I've been to the West Side Market. It's pretty awesome. I think I'd go just because of the market... and I'm not really kidding.I say Cleveland.
*Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
*Cleveland PlayHouse Square
*Lake Erie
*3 1/2 hrs from Niagara Falls
*near NFL Hall of Fame
*West Side Market
I would if I could AFFORD it.I could suggest India but you guys wouldn't come, would you?![]()
I could suggest India but you guys wouldn't come, would you?![]()


A CC Meetup is definitely like falling down the rabbit hole or visiting the Land of Oz for a few days... and hopefully we can plan an even more epic adventure in a town near you (or maybe you can come to us) SOON!
![]()
one more thing. no one needs ALL of us to plan a meet up, or to even plan and promote such a thing on the public pages of this site. in fact, i personally would discourage such a thing (for safety reasons). specifics should be handled off-line, in my opinion. but i digress...
in fact, anyone should feel free to organize something in their "greater area". there are a handful of regions that have a number of cc'ers, and that includes those who have upcoming plans to travel--they could organize meetups in their "destination" locales. you could start a thread with general inquiry, and take the conversation off-line, or create a group for private discussion.
there is no designated leader or "owner" of meetups. anyone can take the onus to plan a meet up in their area, and i hope folks consider such a thing. : )
meet ups only occur and happen when one (or a few folks) decides to take some ownership and make it happen.
one more thing. no one needs ALL of us to plan a meet up, or to even plan and promote such a thing on the public pages of this site. in fact, i personally would discourage such a thing (for safety reasons). specifics should be handled off-line, in my opinion. but i digress...
in fact, anyone should feel free to organize something in their "greater area". there are a handful of regions that have a number of cc'ers, and that includes those who have upcoming plans to travel--they could organize meetups in their "destination" locales. you could start a thread with general inquiry, and take the conversation off-line, or create a group for private discussion.
there is no designated leader or "owner" of meetups. anyone can take the onus to plan a meet up in their area, and i hope folks consider such a thing. : )
meet ups only occur and happen when one (or a few folks) decides to take some ownership and make it happen.
Just to clear up any misunderstandings...
...while I can appreciate all the sentiment of, "Well, why don't you do a meetup where I'm at?!" I should point out to you that of all the attendees to the meetup, only ONE was a resident of the DFW area. DFW was selected specifically because 1) it's central location from an east-to-west standpoint and 2) because it is a major airline hub, meaning that it would be possible for those flying to fly direct from their local hubs with no or few connections. CatHerder flew in from CA, Seoul flew in from AZ, and originally there was to be another person flying from CA, another from the Pacific Northwest, another from Colorado, and another from Ohio. I drove for 9 hours, and Gracie drove for 3 hours. The ONLY one who was local was Misty77, and again, we did not select DFW as a convenience to her; it was central. Yes, Colorado and Tennessee are semi-central, but Colorado is less central to someone in Florida versus someone in Washington, and Tennessee is less central to someone in Oregon versus someone in Pennsylvania. While DFW does sway south, there's really no other major cities with "things to do" AND also a major airline hub right along that central point. (Come on, you're telling me you're all dying to visit downtown Tulsa?)
Believe me when I say that I would have been overjoyed to have a meetup in the Las Cruces/El Paso area, but the reality was we needed to meet someplace EQUALLY inconvenient for everyone. ^_^ Misty77 just lucked out.
If there are any feelings of exclusion, please also understand that this meetup discussion started in and was carried out in the chatroom, not on the forums. It wasn't done that way to exclude anyone, it's just that we always ended up discussing it as such.
Hope that clears things up as to the how and why.