Now....let us discuss 'Her Needs'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

newone

Hi...nice to be here. i am new and just gone through the thread of seoulsearch about a woman's role to make her man complete. let me start my first thread inviting your opinions on a woman's expectations from her believer husband. i hope this will help a lot of guys including myself.

Hai Seoulsearch.... i don't know ur name. pls excuse me for slightly copying your patent without permission.

Have A Nice Time

Aug 2, 2009
... i hope this will help a lot of guys including myself..
Welcome to the forum! :D

No offense, but that won't help me one bit.

The only thing that will help me is a woman who will love me for the man that I am... and not for the man she expects me to be.

K

kiwi_OT

Welcome to the forum! :D

No offense, but that won't help me one bit.

The only thing that will help me is a woman who will love me for the man that I am... and not for the man she expects me to be.
Whats wrong with both??
I love my boyfriend for who he is but I know that God commands us to always grow to be like his son Jesus. Why cant I expect that of him? I expect him to maintain and grow in his relationship with God. I expect him to seek revelation by reading his bible and praying and then applying it in his life. I expect him to seek community with other godly men and to do the mission God calls him to do. I dont expect it in a demanding one sided way, I expect him in a way that he knows he is also encouraged and supported 110% And I do the same for him.

Aug 2, 2009
Whats wrong with both??
I love my boyfriend for who he is but I know that God commands us to always grow to be like his son Jesus. Why cant I expect that of him? I expect him to maintain and grow in his relationship with God. I expect him to seek revelation by reading his bible and praying and then applying it in his life. I expect him to seek community with other godly men and to do the mission God calls him to do. I dont expect it in a demanding one sided way, I expect him in a way that he knows he is also encouraged and supported 110% And I do the same for him.
That is fine. I have no problem with that at all. It is good to want to build each other up, as long as it is mutual.

I myself dont want to have to live up to someone else's expectations. I will not impose my own expectations on her either. Whoever God blesses me with I will accept her with all of her faults. Her relationship with the Lord is just that..hers. If she asks for my help I will gladly provide it, but I will not expect her to keep growing in her relationship with the Lord in order for me to be satisfied with her.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
I only ask the Lord to send me someone who wants my love...not "someone who's worthy of it". By God, even I am not worthy to be blessed with a loyal, loving wife! What then gives me the right to be picky about her??

Last edited:
J

Jennifleur

Well, it's difficult to just pin down our "needs" to a list, anyway. I think, more than anything, a woman needs to know she is loved by the guy in her life, and that she won't lose that love. How you show that love is different for each woman; if you've ever heard of the "five love languages", I've found that they hold true for everyone I've talked to about them. We all fit into one of the categories. But, most women have deep-rooted insecurities, and one of those is that we can lose that love that a man gives us. Ever wonder why, when you want to be left alone after a fight, a woman wants to talk about it? Is it rational? No, and we as women know that. But the insecurity is there. Beyond that, and helping us to grow and mature in Christ, being the head as men are supposed to be, the other issues are minor. I have found a book that really explains some of them well, called "For Men Only" by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn. It's just a suggestion; I"m not bugging any of the guys out there to read it! Lol. But, in case you're interested, I've found it to be pretty accurate.

I agree with zeroturbulence, when you are with someone, you need to love and accept each other, faults included. You also have to be able to look past the "weird" gender issues (or, probably even better, try to understand them or at least sympathize with them), and love each other in spite of the things that drive you crazy. But, I would say, just like in the men's thread, we want someone who is going to stand by our side, love us wholly even when we feel unlovable, pray for us and encourage us as we walk with Christ.

At least, that is what I'd hope for.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi...nice to be here. i am new and just gone through the thread of seoulsearch about a woman's role to make her man complete. let me start my first thread inviting your opinions on a woman's expectations from her believer husband. i hope this will help a lot of guys including myself.

Hai Seoulsearch.... i don't know ur name. pls excuse me for slightly copying your patent without permission.

Have A Nice Time
Not a problem at all, Newone. :) I'm flattered that you chose to use my thread as an idea. I wish I had time to write a proper reply tonight but I'm in a bit of a hurry... I'll be checking in on this thread when I can and will hopefully add something halfway meaningful soon!!!

(I'm Kim, by the way, very nice to meet you.)

May 21, 2009
We are who we are. We can love God but be very different people. We're not to compair people. Your not to have a husband and be wishing all the time that he was like Eddy down the street. That wrong.

Yes people can change and become better. But we need to watch out. Jim can't be with Susan and always wanting her to be like Jane he used to know.

K

kiwi_OT

That is fine. I have no problem with that at all. It is good to want to build each other up, as long as it is mutual.

I myself dont want to have to live up to someone else's expectations. I will not impose my own expectations on her either. Whoever God blesses me with I will accept her with all of her faults. Her relationship with the Lord is just that..hers. If she asks for my help I will gladly provide it, but I will not expect her to keep growing in her relationship with the Lord in order for me to be satisfied with her.
I think of it like this. My expectations are based on what we mutually agree for each other which comes from the bible. Our expectations of each other are what God expects from us individually and as a couple. If we feel the one is placing an expectation on the other which is not biblical then we talk and negotiate how important it really is.

Just a hint though, as a female, in this culture we are taught to be staunchly independent (which is unhealthy in large arrogant doses). When girls want help they dont like to ask for it because they dont want to appear needy. Theres one cure to this mess - a guy who takes initiative. As humans we most often dont realise when we need help either, so its important for couples to be observant of one another and keep each other accountable.

