Official Programmers Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter greatkraw
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Okay try this: HTML file:

<body>

<div id="left">
lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text...
lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text...
lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text... lots of text...
</div>
<div id="center">
Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here
Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here
Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here
Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here
Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here Even more text here
</div>
<div id="right">
Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-)
Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-)
Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-)
Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-) Nothing at all :-)
</div>

</body>
 
With this in css



div#left
{
float:left;
background-color: Olive;
width: 250px;
}
div#center
{
float:left;
width: 750px;
}
div#right
{
float:right;
background-color: red;
width: 350px;
}
 
*scream* I can't incorporate it into my site!

oh well, will have to start from scratch later, but need a break from thinking first :p
 
No, I meant it as an example. Just put in in new files and test to see how it works.

Basicly, its this:

First the div you want to float left (you put those in the end of the file, wich is not correct, hence it doesn't work)

<div id="whatever on the left"></div>

In css, give this div a float=left. Give it a fixed width. Put any contents inside the div, and it stays within it.

Voila, a nice sidebar :)
 
lol, the more I "fix" the more messy it gets :p

now I have a sidebar, a gap and images floating partially over the sidebar :p
 
If you tell me what div needs to come where exactly, I'll help you. Make sure you name them, so that I understand what you want.
 
1 = padding
2 = margin

The black rectangle is the border of a div.

Quite easy huh? :p
 

Attachments

  • html.jpg
    html.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 12
hehe :) okai, it was just that my margins looked like they caused the gaps before you fixed the css, not sure how it happened

and nox I can´t experiment since my internet is down and my USB stick is gone :p
 
My last usb stick died in the washing machine. I forgot to take it out of my pocket :p
 
hahahahhaha! so far I haven't killed anything by washing it, I just loose stuff
 
:p

I guess I should get myself a new one soon
you wouldn't happen to sellt those too? :p
 
too bad, it would have been kinda easier to send by mail than a stove ..
 
Haha, true :D

If you really want, I can get a stove up there. It just costs a little bit more :p
 
:p

Even if I could afford that I have no room for one :p you have any that levitate? :p