I agree that we can and should repent, obey, resist temptation, and pursue holiness, but Scripture distinguishes between what believers are commanded to do and what actually justifies a sinner before God, which Paul says is faith apart from works (Rom. 4:5; Eph. 2:8-9).
I agree that God does not justify those who remain in willful rebellion, and I agree that repentance, baptism, and perseverance are all taught in Scripture; where I differ is that Romans 4:5 says God justifies the ungodly who believe, meaning justification is granted to the sinner who comes to God in faith, not because he has first become righteous enough to merit it.
Repentance does not make a person an ex-sinner in the sense of becoming worthy of justification, because even after conversion believers still need Christ's advocacy when they sin (1 John 2:1).
Baptism is profoundly important, but the cleansing power is in Christ's blood, not in the act itself.
We both agree that believers must endure faithfully to the end; my point is simply that our endurance is the fruit of God's saving work, not the payment by which we secure our final acceptance before Him.
The sinner is justified because of Christ, and the justified sinner is then called to walk in obedience.
I agree that love-driven obedience and the warnings about perseverance belong together, but I would still distinguish between obeying because Christ is worthy and obeying in order to earn or maintain justification, since Scripture grounds justification in faith while calling the justified to endure in faithful obedience.
I agree that some people wrongly dismiss repentance, baptism, and obedience because they fear "works," but even if we limit Paul's immediate context to works of the Law, Paul still distinguishes between the obedience that flows from faith and the works by which a person attempts to establish his own righteousness before God (Rom. 3:20; 4:4-5; Phil. 3:9).
I agree that repentance and baptism are commanded responses to the gospel, but if obedience is the thing that receives justification because it earns God's acceptance, then justification is no longer being received by grace through faith but as something secured by human performance, which is the distinction Paul is addressing in Romans 4:4-5.
I agree that believers must actively persevere and that those who abandon Christ are warned of judgment, but I would say the "car" itself, the road, the fuel, and even our ability to steer are gifts of God's grace, so while our actions matter, salvation ultimately depends on God's saving work rather than our independent ability to keep ourselves saved (John 15:5; Phil. 2:12-13; Jude 24).
I agree that Scripture warns the unfaithful and calls believers to persevere, but Philippians 1:6 emphasizes God's faithfulness in completing His work, so the question is not whether true faith endures, but whether that endurance is ultimately grounded in God's preserving grace or in man's ability to remain faithful.
I agree that each person is accountable for his life and that God's gifts are sufficient for faithful obedience, but Scripture's tension remains because the same Bible that commands perseverance also says that justification is not by works and that our ultimate confidence rests in God's mercy and Christ's righteousness rather than in our own ability to stand innocent before Him (Rom. 4:5; Phil. 3:9; Titus 3:5).