The gold standard was done away with in 1973 in the US. The US dollar has been a fiat currency since then, and I doubt that will change any time soon. But as far oil goes as a trading standard on a global market, who knows? On some levels I think it already is.Do you believe that the oil standard will replace the gold standard?
Silver may not bring the highest return, but out of the 4 commodities metals (gold, silver, platinum, palladium), silver is the most stable I think. If I had the $ I think I would invest in vintage guitars first, silver second.I'm actually one of those people that believes in buying silver... Probably silly but I do think at a later time it will bring the highest return and cheaper than gold for now.
Do you believe that the oil standard will replace the gold standard?
Silver may not bring the highest return, but out of the 4 commodities metals (gold, silver, platinum, palladium), silver is the most stable I think. If I had the $ I think I would invest in vintage guitars first, silver second.
buzzz, wrong. It's not the value of precious metal going up it's the value of money going down.Only one problem with your plan, if the economy tanks silver will still have value (typically silver and gold values climb in a bad economy) but your vintage guitars will drop in real value because in a bad economy people aren't looking to buy that sort of thing.
That's fine, I'll still have cool guitars to play!Only one problem with your plan, if the economy tanks silver will still have value (typically silver and gold values climb in a bad economy) but your vintage guitars will drop in real value because in a bad economy people aren't looking to buy that sort of thing.