Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 11, 2020
Do you think you need to be circumcised now? It is God that does that spiritually. Yes, we have a part to play after we are saved, but works do not enable us to be born again. Lack of works will not cause us to be unborn again. It would be better if the word "fruit" replaced "works".

Christians should be changing progressively from the moment they are born again. Emphasis on "should." Eventually all will be completed by when we meet Lord Jesus face to face. Christians will be rewarded for what they have done in this life. Some will suffer great loss as their works will burn up. Others will be greatly rewarded because they followed the leading of the Holy Spirit. That's where works come in.
Please tell me what kind of rewards await the two categories of Christians you mentioned?.

Jul 11, 2020
Exactly right, Precious friend:

Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
{incorruptible crown/reigning With HIM!} are 100 percent Earned!

(1)God's Simple Will!

(2) (2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 16:25; Ephesians 1:3-9; Ephesians 3:9 =
Grace/Mystery fellowship, today?)

(3) EACH of us will Only give account of him/herSELF To CHRIST, At The BEMA
Judgment Seat Of CHRIST, In Heaven! (
1 Corinthians 3:7-15), Correct?

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
You said, Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards

my response.

Well, Salvation as regards Justification is totally free. But, we are justified in order to have eternal life which is the end result of our justification. . Scripture tells us clearly that Salvation is via Justification and Sanctification. Can you say you are truly saved if you do not obtain , in your own words, that incorruptible crown or reign with Him? Where this end result is not obtained, we have failed, not because the Sacrifice of Christ Jesus is of no effect or we made void his sacrifice by not obtaining, No. We did not obtain because we failed to go by the Principles and examples he declared to us. We failed just like Adam and Eve failed in the garden of Eden.

you said

EACH of us will Only give account of him/herSELF To CHRIST, At The BEMA
Judgment Seat Of CHRIST, In Heaven! (
1 Corinthians 3:7-15), Correct?

I respond

We will give account of the life we lived here on earth. And, our deeds are judged daily as we do them..

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
Please tell me what kind of rewards await the two categories of Christians you mentioned?.

1 Corinthians 11:7
A man ought not have his head covered [during worship], since he is the image and [reflected] glory of God; " AMP

1 Peter 5:4
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, you shall receive a crown of glory that fades not away.

when who - He (the Shepard) - appears where?

19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.…

King James Bible
Him that overcometh [sin - imperfection] will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out [never sin or become lost again]:

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
You {GRACE_ambassador} said, Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
Precious friend, you left out something; Did you not check out the
Scriptural Evidence for my belief, before responding?:

Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards

(1) God's Simple Will! I will display this updated "study" here for
your convenience:

Precious friend(s), is not the Solution to Confusion recognizing
God's Differences Between "HIS Relationship With us," And
"our fellowship with HIM!"?

God's Will, Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE? Very Simply showing
THREE Tenses Of HIS ETERNAL Salvation:

"...God Which raiseth the dead: Who Delivered us from so great a death, and
Doth Deliver: in Whom we trust that HE Will Yet Deliver us;"
(2 Corinthians 1:9c-10)

Past Tense:
(1) God Establishes HIS Eternal Relationship With those who humbly:
believe, 100% trust, place Total faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST, HIS
Death {Precious BLOOD}, Burial, And HIS Resurrection, According To The
Scriptures! (
1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5 KJB!)

"GRACE Through faith" In The Merits Of HIS
Precious And
ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Results:

All sins Forgiven, HIS Eternal Life, And, Peace With God!
{This Is
Eternal DELIVERANCE From the PENALTY of sin!}
Justification And Spiritual Sanctification {"Set Apart" By God!},
First, And, THEN:

Present Tense:
(2) The believer SHOULD do "good works" {Which will NEVER
EQUAL CHRIST's
TOTAL PAYMENT For the above PENALTY of sin!},
for Which we Are Created In CHRIST JESUS, to perform for HIM,
having "been Called into
fellowship With HIM!" Amen?:

We "work out OUR OWN salvation" {This SHOULD Be a
lifetime of DELIVERANCE From the POWER of sin!}
PERSONAL {set yourSELF apart} Sanctification:

(2A) "Access The GRACE, Wherein ye stand!..." (Romans 5:2)

1) Daily submission: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, By the Mercies
of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice..." (Romans 12:1-2)​
2) "Walk In The Spirit!" (Romans 8:1, 4; Galatians 5:16, 25)​
"And walk in love, as Christ Also Hath Loved us, and Hath Given HIMSELF For us
An Offering and A Sacrifice To God for a sweetsmelling savour." (Ephesians 5:2)

(2B) Fulfil, by faith, ALL Of His Law, In "ONE Word: LOVE your neighbor
as yourself!" (
Galatians 5:6; Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10 KJB!)

(2C) Study HIS Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, to show
yourself
Approved Unto God! (2 Timothy 2:15 KJB!)

Eternal Results: reward {or loss} (1 Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!),
ruling and reigning With CHRIST, Which Will FINALLY Be At
The Judgment Day:

Future Tense:
(3) CHRIST's GLORIFICATION of All "members" Of HIS Body!!
{This Is
Eternal DELIVERANCE From the PRESENCE of sin!}
Amen?

----------------------------------
Conclusion:

BIG Differences Between God's Relationship And our fellowship!
Correct?

