Obligatory Pokemon thread

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
No worries, brother. I think I was in Year 8 when the Pokemon craze hit. So I'm probably looking at it all from more of an old man's perspective. ;)

Lol yea I could see how that is. For me I was in 4th grade when it first hit. Then like halfway through 5th grade it was like you went to bed and woke up and pokemon was not cool anymore. Really I have found it's the younger ones that really kept the pokemon franchise alive and liked it the most lol.
 
I'm glad I read this thread. Now I know a little more about what pikachu is/was/can be. He's my favorite. :D I don't even know what pokeman is exactly.
 
You're 24 yo right? Uhm... grow up? :confused:

But...but...

I wanna be the very best! Like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test to train them is my cause. I will travel across the land searching far and wide these Pokémon to understand the power that's inside.

Pokémon! Gotta Catch Em' All!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0
[video=youtube;JuYeHPFR3f0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0[/video]
 
I like my garbodor, venusaur, empoleon, crobat and my snorlax. Mew is one of my special favorites though. Even though I've never caught it.
 
Because I love pokemans and I'm sure others do XD Feel free to post your favorites, any stuff you've done from previous games, ones you're excited for, ect.

Personally I'm really happy, I'm trying to go for a specialty as an eevee trainer and I have enough of the different forms to have a full roster. Having a little trouble leveling them up though, and sadly no flying eevee. THAT would be awesome. XD

So far I have Eevee, Jolteon, Flareon, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Vaporeon. Thinking about a Sylveon, but Umbreon and Espeon I have no care to get. At least not now. I hope I can transfer them to Alpha Saphire, I'm hoping to get that one soon.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

tumblr_mjud6gMZJw1rqpkgqo1_500.gif

Wait you don't like espeon? It's the best one!!!
 
I think I remember having an Espeon in Pokemon Colosseum (whichever the gamecube was one where pokemon turned dark and you could catch them ect ect) so I kinda got bored with it
 
Right, and the animation and creatures were more interesting and more involved, as well as the storylines and tone.

I always thought it was interesting that the Digimans were more monster like than pokemon were. Pokemon were kind of cuddly but you'd get digimon like
tumblr_nkyzu2oEr51tyak95o2_500.gif


Heck even the cute ones were intense!!

tumblr_ntx5ghq6BH1u2x2x0o1_r2_500.gif
 
Lol if this thread was posted in 2000, it would have EXPLODED in debate. It was the original transgender bathroom issue for Christians in the 90s/early 2000s.

Subliminal messages....witchcraft...you name it, people said it against pokemon.

Nobody could understand why glorified virtual dog fighting was fun...but it was :D
 
Yeah my pastor was very anti pokemon.... I don't know why I kept playing it, but I did. And I still love it. If it ever goes too crazy I'll have to just walk away, but it seems ok for now.