Ohio Woman Tased for Not Wearing Mask

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
There you go getting personal... didn't you make some comment on the Not by Works thread about this.

The virus is far from contained and perhaps next time you could cite your sources hopefully it is not a newspaper but an actual data based scientific journal.
well, i guess it's a thing of i used to like and respect you a lot, even though we disagreed on some theology in spots.

but, all that is gone after the way you have been so unreasonable about this virus,

parroting mainstream media and denying the mark of the beast system that is standing at the front door, waiting to come in, are just disappointing behavior.

and, the site that i use is worldometers . net. tracks every country in the world.

so, go ahead and throw garbage on that, like you do everything except your little sources.

L

lenna

this thread has gone all Jerry Springer LOL!

E

EleventhHour

well, i guess it's a thing of i used to like and respect you a lot, even though we disagreed on some theology in spots.

but, all that is gone after the way you have been so unreasonable about this virus,

parroting mainstream media and denying the mark of the beast system that is standing at the front door, waiting to come in, are just disappointing behavior.

and, the site that i use is worldometers . net. tracks every country in the world.

so, go ahead and throw garbage on that, like you do everything except your little sources.
I have no idea how I can parrot mainstream media when I pay no attention to any news channel.
I view all those tracking sites as well... you seem very emotional by your language?

I am not American we do not have a profit motivated health care system... I have a few family members that are physicians in the USA so understand how money corrupts the system yet not all physicians are corrupt.

And I did not know we were talking about eschatology. :unsure:

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Apparently LifeSite news the Catholic News Forum lacks integrity since they cannot quote the law accurately..... I find that appalling actually.

(d) to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing, if —

(i) the removal of the thing is reasonably necessary to enable a medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out; and

(ii) the relevant person is given a reasonable opportunity to remove the thing himself or herself, and refuses or fails to do so.

This is not about vaccinations but dealing most likely with people who have mental health issues and are posing a threat to themselves or others and need to be sedated.
It is yourself that has quoted the law incorrectly... Page 101 of the WA public health act states...

158. Enforcement of requirement to undergo medical observation, medical examination
(1) If an authorised officer gives a direction to a person under section 157(1)(j) to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated, an authorised officer or police officer may use reasonable force to ensure that the direction is complied with, including, if necessary —
(a) to apprehend and detain the person to whom the direction applies (the relevant person) and take the relevant person to a place where the person is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or
to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and
(b) to detain the relevant person at the place where he or she is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or
to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and
(c) to restrain the relevant person —
(i) to enable a medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out; or
(ii) to enable the relevant person
to be vaccinated; and
(d) to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing, if —
(i) the removal of the thing is reasonably necessary to enable a medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out or, as the case requires, to enable the person
to be vaccinated; and
(ii) the relevant person is given a reasonable opportunity to remove the thing himself or herself, and refuses or fails to do so.

So... It is very clear that this law is all about forcing vaccines onto people...

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
People still calling the officer a "security guard", people still thinking there weren't any mask-wearing policy for athletic sporting events on school property, people still thinking she was tasered and arrested for not wearing a mask...

I can only provide you the sources which debunk those myths, I can't make you read it or understand it for you.

Thankfully, Gov. Mike Dewine has come out and asked people to respect law enforcement enforcing health policy and asking that people look to what lead up to the woman getting tazed before passing judgment. Sounds like a pretty reasonable and rational gov.
What are you using to arrive at that opinion as to what is rational?

Let's look at that. A duly elected Governor of the state of Ohio says people should look to what led up to a woman being electrocuted before passing judgment!
Tasers use electric voltage to inflict compliance.

Firstly, there's nothing anyone can do to overcome the mindset of absolute compliance to any who presume to profile themselves as some form of authority.
Those people are the first to be targeted in any revolution because they simply can't be trusted.

The assailant in this case was a school resource officer who violated the Ohio law regarding exemption for asthmatics with regard to the mask mandate.

That's the whole point of this issue. When there was no violation on the victims part to begin with, nothing to garner the full attention of that officer when, after he addressed her for not wearing a mask and she told him she was asthmatic and exempt, he should have left her alone if he'd been aware of the law.
He chose to either ignore the law. Or was not aware of the law. Which still makes it his fault!

