Now I Ain't Sayin' She's a GoldDigga...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
I've got it!!!

What if I had a maid in my house?

Women would think that I'm both rich enough to hire a maid and too important to do housework. What would you girls think of a fella who lived in is own house but had a maid? Would you mind living with maidy?

M

MusicalMe

I don't iron unless it's absolutely necessary (because I just have the little counter top ironing board, and it's a pain to try to iron something on that thing) - I fight wrinkles by tumbling stuff in the dryer for a little while.

S

SamIam

I've got it!!!

What if I had a maid in my house?

Women would think that I'm both rich enough to hire a maid and too important to do housework. What would you girls think of a fella who lived in is own house but had a maid? Would you mind living with maidy?

well the girl that we both know lol shhheeee says that she wouldnt live with her husband and a maid.... especially if the maid were attractive, because for some UNKNOWN reason.... men like LOTS of women... not just one. aaanyways........... but if the maid were old and ugly..... she wouldnt have a problem with it

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Ok I will choose my maid wisely...I think I need to make another application form.......

S

SamIam

... good idea... choose a maid thats really old... and can hardly see.... .. it would be more fun when you make faces at her

C

chelsers

WHAT'S WRONG WITH LIVIN WITH YOUR MOMMA!

who would make my lunch and iron my shirts if my momma didn't!

No but seriously, is this is a big issue? Definitely a few girls I've met tend to prefer dudes who have moved out. But why? Is it because its evidence they have money and a stable life? Maaaaaaan, maybe I should buy a house.
For me, it's only a big issue if a guy is mooching off his parents. If he's living with them because he doesn't want to get a job, or a job where he makes decent money, then that's not good.

S

SamIam

For me, it's only a big issue if a guy is mooching off his parents. If he's living with them because he doesn't want to get a job, or a job where he makes decent money, then that's not good.
good point!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
There's living at home because you have to, and living at home because you don't want to grow up. The first is ok.

Amen, Anne. Amen. Chelsers too hones in on this point... because if a guy is used to, let's say, paying his parents a few hundred (if even that) a month for living expenses and then gets married and suddenly it's like, "WHAT??? I have to put 99% of my money towards LIVING EXPENSES??? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING. I never did that with mommy and daddy, and no one's telling me what to do now!" You'll be headed for big problems. And, let's get real, probably divorce court. This is why it's important to me to find someone who's had a dose of "real life". Nowadays especially, I DO understand living with family (seeing as times are tough), but I wouldn't be able to work with someone who was used to having everything done for him--including paying the bills, cooking, and laundry. I know it's HARSH but c'mon... (now if if I were a stay-at-home mom and he were the only one working, I could see assuming most of the household responsibilities...) But if I'm working full-time too... I expect a partnership when it comes to the in's and out's of everyday living.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Very good points.

The way I see it, the longer I stay at home and not unnecessarily pay for food and housing costs, the more money I can save up to spend on my future household. If I were to move out now, then my financial security would be somewhat diminished, as well as my spare time.

I agree that my learning curve might be a bit steep when I move in with wifey, but money won't be an issue.

Besides, maids are expensive, so I need to save all that I can now!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Very good points.

The way I see it, the longer I stay at home and not unnecessarily pay for food and housing costs, the more money I can save up to spend on my future household. If I were to move out now, then my financial security would be somewhat diminished, as well as my spare time.

I agree that my learning curve might be a bit steep when I move in with wifey, but money won't be an issue.

I do agree with you, Sharp, about staying at home and being financially responsible with an eye toward the future (preparing for a wife, family, etc.) My youngest brother stayed at home until he was in his mid-20's, working two full-time jobs and taking a class here and there all at the same time... he lived in other countries for a few years so he was well-acquainted with independence... but he saved everything else he possibly could in the meantime. The girl he married had been a saver, too, so when they got married, they combined their savings together and paid for their first home in cash. Not a bad deal :).

M

MusicalMe

Very good points.

I agree, as well. I have no problem with someone staying at home for the purpose of saving. I probably should have done it too but after I went to college, my parents and I both enjoyed our freedom so much that it was really hard to survive the one summer that I did live at home.

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
There's no way I would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a house so I can prove that I am independent and secure and mature.

I have a huge objection to living alone, besides having crumpled shirts and hunger pains. I would be lonely! I will not move out of my momma's house unless I have someone else to move in with.
LOL! You bum.

No, but I totally agree :] I'd be lonely too