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me (John 12:32).

All men can be drawn, but:

...all men have not faith (2 Thessalonians 3:2).

Bro, I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but trying to understand what you're saying when compared to scripture. :)
He did say that, yet context shows why. I don't think you're being antagonistic brother, we are capable of having rational discussions which I appreciate and have respect for you due to this reciprocal dialog.

Yet, even though Jesus said this, in light of John 6:44, all that are drawn come and are also raised. So using some 2 Timothy 2:15, if Jesus means each and every single person will be drawn, then we would have Universalism, because all drawn come and will be raised.

We have to look at these incidents in Scripture and compare intent, meaning, how it is used elsewhere because the Scriptures are consistent.

I could offer some insight into the meaning of that text via resources that shed light on it. It is also apparent God has not drawn each and every single person to himself since then. Some have never heard.

May 19, 2020
So you agree with him that people like me who through gods work entrusted our eternity to Christ did so if our own power?

How were you saved bro?

God chose me.i had no say in the matter.

We can’t be saved in our own power bro....only God’s power..x

May 19, 2020
HE CERTAINLY KNEW WHAT SIN WAS, HE and EVE HID IN THE BUSHES AFTER HE SINNED. HE WILLFULLY SINNED, then ADAM tried to shift the blame to "THE WOMAN YOU GAVE ME." Oh he knew alright, and he did it anyhow.

I can’t see he knew what sin was.....?

How did they know they were naked?

I am giving my brain a rest..I’m trying to understand in my own strength...it ain’t happening..I must let it go and pray about it..x

May 19, 2020
Jesus said all the drawn come to him, and he will raise them on the last day. John 6:44. That text also proves eternal security in addition to all that are drawn will be saved.

Nowhere does it say some didn't choose, and I am not about to add that into what Jesus said, I'm going to go only by what he stated.

Choose,choice....doing my head in!..........haaaa,x

So they never had a choice to be saved....so what happens to those who don’t get saved?..only God does the saving?

E

eternally-gratefull

I'm with you sister.

However now I will play along with and entertain a philosophical argumentation: Let's say Adam did choose to sin. OK. Well, that doesn't mean he can choose his way into salvation, or that man can either.

The bottom line is all that "choosing" has been proven incorrect by examining Scripture. (y)
That’s your opinion my friend
but sadly is Not true

You may have you opinion but you have not proven anything

E

eternally-gratefull

How were you saved bro?

God chose me.i had no say in the matter.

We can’t be saved in our own power bro....only God’s power..x
How was I saved

1 God drew me
2 god convicted me of sin convicted
Me of judgment and convicted me of his righteosness and how I fell short
3 His law which was written in my heart exposed My sin and led Me to him (gal 3)
4 he also Taught me the way to eternal life By feeding on him the food which endures Forever (confirmed in John 6)
5 and like the woman at the well offered
Me living water which would flow to eternal Life
Like the tax collector I got on my knees and called out for his mercy because I was lost had no hope And became poor in spirit

Now again can you answer my question

Do you agree with preacher that I did this if my own power ir
Not?

Pulie

May 26, 2020
Thank you for explaining....so OSAS is not biblical.

Amen to eternal salvation...that is biblical...so why oh why do some on here believe you can lose it?

Where in scripture does it say you can lose eternal salvation?.x
2Peter2:1
1Timothy4:1-2
John15:6
2Timothy4:3-4
Hebrews10:27-29
2Peter2:20-22
Hebrews6:4-6

May 19, 2020
How was I saved

1 God drew me
2 god convicted me of sin convicted
Me of judgment and convicted me of his righteosness and how I fell short
3 His law which was written in my heart exposed My sin and led Me to him (gal 3)
4 he also Taught me the way to eternal life By feeding on him the food which endures Forever (confirmed in John 6)
5 and like the woman at the well offered
Me living water which would flow to eternal Life
Like the tax collector I got on my knees and called out for his mercy because I was lost had no hope And became poor in spirit

Now again can you answer my question

Do you agree with preacher that I did this if my own power ir
Not?

No it doesn’t sound like you did any of it in your own power....God chose you.thats what I read...he drew you to him....x

Did preacher say you did that in your own strength?

E

eternally-gratefull

No it doesn’t sound like you did any of it in your own power....God chose you.thats what I read...he drew you to him....x

Did preacher say you did that in your own strength?
His argument was that I teach that I chose god of my own strength and in doing so. I merit My salvation
if you like I can show you the posts. It is the argument that right before I oncefallen threatened to start banning people

And thank you. Now if We could get preacher to see it the way you do

E

eternally-gratefull

I believe I am very confused about choice....because of my own upbringing....where I never knew what choice was until adulthood.
The thing you need to remember is we did Not chose god. Nor do we claim to (As he insists we do)

God chose to save us. By all he did. We just did Not get in the way In unbelief. We came to true living faith

E

EleventhHour

2Peter2:1
1Timothy4:1-2
John15:6
2Timothy4:3-4
Hebrews10:27-29
2Peter2:20-22
Hebrews6:4-6
We are justified in Christ for eternity, the gift of salvation is irrevocable...... this is exactly what scripture teaches us, so best to

understand those verses within that context otherwise not one of us has any hope of salvation.

May 19, 2020
[QUOTE

Bill.Once Saved Always Saved is not biblical..the words aren’t in the bible.
Osas....doesn’t sound good to me.....it’s sounds like you can do what ever you please...you can’t..just my opinion........you shall know them by their fruit.......

Eternal life ,yes....it’s biblical.....