Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Wait! Didn't you do work to post this thread about "Not by works"? Had you not posted this, would someone who's never heard of "Not by works" heard of it? If so, did they get saved by your works for informing them about Jesus Christ?

Pay attention to people's actions not words. That's where the truth always is!

I am not a follower of Paul. I am a true Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, the namesake of the word Christian!

Here is what Jesus Christ says:

. . .

It is obvious that you do not UNDERSTAND evangelical THEOLOGY. Evangelicals includes most of the Baptists, Non-Denominational Bible Teaching Churches, Evangelical Free Churches, Bible Churches, Bible Fellowship Churches, Grace Brethren Churches, and several other Churches. Also I should mention, I believe in using Colors and Bold print, but it is not yelling, it is only for emphasis. I do not bow to facebook rules. No Offense Intended.

We believe that SALVATION began Before Time Began, which is when HE wrote our names in the Book of Life, and Therefore, SALVATION Was COMPLETED by CHRIST HIMSELF at the genuine Conversion of the TRUE BELIEVER, and we had nothing to do with it. Confessing HIM AS OUR PERSONAL LORD and MEANING IT WITH OUR WHOLE HEART, is NOT A WORK on our part, it is the Primary FUNCTION of the HOLY SPIRIT.

1 Corinthians 12:3 (HCSB)
3 Therefore I am informing you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is cursed,” and no one can say, Jesus is Lord, {as a genuine CONFESSION, which happen in your heart that is the Human Spirit} except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9-10 (HCSB)
9 If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

You see, WE USE A VASTLY DIFFERENT DEFINITION, for WORKS, than you do. In Our Definition it is any effort to accomplish or add to SALVATION by CHRIST ALONE. NO, we do not teach obedience as PART OF SALVATION, but we do teach Obedience is PART OF THE AGAPE LOVE HE POURED INTO OUR HEARTS, in other words our Human Spirit. EVERYTHING we do for Christ or others, after Genuine SALVATION, that happens in an instant, is PART OF OUR SANCTIFICATION PROCESS, THAT WILL TAKE A LIFETIME UP UNTIL THE RESURRECTION. Every Deed, every Kindness, every Compassion, etc. ONLY HAS VALUE TO GOD, if it is done out of GENUINE AGAPE LOVE. No other Motive will suffice, as it is Wood, Hay, or Stubble at BEST, or FILTHY RAGS AT THE WORST.

Romans 5:1-10 (HCSB)
1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance,
4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
6 For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die.
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.
10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, ⌊then how⌋ much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!

I have a suggestion for you, PLEASE spend some Time reading what we are all about, and do not lash out with JUDGEMENTS, Several People have been banned from this thread. I too wanted to put Zzzzzz, it is NOT the Scripture that we find Boring, it is that SAME OLD ARGUMENTS. Most of us have been on this thread for a Couple YEARS or more, and dc has been here since 2 Jan, 1917. And I have debated non-OSAS believers on other threads or Sites, and those who think their works should count for their SALVATION, and every false Teaching in between. AND I have not heard anything NEW in AT LEAST a 1.5 YEARS at least. Everyone who wants to believe those false teachings, does not realize, we on this OSAS side of the camp, have heard it all MULTIPLES TIMES. So dc was not diminishing the Importance of the LORD's Word, but rather just letting you know we have heard that position Multiple TIMES before, and considers it a error in translation or a misunderstanding.

I want to repeat myself:

We do not consider any deeds AFTER WE FIRST genuinely Believed, to be Part of SALVATION, BUT RATHER AN ONGOING PART OF SANCTIFICATION OF THE BODY.

By the same HOLY SPIRT, we do not consider Genuine SAVING FAITH, REPENTANCE, BIRTH OF OUR ONE DEAD HUMAN SPIRIT, or RECEIVING HIM AS LORD of our LIVES was not of HUMAN EFFORT, but RATHER what the HOLY SPIRIT DOES IN THE HEART OF MAN

We are no longer searching for TRUTH, because we are totally convince by the Holy Spirit in US, that we have the TRUTH in the OSAS Doctrine. That we Genuine BELIEVE, THAT TRUTH IS WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.

Titus 3:5-7 (HCSB)
5 He saved usnot by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
6 He poured out this ⌊Spirit⌋ on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that having been justified by His grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.

2 Corinthians 3:5 (HCSB)
5 ⌊It is⌋ not that we are competent in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our competence is from God.

Ephesians 6:24 (HCSB)
24 Grace be with all who have undying {agape} love for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:11-14 (HCSB)
11 We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will,
12 so that we who had already put our hope in the Messiah might bring praise to His glory.
13 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.
14 He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

Romans 8:28-31 (HCSB)
28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
29 For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.
30 And those He predestined, He also called; and those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified.
31 What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Well, we have one who says they "know what kind of person you are?" Judgmental to say the least. Whatever happened to true discussion without personal condemnation?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I wonder why the Webster's Bible, was never published in a Red Letter Edition ? ? ?

I had to change the Color Manually to get it to Red Letter.

