Official Randomness Thread

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I think I remember dreaming about sweets, but I"m not sure.
 
Do you guys ever have a sense of touch in your dream? Like, if you were to get punched in the arm (or even get pinched by your fingers), would you be able to feel it, at least somewhat? <-- Not weird at all...
 
Nope Kyouken. The feelings I do feel in a dream always end up being the tingly feeling of having slept on my limbs. I've fallen on my face/neck in my dream & it was scary not feeling anything I remember thinking that.

I dreamed I was drowning underwater & trying to swim up up fading to black... I reached the surface & woke up taking deep breaths, I was suffocating under my sheets.
 
Do you guys ever have a sense of touch in your dream? Like, if you were to get punched in the arm (or even get pinched by your fingers), would you be able to feel it, at least somewhat? <-- Not weird at all...


I have had several dreams where I could feel pain. I once got shot repeatedly, that sure wasn't fun. I could still feel the pain after I woke up.
 
Hey, I've gotten shot too! Not that it's a good thing or anything...
Though, the only thing I felt in the dream was heat. Wherever I was shot felt very hot.

MrHonest, does that mean your dreams are real?
 
My dreams aren't real but I do realise quite often that I'm dreaming. Usually I realise it when abnormal things occur: change in perspectives, time speeds, abrupt changes, my house is half of what it should be, scary things that shouldn't exist.
 
:O
Does that mean you can control the outcome of your dreams!?
Or does it fall apart because you realize that you're dreaming?
 
When I realise I'm dreaming I just go along with it wondering what will happen but I'll try to turn my head sometimes and I cannot control my dream as it occurs almost like I'm thinking these things and I have no control but I just realise its a dream. Unless its a scary dream then I wake myself up.
 
I had a boring dream last night I was way back in elementary school but my coworkers were my classmates... -.-
 
I've been able to taste food and actually feel sensations in my dreams. I don't remember ever feeling pain even thugh I got shot once. I dreamed I go a massage and I could actually feel it.
 
I think thats means to sleep upside down with your clothes inside out
 
In tht case, no. I always sleep normal with my clothes normal. But I have dreamed that I was naked or scantily clad.
 
Well no I was wrong hypnogogia is the state before you're asleep but not awake & Hypnopompic is the opposite. Anyway what I meant to ask was if anyone's experienced "sensory phenomena"(it happens when you're really tired)? examples:

Sights: You see things that aren't there. (I used to get this dozing off at work the shadows moved)

Tetris Effect: You envision (quite clearly) you're doing work/repetetive activity & sometimes move your body thusly.(Done this too.)

Sounds:You clearly hear sounds but theres no sounds. (I get this one A LOT)

Sleep paralysis ... scary. never want to experience.
Other sensations:flashes, jolts, etc.
 
I'm buying a ticket to Texas on Sunday :) :) :)

Have you ever been to Texas before?
I thought it was nice when I went.

"Tetris Effect: You envision (quite clearly) you're doing work/repetetive activity & sometimes move your body thusly.(Done this too.)"

Sounds fun but maybe annoying too.