With no lawful reason to lay his hands on the woman, everything he did from the moment he did so is ILLEGAL!
Which means, he assaulted her repeatedly and with extreme use of force when he tasered her! When he handcuffed her, he had no right to do so! She WAS NOT TRESPASSING! Because she was legally allowed to go without a mask, and she was therefore within her rights to attend a public game on a tax payer funded property where she was breaking NO LAW!

As someone already observed, it is very unlikely this woman would have ever been approached had a man been with her.

That security guard, and I'm the one that called him that because he dishonored his office and it would have been perhaps less cordial to call him a low life thug using his 300+ pounds to assault a tiny woman.

I only wish someone would have intervened and knocked Chris Smith backside down the bleachers the moment he dropped his body weight upon her and pushed her down the bleacher seat, having no care he could have bowled over her mother who was standing behind her as this occurred.
As it stands currently, Chris Smith has been reassigned.

There's something seriously wrong when a cop breaks the law, commits aggravated assault against an unarmed woman, and the woman victim who did nothing wrong is blamed for suffering that cop's assault of her person. And also, when supporters of said cop act like the cop in that they ignore the law as written and side with the cop.

I think I know why that is.

Because it wasn't their mother, sister, daughter, or wife, being assaulted by Chris Smith!

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
You're not entitled to anyone's property. The property owner makes the rules. Comply or leave.
She was told to leave, refused to leave. At that point she was criminally trespassing
You need to learn about public schools and what their property is.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
By the way, school district policy cannot supersede state law. Someone exempt from wearing a mask due to breathing issues like asthma, if anyone knows what that is and how it impacts the patient, by state law cannot be forced to put themselves at risk by school policy. Public, tax payer funded schools rules do not supersede state law.

Tasing Moms Who Refuse Masks Does Not Make the World a Healthier Place
Once a desire—or even a good idea—is turned into a mandate enforceable by the cops, violence is only one disagreement away.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Admittedly, Kitts wasn't officially arrested for her mask-resistance; that was just the starting point. "It is important to note, the female was not arrested for failing to wear a mask, she was asked to leave the premises for continually violating school policy," huffs the Logan Police Department. "Once she refused to leave the premises, she was advised she was under arrest for criminal trespassing, she resisted the arrest, which led to the use of force."

But that's always the case. Selling loose cigarettes, or hanging out, or a faulty brake light easily turns into a grab-bag of charges, usually including "resisting arrest." Then we're supposed to believe that the subsequent wrestling, beating, tasing, or shooting are perfectly justified, even though it all started with some minor violation.

"Undoubtedly, lawmakers have put too many crimes and civil violations on the books that can lead to police-initiated contact, a phenomenon broadly captured by the term overcriminalization," Jonathan Blanks points out in a recent piece for Reason. "But every day, police officers routinely use personal and institutional discretion to ignore countless violations that range from jaywalking to not using a turn signal to public consumption of drugs and alcohol. Thus, the determination of how often and under what circumstances to make traffic or pedestrian stops is ultimately one of policy, not one of law."

Once a desire—or even a good idea—is turned into a mandate enforceable by the cops, violence is only one disagreement away.

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020
And there are heaps more of that kind of stuff happening daily over here

The state of Victoria in Australia is enduring the longest and strictest lock down's on earth with some of the lowest covid cases on earth...
Curfew from 9pm to 6am...
Can't travel more than 5km from home...
Can't visit anyone or have any visitors...
5k fines for people trying to escape greater Melbourne
A " ring of steel" resembles the "iron curtain". No one can come in or out...
Its a crime now to speak out against the government...

There is heaps more and none of it will get lifted unless we reach 2 weeks of 5 daily cases or less... Impossible... We're basically stuck here until these poison needles come out...

And now their trying to pass in two extraordinary bills...
1/ To detain someone indefinitely if they are suspected of breaking a law in the future... Thought crime
2/ To give authorities the power to pull down your underwear in order to vaccinate u...

What's happening here is really insane... It's too late for us but pray that your area doesn't become like this here
Is it ever too late to pray? Your country rules are more strict than ours. Your rules are eerily close to those of Germany and their early 20th century history.
This pandemic security protocol is world wide though different in every nation. Could this be an exercise also to introduce that one world order spoken of over the years?