John 17:1-12 (Webster's Bible)
1 These words spoke Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they may know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thy ownself, with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6 I have manifested thy name to the men whom thou gavest to me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them to me; and they have kept thy word.
7 Now they have known that all things whatever thou hast given me are from thee.
8 For I have given to them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them whom thou hast given to me; for they are thine.
10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thy own name those whom thou hast given to me, that they may be one, as we are.
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest to me I have kept, and none of them is lost but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The burden of SALVATION, is TOTALLY ON JESUS. So that the scripture might be fulfilled, then JESUS has accepted the responsibility to KEEP us from making a decision to abandon HIM. All the people do that are not Prodigals who will return, that permanently abandon CHRIST, is PROVE they were NEVER really SAVED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Otherwise you would have more than ONE, which would contradict VERSE 12. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ? ? ?

1 Corinthians 2:16 (Webster's Bible)
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Now that gives us a whole new meaning to why we have the Mind of Christ in us. Those who are not BORN AGAIN, do not have the mind of CHRIST in them. And THIS IS THE POWER OF GOD THAT PETER IS TALKING ABOUT:

1 Peter 1:3-5 (HCSB)
3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
4 and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
5 You are being protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _🡹

I remember an inmate I talked to when I was a Volunteer Chaplain. He Said, "I tried Christianity once, and it did not work!"

No, he did not try Christianity, he was trying to use prayer, to make GOD do what he wanted. I would say the same is true about almost everyone who gave up on CHRIST.

E

EleventhHour

Pay attention to people's actions not words. That's where the truth always is!
Now isn't that something, you type... to not pay attention to words and then you post words from scripture.

So what kind of person are you then? Contradictory?

And actually you would be incorrect... the truth is always in scripture.

Dec 12, 2013
Well, we have one who says they "know what kind of person you are?" Judgmental to say the least. Whatever happened to true discussion without personal condemnation?
Who said that and about who?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
yes, another trying ( and failing ) to try to make Paul contradict Jesus.

i mean, here was a man who hated Jesus followers, was on the way to arrest them, and then had a terrifying encounter with the very person whom he was going against .

how can anyone think that after this encounter that Paul would contradict Jesus , who BLINDED Him??

And then, JESUS inspired PAUL, to write what HE DID:

2 Timothy 3:16 (HCSB)
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,

2 Peter 1:19-21 (HCSB)
19 So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
20 First of all, you should know this: No prophecy of Scripture comes from one’s own interpretation,
21 because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, men spoke from God as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Dec 12, 2013
I am online so I can answer.... towards you... from @AndyMaleh in his post above.

#148 195
Oh, that joker that pits Jesus against Paul even though Jesus INSPIRED PAUL, Jesus taught Paul by direct revelation and the words of PAUL are the words of JESUS.......

Ignorance
noun
  1. lack of knowledge or information.
    "he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"

E

EleventhHour

Oh that joker that pits Jesus against Paul even though Jesus INSPIRED PAUL, Jesus taught Paul by direct revelation and the words of PAUL are the words of JESUS.......

Ignorance
noun
  1. lack of knowledge or information.
    "he acted in ignorance of basic procedures"
That would be the one!!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
'These are the things you shall do:
speak each man the truth to his neighbor; give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;
let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor, and do not love a false oath,
for all these are things that I hate,’
Says the LORD.
(Zechariah 8:16-17)

:unsure:

:)

E

EleventhHour

i haven't been able to win yet, because no one is talking about Christ's skin color :rolleyes:
They were but it has fallen in the back pages....

It is very likely that Jesus was Middle Eastern looking with light skin, curly hair, dark in color, perhaps light brown.

Since I have shared in your winning... I get a share in your banning rights. :censored:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
They were but it has fallen in the back pages....

It is very likely that Jesus was Middle Eastern looking with light skin, curly hair, dark in color, perhaps light brown.

Since I have shared in your winning... I get a share in your banning rights. :censored:

ah i was limiting myself to 'page 1 of BDF' -- been playing for about 5 days now since SoulWeaver sent me the game.
i guess i'm giving myself a challenge haha -- hey does it count if we bump that thread?

E

EleventhHour

ah i was limiting myself to 'page 1 of BDF' -- been playing for about 5 days now since SoulWeaver sent me the game.
i guess i'm giving myself a challenge haha -- hey does it count if we bump that thread?
Since I am eager to share "banning rights" (jk) with you how about we stipulate the last 60 days?
Then you win fair and square.

I messaging @Oncefallen as we speak... :D

Boy I hope he has a sense of humor or I may not be here tomorrow.

May 31, 2020
Take my yoke he said....His burden is light and what was the other word......EASY! The religionists, salvation losers and workers for MAKE THE YOKE HEAVY AND IMPOSSIBLE!

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
My favorite verses in the entire Bible.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Since I am eager to share "banning rights" (jk) with you how about we stipulate the last 60 days?
Then you win fair and square.

I messaging @Oncefallen as we speak... :D

Boy I hope he has a sense of humor or I may not be here tomorrow.
all i need right now on page 1 of BDF is a thread on food or clothing lol

8_CC BINGO.jpg

E

EleventhHour

all i need right now on page 1 of BDF is a thread on food or clothing lol

View attachment 219793
We are close then.

There was a member here a few years ago he insisted Jesus wore designer clothing... I wish I could remember his name.

Well, there is definitely one on "appropriate dress" somewhere in the back pages..... we may have to extend the time limit.

These are trying times........... cheating is allowed.

May 31, 2020
One of for sure.......and how.many relogionists seek to add human effort, merit, muddy the water and make it difficult.....Just like the Pharisees and Lawyers of Jesus' day.
Jesus invites the whole world to come to Him and somehow calvi’s see and say otherwise.