OH NO!! Not another Halloween debate!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I also live in Aus and Halloween hasn't taken off here at least in the west but this year the stores are flooded with it's merchandise. They are really pushing it and it has really been selling well. I really wish they would stop.
Things might different out here in the east. People are starting to decorate their houses and trick or treating. Not to mention the shops flooded with Halloween theme everywhere.

RemnantRD

Jun 7, 2020
That is what my kids did, there wasn't a thought of demons in any of our minds. It meant candy and dress up, only and a witches costume was only a costume that had nothing to do with demons.

The Lord tells us not to copy the pagans. The Lord used what we do physically to explain the spiritual. Until the Holy Spirit was given to all, the Lord used physical circumcision to explain belonging to the Lord and keeping ourselves separate. Could it possibly be that the Lord looks at Halloween as copying pagans, or as we look at it, as an innocent pleasure for the children?
Ultimately for Christians, what truly matters is what the Lord thinks about something and not what we feel is right and wrong in our own minds. We can be thinking of Jesus when we do something the Lord hates, but that doesn't change the underlying issue of the problems within the celebration itself. Seek what is pleasing to the Lord yes?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ultimately for Christians, what truly matters is what the Lord thinks about something and not what we feel is right and wrong in our own minds. We can be thinking of Jesus when we do something the Lord hates, but that doesn't change the underlying issue of the problems within the celebration itself. Seek what is pleasing to the Lord yes?
Going trick or treating with your kids on Halloween is certainly not a salvation issue. The whole object is to enjoy dressing up and going out with your little orange pumpkin for the candy. This is not really a serious spiritual issue at all. In my opinion spending time with your children in a fun activity is probably pleasing to the Lord. It's not about a celebration but rather about scoring candy.

Kiyoki

Sep 2, 2020
I might dress up as John the Baptist and cry "repent repent for the kingdom of God is at hand" lol

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
and
Easter peeps......though I have heard there were no peeps this year.
YES!
They may have sold out in your area. They were sold here.
There are even marshmallow chocolate pudding stuffers Peeps. That is so wrong. What you can't find in stores can be found on Amazon.

Or, you can always make your own. That is so dangerous. ;)
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW PEEPS Recipe

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
No debate. Halloween is a celebration of all things evil and ungodly. Its of the devil, anyone who disagrees lacks ANY spiritual discernment. I'd reckon most people of the world would say its not for a Christian.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
May 31, 2020
In America, Halloween is more celebrated than Easter, and it saddens me.

May 31, 2020

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Not sure I would be using Rom 14 to defend this. Well context.. you know the truth you are not weak in the faith. You made your case already. This has nothing what so ever to do with God. We did notice that if we listen what do we hear? Thats right nothing. He will never go against our will. We all have the right to judge. Its how we do it.. is it in love to help.. or if not He will judge us the same way. So there are those among us that do in fact have the right.

We also noticed we can do anything we want yes? Did GOD come down or do something to stop us? Nope. We show in our lifes who is lord. I know what happens if I take part in things that are not of God .. things that bring no glory what so every to my Father. I will share the reward of that. Ask Him if we truly want to know. He is in us.. He is lord of our lifes right? Ever pray seek Him and ask what He wants in your life? See no matter what you do.. He will never leave you will not condemn you. Your love for Him must come from your heart. He will not punish you. What He asks is not so you don't have fun..its these things put walls and opens doors to the enemy that you me freely opened and He can not close. He just wants you close..so close and never lets you go. Satan does not play games..Everything is to kill steal and destroy us.

‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ Again its a choice. Me. not Godly I think I sin more the most...but something in me wants nothing more then to please Him in ALL things. That means.. I don't like to do anything where my Father is not in it. I wonder if some will love being in Heaven. For everything in creation praises Him.. gives Him all the glory.. its ALL about Him.

Heres just one 2019 "Halloween is the deadliest day of the year for child pedestrians"

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Our church had people set up shelter and coffee urns at the ends of their driveways. Parents would get to meet their neighbours and have a cup of coffee to keep warm as they walked with their kids. People really appreciated this. It was a great way to show love for our neighbours and leave a good impression. It wasn't about handing out tracts, rather it was about making a connection. As the warmer weather rolled around, people would stop and chat and friendships had a chance to form.
One of my favourite sayings is, "Don't worry about witnessing. Worry about what the world is already witnessing." Love on people.

Kiyoki

Sep 2, 2020
Eph 5:1 said that we need to imitate God, so who do we imitate on halloween? Just saying...

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Sorry pussycat, but those financial statistics prove nothing. I’m open to being corrected but thus far that hasn’t been the case.
Sure those stats did just that. Now the onus is again on you to prove your contention about Halloween.