Obviously

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Obviously we post threads because out of love of Jesus Christ we like to share what we believe we know of His Word....Bible Discussion.

However when reading some of the titles, especially when in the form of questions it makes me wonder if the posting folks actually believe the Word.

It is certain many others have this same experience. God bless all in Jesus Christ....j

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
i'm sure some don't and some use the word as a weapon against people with whom they disagree. others may believe but lack the comprehension and discernment to understand it on the multi dimentional and spiritual levels that it speaks to us on.

Example; when the Pharisees questioned the lord about the law regarding divorce, Matthew 19 he quoted the law all right but went on further to draw the comparison about adultery after divorce. While elsewhere Matt 5; 28 he plainly states that a person can commit adultery just by looking at another woman. To me that points out the hypocracy of the Pharisees trying to enforce a law that they cannot obey. I sure what i just wrote will start an argument here among people who think like pharisees, i feel sorry for them.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Obviously we post threads because out of love of Jesus Christ we like to share what we believe we know of His Word....Bible Discussion.

However when reading some of the titles, especially when in the form of questions it makes me wonder if the posting folks actually believe the Word.

It is certain many others have this same experience. God bless all in Jesus Christ....j
I think we should recall the teaching that tells us we will know those who are in Christ by their fruits. When they exhibit they are devoid of the peace of Christ are they Christ holy spirit filled? Can you imagine reading a passage where Jesus is speaking as that one you're reading writes?
It would be a blessing indeed if every Christian forum we chose to join were populated with but two kinds of people. Those who are truly in Christ. And those who have an open heart and seek to learn of Christ and what it is like to be in that community.

But that isn't the world. So it cannot be so on the World Wide Web. That is why there was inspired by God, as I see it anyway, a frame that can be put around that which is hate filled adversarial other. "POE". When we recognize them by their fruits we may come to realize no manner of our peace will ever reach through their rage. They hate us because we're blessed. Ignore it because if it can chink our peace to let us to rise at all in response to its wicked baiting it will feel it has stolen one from God.

God calls whom he will to his Son. No one comes to the Father but through the Father (Son). Narrow is the way.
Jesus spoke in parables very often in delivering the truth of God in Christ. As he said, so that not all would understand. Think how many communities you , I, other sisters and brothers here are members of. Think how many rage filled people we encounter. Not those who are fellow members of the Ekklesia who flare from time to time, as Jesus did show his own temper against the money changers. But those who no matter what is discussed are more apt to deliver venom than peace. And who become highly offensive when proven wrong in their trying to explain scripture that doesn't actually breathe to them. A different spirit they are than one of us who are just learning how to breathe the word.

Those one's that are so rage filled , rude, personally attack at any opportunity, are those whom Jesus spoke about when he said his sermons were masked as parables. And those were very often taken from what his fellow Jews recalled from teachings in the temple and what we call the old testament and the parables found there.

Jesus never said to suffer the abuse of those who feed on responses from their efforts. Pray for them. But kick the dust from your feet and keep it moving when they show you it is not the true word they are paying you attention for.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
i'm sure some don't and some use the word as a weapon against people with whom they disagree. others may believe but lack the comprehension and discernment to understand it on the multi dimentional and spiritual levels that it speaks to us on.

Example; when the Pharisees questioned the lord about the law regarding divorce, Matthew 19 he quoted the law all right but went on further to draw the comparison about adultery after divorce. While elsewhere Matt 5; 28 he plainly states that a person can commit adultery just by looking at another woman. To me that points out the hypocracy of the Pharisees trying to enforce a law that they cannot obey. I sure what i just wrote will start an argument here among people who think like pharisees, i feel sorry for them.
You should have written this thread for you have put into words best what I am trying to convey. All blessings in Jesus...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I think we should recall the teaching that tells us we will know those who are in Christ by their fruits. When they exhibit they are devoid of the peace of Christ are they Christ holy spirit filled? Can you imagine reading a passage where Jesus is speaking as that one you're reading writes?
It would be a blessing indeed if every Christian forum we chose to join were populated with but two kinds of people. Those who are truly in Christ. And those who have an open heart and seek to learn of Christ and what it is like to be in that community.

But that isn't the world. So it cannot be so on the World Wide Web. That is why there was inspired by God, as I see it anyway, a frame that can be put around that which is hate filled adversarial other. "POE". When we recognize them by their fruits we may come to realize no manner of our peace will ever reach through their rage. They hate us because we're blessed. Ignore it because if it can chink our peace to let us to rise at all in response to its wicked baiting it will feel it has stolen one from God.

God calls whom he will to his Son. No one comes to the Father but through the Father (Son). Narrow is the way.
Jesus spoke in parables very often in delivering the truth of God in Christ. As he said, so that not all would understand. Think how many communities you , I, other sisters and brothers here are members of. Think how many rage filled people we encounter. Not those who are fellow members of the Ekklesia who flare from time to time, as Jesus did show his own temper against the money changers. But those who no matter what is discussed are more apt to deliver venom than peace. And who become highly offensive when proven wrong in their trying to explain scripture that doesn't actually breathe to them. A different spirit they are than one of us who are just learning how to breathe the word.

Those one's that are so rage filled , rude, personally attack at any opportunity, are those whom Jesus spoke about when he said his sermons were masked as parables. And those were very often taken from what his fellow Jews recalled from teachings in the temple and what we call the old testament and the parables found there.

Jesus never said to suffer the abuse of those who feed on responses from their efforts. Pray for them. But kick the dust from your feet and keep it moving when they show you it is not the true word they are paying you attention for.
Your post blesses my heart and soul......and to think I was a bit concerned in posting this theme.

Thank you for proving me wrong n that count. God bless you and hold yo close now and forever in Jesus (Father) Christ, amen.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Your post blesses my heart and soul......and to think I was a bit concerned in posting this theme.

Thank you for proving me wrong n that count. God bless you and hold yo close now and forever in Jesus (Father) Christ, amen.
Thank you. And may God keep and bless you and yours always. Amen.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

sometimes the questions are posed not because the answer is unknown, but in hopes to make the reader pause & reflect on the conclusions and how they are reached.