You sound like a very open hearted guy which is so cool (not many of those around :)). I agree that its important to be unconditionally loving and tolerant. But how tolerant? I believe that in order to be unconditionally loving we need to have firm boundaries but gently laid out to others. Let me put an example to you:
Say you may get a girlfriend whose spiritual gift is faith and leadership. Shes full of love and optimism and bubbly ideas and people flock to her, but her weakness is organisation. And as much as she is loved, you notice that people get really annoyed at her unpunctuality, her never getting anything finished and then suffering because of her low grades or being put on probation at work. You see what the issue is but she doesnt and begins to think that God is punishing her for something and feels very discouraged.
Will you accept this fault of hers as untreatable and pat her on the back and say "there there, it'll be ok",
OR
Will you say gently, "My love, Ive noticed that you're not as strong in some areas as you are with others and this is making you and others unhappy. Can I help you to figure this out?" Are you going to tell her that in a workplace there are expectations of punctuality and work completion? Will you give her some ideas on how to straighten this out? What if she refuses your ideas accuses you of wanting to "control her" and continues down the path shes in while constantly never learning and always wallowing as to why things dont work out? You being her boyfriend and being in love with her, will surely not accept this. Are you really going to accept this unresolved fault as just part of the package? Intuitively, your expectation of her is that you want her to grow, and by growing in understanding become happier again. But for her to grow she needs to humble herself and consider the expectations of those around her including yourself. If you persevere in love and gentleness and she still doesnt get it, do you think you could continue to stand around being tolerant of that?

Dont you want her to have similar expectations of you if your positions were switched?

D

DreaMtz123

i say, maybe we could start by being like the person we wanna married.not only wanting to receive but also give. what he (she) deserves.. and wait for the time bc God wants us to have a Godly relationship ...
No Greater Joy: Created To Be His Help Meet...

T

TWILIGHTROYALTY

Hey everyone
I am new and as a young women I would want me guy to respect me and have converstaion with me . And have patience and respect my views. I also want a har working guy and a guy with self respect for himself because the bible said that as a man trusts his wife he treats himself also.

D

Daedalus

I put high standards on myself because God has high standards. He wants ME all of ME. My heart, my soul, and my spirit. I expect myself to have the fruits of the spirit named in Galations 5:22-23... Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I can only accomplish that by dedicating my life to God and spending time with him EVERYDAY!!! I've searched in the bible for a man's purpose and the character of a Godly man and through God's spirit I've allowed him to shape me into that man. I continually allow him to do that everyday!

I am called to the five fold ministry. I'm already ministering to quite a few people and I'll be doing A LOT more in the future. The Bible says this about one who is called to do much...Luke 12:48 ..."For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required"... I've given my life to God. I would die for my God. I love him with my whole being. I want to do his will.

So...I require a wife who's willing to die out to her flesh and her desires to put God first and truly know that he's God. Is that too much to ask?

=P

G

godsbluesman

I put high standards on myself because God has high standards. He wants ME all of ME. My heart, my soul, and my spirit. I expect myself to have the fruits of the spirit named in Galations 5:22-23... Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I can only accomplish that by dedicating my life to God and spending time with him EVERYDAY!!! I've searched in the bible for a man's purpose and the character of a Godly man and through God's spirit I've allowed him to shape me into that man. I continually allow him to do that everyday!

I am called to the five fold ministry. I'm already ministering to quite a few people and I'll be doing A LOT more in the future. The Bible says this about one who is called to do much...Luke 12:48 ..."For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required"... I've given my life to God. I would die for my God. I love him with my whole being. I want to do his will.

So...I require a wife who's willing to die out to her flesh and her desires to put God first and truly know that he's God. Is that too much to ask?

=P
Right=a woman is covered by her husband as the husband is covered by God.she should die to herself and give herself over to god and her husband. It's not too much toask,BUT in the society we live in now women are more and more independent.Biblically,a woman is supposed to submit unto her husband,But we rarely if ever see this anymore.back in the old days it was this way,but now,instead of a marriage lasting 50 years it lasts more like 5.is somethin wrong here? YES THERE IS ! This country's values are gone.We founded this country With god and even now one person destroyed that-one atheist who wanted prayer out of school.......sorry got carried away. you get my point-anyway,I also practice abstinence from sex,praise god-like you said,It helps us to focus on the most important thing here-GOD
Just imagine standing in judgement and being told well done-enter into your reward

D

Daedalus

Right=a woman is covered by her husband as the husband is covered by God.she should die to herself and give herself over to god and her husband. It's not too much toask,BUT in the society we live in now women are more and more independent.Biblically,a woman is supposed to submit unto her husband,But we rarely if ever see this anymore.back in the old days it was this way,but now,instead of a marriage lasting 50 years it lasts more like 5.is somethin wrong here? YES THERE IS ! This country's values are gone.We founded this country With god and even now one person destroyed that-one atheist who wanted prayer out of school.......sorry got carried away. you get my point-anyway,I also practice abstinence from sex,praise god-like you said,It helps us to focus on the most important thing here-GOD
Just imagine standing in judgement and being told well done-enter into your reward
I agree with you brother.

If a woman is truly obedient to God she'll be obedient to her husband. I will add a man needs to be a man of God to be worthy of a woman that will be obedient to God and him. It is a lot to ask but compared to almighty God it is not!

G

godsbluesman

Right again-A man does need to be Godly to set the example for other men too.