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
It was written to the children of Israel. But is relevant to us. But you in context of the “works” passage. It was written to people who claimed to have faith hearers of the word only not doers (had no works)

In scripture many Jews who were freed from the bondage of the law. To it 180 degrees out and thought they could believe and they were ok. As Peter said many took Paul’s writings of grace and misread them to their own misunderstanding. James is telling them to test their faith. Is it a claimed
Faith only or a true living faith

I guess I am not sure if you are (totally) correct or not... but unless we have spoken to the author of a book -- we may not know what they actually meant -- by all their words (because we cannot see in their mind) -- especially in / by spirit. the letter (literal rendering of things) can killeth (truth), but the spirit (ual) (in totality) meaning will give more of real life.

((and the authors of the Bible were spiritual men.)) -- hint, hint :)

E

eternally-gratefull

I guess I am not sure if you are (totally) correct or not... but unless we have spoken to the author of a book -- we may not know what they actually meant -- by all their words (because we cannot see in their mind) -- especially in / by spirit. the letter (literal rendering of things) can killeth (truth), but the spirit (ual) (in totality) meaning will give more of real life.

((and the authors of the Bible were spiritual men.)) -- hint, hint :)
We take him and the rest of scripture and determine what he is NOT saying

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”

No one and I mean no one living in the flesh can ever be "sinless." We fight a spiritual battle daily between our "flesh" and our "spirit."

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Scripture tells us

---- to be holy and perfect as our Father which is in heaven ( is there sin in holiness or perfection, is there sin in God?);
Perfect means complete. As in, we find our wholeness in God alone.

Holy = set apart, for we are called out of this world.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Just think, God loves us so much, even with all of our sins, that He gave His only begotten Son to be the ransom for all mankind and all we have to do for eternal salvation is to "believe and accept" the Son of God, Jesus Christ the name above all Names

S

SaltwaterGirl

Just think, God loves us so much, even with all of our sins, that He gave His only begotten Son to be the ransom for all mankind and all we have to do for eternal salvation is to "believe and accept" the Son of God, Jesus Christ the name above all Names
88FCF916-5071-4341-AD7A-2D8A7AC839BE.gif 8DA411D3-C62D-4D58-8DEA-FD7C1E230604.gif BDC747B2-228D-44DD-8D22-FF555FADCB4F.gif

Chester

May 23, 2016
Why "have to do"? To me it is not a have to, but a "get to".

I am not satisfied at all with that "all we have to do is believe and accept": I want to live my belief out in real life in my actions and behavior every day. Out of gratefulness and the inspiration of God's love for me I want to be on the front line forces for the advancement of His Kingdom!

S

SaltwaterGirl

That lamb has got some talent with the jumping robe. Cute emojis. Where did you get those emojis from?
I love emojis and have been collecting them for years! Whenever I see one I like, I simply put my finger upon it for a sec and copy it and save the image in my photo library. If you like any of mine, feel free to copy them for your very own, okay? Bookloaf.net has some pretty cute ones. 6E68D344-9D90-4EDC-A2B4-D0ECABBC5E42.gif

E

eternally-gratefull

Not necessarily. Reading the post could just mean desiring to serve the Lord because of what he did to save.
I disagree

He said there is MORE to it than just believing and accepting

That is in the context of being saved

If I have to do more than believe and receive, then I am trying to earn my salvation.

That is works based.

Chester

May 23, 2016
I disagree

He said there is MORE to it than just believing and accepting
Actually I did not say there is "more to it than just believing and accepting." What I actually said was this: (post 152093)

"I am not satisfied at all with that "all we have to do is believe and accept": I want to live my belief out in real life in my actions and behavior every day. Out of gratefulness and the inspiration of God's love for me I want to be on the front line forces for the advancement of His Kingdom! "

Jan 9, 2014
Faith is not a work is it. And God has placed a condition on salvation correct? That condition is faith in Christ Jesus, correct?
We see the conditional salvation from the beginning with Abraham.
Gen 15:6
Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.
Abraham's faith was not a work but it was something that he had to do. God did not do it for him did He.
In the NT we see this same righteousness can be ours through faith.

Rom 3:22
even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

Now lest you think that I am talking about some form of works/merit for salvation let us look at
Gal 2:16
nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Paul tells us in plain language that those that trust in Christ Jesus will be saved
Rom 10:13
for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

But you may ask why would they call on the Lord but Paul anticipated that question and provided the answer
Rom 10:14
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?

So we see that the order of salvation is clearly shown in scripture.
Hearing → Believing → Calling → Salvation

Faith is not a work it is not merit it does not even save us but it is the condition of our salvation. We are saved by Gods' grace because of our faith in Christ Jesus. Salvation is God gift to us and we praise Him for it.
Eph 2:8
For
by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;[/QUOTE
Faith is not a work? Using your brain is not work? Writers, preachers and teachers and students disagree.
Or are you saying that faith is not something that one “does”? I only know of one way to “call upon” the Lord: Acts 22:16. Where else do you read of “calling upon” the Lord in the New Testament? In light of faith not being work, explain Acts 16…” 29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”
The jailer asked “What must I ‘do’…?” And he was told “believe”. So belief was that thing which the jailer was told to “do”. According to my Baptist friends and brothers, “anything” you “do” is work. But…of course…they…like yourself…redefine “work” to exclude “thinking”.