OCD Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 14, 2017
Over the past days I've been pretty sick with a cold. Is been hard for me to sleep lately, but last night was really bad. I went to bed around 10:00 and couldn't sleep until 12:00, and in those 2 hours I was bombarded with more bad thoughts. Thoughts saying that "I follow Satan" which I don't, and "Satan is my lord" which he definitely isn't. Still I'm very scared. I've just been thinking all day that I'm going to hell now. I've prayed to God several times this morning saying I would never leave him, but I just feel very scared.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Over the past days I've been pretty sick with a cold. Is been hard for me to sleep lately, but last night was really bad. I went to bed around 10:00 and couldn't sleep until 12:00, and in those 2 hours I was bombarded with more bad thoughts. Thoughts saying that "I follow Satan" which I don't, and "Satan is my lord" which he definitely isn't. Still I'm very scared. I've just been thinking all day that I'm going to hell now. I've prayed to God several times this morning saying I would never leave him, but I just feel very scared.
God promised that He would neither leave you or forsake you. If you have confessed your sins to the Lord in with a contrite heart and asked the Holy Spirit to live inside of you then your not going to hell. Please rest your mind on this.

U

Ugly

God is bigger than your OCD. He knows your heart, regardless of what things your OCD causes. Just keep reminding yourself if that.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Don't worry about these thoughts; they are clearly not from your heart. I know one time when I was asking God to save me a bunch I would have a thought such as sell my soul to the devil and I felt like I had to pray it again, but I didn't have to pray it again. There have been times that I would have thoughts that cursed God but God knows my heart and knows it is not coming from me. The more you fear these thoughts and try to get rid of them, the more frequent they would be. I think Mark Freeman is pretty good about OCD. You can find him by typing in Mark Freeman OCD on YouTube. I don't think he is a believer but he has good things to say nonetheless. One of the things he suggests is to accept thoughts.