OCD Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 27, 2018
OCD Help - Any recommended person to talk to on the forum (Christian Professional)?

U

Ugly

OCD will require you to see a professional. In person.
In psychology/psychiatry they often prefer to give a personal determination and evaluation of your symptoms before advising on anything.
This helps them feel certain that it's the correct diagnosis, to know the degree you suffer and how it affects your life, if there are other mental factors at play, your home and social situations and your overall mindset and how you handle things.
Then they can make a determination on the kind of treatment required.
No professional would give you any serious help online. Not to mention the liability issues that could from practicing across state or country lines.

There's really little advice to be given on the subject outside of professional help, based on my experiences with it (an ex gf of mine had it).
Medication is often required and that only minimizes the symptoms but doesn't get rid of them, at least in most cases.
But OCD often pairs with anxiety and depression which would also need to be treated alongside the OCD.

Aug 25, 2018
Hey!
I also have OCD, among other things, and I understand how flustering it can be. I'm not a pro, but I just wanted to offer some support if you need it!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
It’s good of you reach out here, friend. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I have OCD, I had to get medication. :/ Honestly the best thing to do I always say is get sleep, eat well, work out, take your meds. And obviously, PRAY.