Infinite_Ark

Sep 19, 2020
Admittedly, Kitts wasn't officially arrested for her mask-resistance; that was just the starting point. "It is important to note, the female was not arrested for failing to wear a mask, she was asked to leave the premises for continually violating school policy," huffs the Logan Police Department. "Once she refused to leave the premises, she was advised she was under arrest for criminal trespassing, she resisted the arrest, which led to the use of force."

But that's always the case. Selling loose cigarettes, or hanging out, or a faulty brake light easily turns into a grab-bag of charges, usually including "resisting arrest." Then we're supposed to believe that the subsequent wrestling, beating, tasing, or shooting are perfectly justified, even though it all started with some minor violation.

"Undoubtedly, lawmakers have put too many crimes and civil violations on the books that can lead to police-initiated contact, a phenomenon broadly captured by the term overcriminalization," Jonathan Blanks points out in a recent piece for Reason. "But every day, police officers routinely use personal and institutional discretion to ignore countless violations that range from jaywalking to not using a turn signal to public consumption of drugs and alcohol. Thus, the determination of how often and under what circumstances to make traffic or pedestrian stops is ultimately one of policy, not one of law."
Does history show that extremists will avail themselves of any opportunity under color of authority?
The prior article had her attorney stating she committed no crime including that of criminal trespass.
As I understand it she was charged with that and released the same day. If this goes to the courts should she be found guilty it can result as a jailable offense and with hefty fine. I hope that doesn't happen.

Your other point about the apathy of people surrounding this event. Even here people are less inclined to intercede if they witness violence occur by someone in authority. They will shout objections and record on their phone but they don't ever interfere even when a battery is occurring before their eyes.
It isn't just the uniforms that get away with such things. It can be the radicals that show off in the streets. Courage appears to be waning in more than one place.
It is never too late to pray.

L

lenna

Is it ever too late to pray?
18 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, Luke 18:1 (and the parables follow)

pray without ceasing;
1 Thessalonians 5:17

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,
Ephesians 6:18

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Does history show that extremists will avail themselves of any opportunity under color of authority?
The prior article had her attorney stating she committed no crime including that of criminal trespass.
As I understand it she was charged with that and released the same day. If this goes to the courts should she be found guilty it can result as a jailable offense and with hefty fine. I hope that doesn't happen.

Your other point about the apathy of people surrounding this event. Even here people are less inclined to intercede if they witness violence occur by someone in authority. They will shout objections and record on their phone but they don't ever interfere even when a battery is occurring before their eyes.
It isn't just the uniforms that get away with such things. It can be the radicals that show off in the streets. Courage appears to be waning in more than one place.
It is never too late to pray.
Agreed. It is never too late to pray. Though there are pagan traditions that can say that it is so.

Luke 8 and the tale of Jarius and his daughter teaches us that for the Christian it is never too late to pray.

40 Now when Jesus returned,[en] the crowd welcomed him, because they were all waiting for him. 41 Then[eo] a man named Jairus, who was a leader[ep] of the synagogue,[eq] came up. Falling[er] at Jesus’ feet, he pleaded[es] with him to come to his house, 42 because he had an only daughter, about twelve years old, and she was dying.[et]
As Jesus was on his way, the crowds pressed[eu] around him. 43 Now[ev] a woman was there who had been suffering from a hemorrhage[ew] for twelve years[ex] but could not be healed by anyone. 44 She[ey] came up behind Jesus[ez] and touched the edge[fa] of his cloak,[fb] and at once the bleeding[fc] stopped. 45 Then[fd] Jesus asked,[fe] “Who was it who touched me?” When they all denied it, Peter[ff] said, “Master, the crowds are surrounding you and pressing[fg] against you!” 46 But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I know that power has gone out[fh] from me.” 47 When[fi] the woman saw that she could not escape notice,[fj] she came trembling and fell down before him. In[fk] the presence of all the people, she explained why[fl] she had touched him and how she had been immediately healed. 48 Then[fm] he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.[fn] Go in peace.”
49 While he was still speaking, someone from the synagogue leader’s[fo] house came and said, “Your daughter is dead; do not trouble the teacher any longer.” 50 But when Jesus heard this, he told[fp] him, “Do not be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.”[fq] 51
Now when he came to the house, Jesus[fr] did not let anyone go in with him except Peter, John,[fs] and James, and the child’s father and mother. 52 Now they were all[ft] wailing and mourning[fu] for her, but he said, “Stop your weeping; she is not dead but asleep!” 53 And they began making fun[fv] of him, because they knew[fw] that she was dead.[fx] 54 But Jesus[fy] gently took her by the hand and said,[fz] “Child, get up.” 55 Her[ga] spirit returned,[gb] and she got up immediately. Then[gc] he told them to give her something to eat. 56 Her[gd] parents were astonished, but he ordered them to tell no one[ge] what had happened.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Is it ever too late to pray? Your country rules are more strict than ours. Your rules are eerily close to those of Germany and their early 20th century history.
This pandemic security protocol is world wide though different in every nation. Could this be an exercise also to introduce that one world order spoken of over the years?
Its never too late to pray but do i pray that God changes the direction in which the world is heading?
I kind of feel rude asking God to stop and change the course of the world just because i think so...
So i pray that God gives me and my loved ones the strength to persevere and carry the cross through these worrying times

I think there is more to all this than just covid... The world is going through a massive change for the worse.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Agreed. It is never too late to pray. Though there are pagan traditions that can say that it is so.

Luke 8 and the tale of Jarius and his daughter teaches us that for the Christian it is never too late to pray.

40 Now when Jesus returned,[en] the crowd welcomed him, because they were all waiting for him. 41 Then[eo] a man named Jairus, who was a leader[ep] of the synagogue,[eq] came up. Falling[er] at Jesus’ feet, he pleaded[es] with him to come to his house, 42 because he had an only daughter, about twelve years old, and she was dying.[et]
As Jesus was on his way, the crowds pressed[eu] around him. 43 Now[ev] a woman was there who had been suffering from a hemorrhage[ew] for twelve years[ex] but could not be healed by anyone. 44 She[ey] came up behind Jesus[ez] and touched the edge[fa] of his cloak,[fb] and at once the bleeding[fc] stopped. 45 Then[fd] Jesus asked,[fe] “Who was it who touched me?” When they all denied it, Peter[ff] said, “Master, the crowds are surrounding you and pressing[fg] against you!” 46 But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I know that power has gone out[fh] from me.” 47 When[fi] the woman saw that she could not escape notice,[fj] she came trembling and fell down before him. In[fk] the presence of all the people, she explained why[fl] she had touched him and how she had been immediately healed. 48 Then[fm] he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.[fn] Go in peace.”
49 While he was still speaking, someone from the synagogue leader’s[fo] house came and said, “Your daughter is dead; do not trouble the teacher any longer.” 50 But when Jesus heard this, he told[fp] him, “Do not be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.”[fq] 51
Now when he came to the house, Jesus[fr] did not let anyone go in with him except Peter, John,[fs] and James, and the child’s father and mother. 52 Now they were all[ft] wailing and mourning[fu] for her, but he said, “Stop your weeping; she is not dead but asleep!” 53 And they began making fun[fv] of him, because they knew[fw] that she was dead.[fx] 54 But Jesus[fy] gently took her by the hand and said,[fz] “Child, get up.” 55 Her[ga] spirit returned,[gb] and she got up immediately. Then[gc] he told them to give her something to eat. 56 Her[gd] parents were astonished, but he ordered them to tell no one[ge] what had happened.
Interesting how many more footnotes there are in this version, New English Translation, NET

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Interesting how many more footnotes there are in this version, New English Translation, NET
Fascinating isn't it?
The NET Bible (New English Translation) is a completely new translation of the Bible with 60,932 translators’ notes! It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. Turn the pages and see the breadth of the translators’ notes, documenting their decisions and choices as they worked.
The translators’ notes make the original languages far more accessible, allowing you to look over the translator’s shoulder at the very process of translation. This level of documentation is a first for a Bible translation, making transparent the textual basis and the rationale for key renderings (including major interpretive options and alternative translations).
This unparalleled level of detail helps connect people to the Bible in the original languages in a way never before possible without years of study of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. It unlocks the riches of the Bible’s truth from entirely new perspectives.

Read Preface

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Its never too late to pray but do i pray that God changes the direction in which the world is heading?
I kind of feel rude asking God to stop and change the course of the world just because i think so...
So i pray that God gives me and my loved ones the strength to persevere and carry the cross through these worrying times

I think there is more to all this than just covid... The world is going through a massive change for the worse.
By that note don't you think we could say the same thing if we pray for ourselves when going through stuff? Or for a loved one?
If it is all God's plan why pray at all if everything that happens is his work? I think that can go along with the predestination discussion. God, for his own reasons unknown to us, finds people worthy, for lack of a better word and because he conversely finds the sinners he hasn't elected to save unworthy of being predestined as his elected ones to Salvation.
That too is God's doing, all God in fact. Can there then be an argument that poses prayer is actually begging God to change the current coarse he's put us on due to his predestination of all lives and because we can't handle it?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Fascinating isn't it?
The NET Bible (New English Translation) is a completely new translation of the Bible with 60,932 translators’ notes! It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. Turn the pages and see the breadth of the translators’ notes, documenting their decisions and choices as they worked.
The translators’ notes make the original languages far more accessible, allowing you to look over the translator’s shoulder at the very process of translation. This level of documentation is a first for a Bible translation, making transparent the textual basis and the rationale for key renderings (including major interpretive options and alternative translations).
This unparalleled level of detail helps connect people to the Bible in the original languages in a way never before possible without years of study of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. It unlocks the riches of the Bible’s truth from entirely new perspectives.

Read Preface
Thats awesome... I never heard of the NET... I often like to cross check passages with different versions as you can get different perspectives and insights... I will be sure to keep this one in mind... Its almost like a study bible with all that information there...
Its an excellent new source for me... Thanks for that...

By that note don't you think we could say the same thing if we pray for ourselves when going through stuff? Or for a loved one?
If it is all God's plan why pray at all if everything that happens is his work? I think that can go along with the predestination discussion. God, for his own reasons unknown to us, finds people worthy, for lack of a better word and because he conversely finds the sinners he hasn't elected to save unworthy of being predestined as his elected ones to Salvation.
Im not saying that its not worth praying just to be clear...
I believe we should pray for the Holy Spirit to guide us and for God to give us strength to endure our pain and suffering...
To be like Job and stand firm in faith...
I also believe in praying for my salvation and that of my loved ones... Cos i don't claim to be 100% certain on what saves and what doesn't...

Its definitely a topic within the predestination field which i have always found difficult to comprehend...

That too is God's doing, all God in fact. Can there then be an argument that poses prayer is actually begging God to change the current coarse he's put us on due to his predestination of all lives and because we can't handle it?
Well you could put it like that, yes... I could be wrong, in fact im sure there will be people who are certain that their prayer changed the outcome of something... But how would you even know? There is only one future, not others to compare it to...

Im reminded of Pauls thorn in his flesh as i have one of my own... We sincerely asked God to remove it...
"My grace is sufficient" is what Paul got... I got a similar answer "its the cross i must carry"...

Pain, suffering, anguish... Why... I don't know... I don't think anyone truly does know...
One thing is for sure is that we will all encounter it in life...

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Thats awesome... I never heard of the NET... I often like to cross check passages with different versions as you can get different perspectives and insights... I will be sure to keep this one in mind... Its almost like a study bible with all that information there...
Its an excellent new source for me... Thanks for that...
You're most welcome.

Im not saying that its not worth praying just to be clear...
I believe we should pray for the Holy Spirit to guide us and for God to give us strength to endure our pain and suffering...
To be like Job and stand firm in faith...
I also believe in praying for my salvation and that of my loved ones... Cos i don't claim to be 100% certain on what saves and what doesn't...

Its definitely a topic within the predestination field which i have always found difficult to comprehend...

Well you could put it like that, yes... I could be wrong, in fact im sure there will be people who are certain that their prayer changed the outcome of something... But how would you even know? There is only one future, not others to compare it to...

Im reminded of Pauls thorn in his flesh as i have one of my own... We sincerely asked God to remove it...
"My grace is sufficient" is what Paul got... I got a similar answer "its the cross i must carry"...

Pain, suffering, anguish... Why... I don't know... I don't think anyone truly does know...
One thing is for sure is that we will all encounter it in life...
Good points. I think the Christian will live their entire life finding new questions and seeking understanding as to what it means to be in God's will. One thing for sure, we're never bored. ;)