Okay,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
For one, Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me. " Okay. I believe I suppose in having friendships. We should be willing, right, to have Christian friends? Now perhaps I have some... And perhaps I'm not supposed to go looking for any along with all the other things I'm not supposed to look for. I am supposed to say I am honest... But not only me. Along with others, I am redeemed, saved, reconciled, sanctified, faithful, believing, confident. Now maybe we shouldn't say that type of stuff on here, because that would reveal death and what one death was for. Along with others, I have read so much of the Bible, maybe missing a book or two on the way. Along with others, I have recorded songs, some songs being on YouTube in which I play guitar and sing, I have sang and played guitar on stage for an audience and just in the presence of others, I have painted and sold the paintings, had cooking jobs, concierge jobs, landscaping jobs, factory work, building rehab work, spoke with old, middle aged, young, very young, etc., took care of babies, went to school until graduation, attended college partied at birthday parties and wedding receptions.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
Now... Say something

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am redeemed, saved, reconciled, sanctified, faithful, believing, confident. Now maybe we shouldn't say that type of stuff on here, because that would reveal death and what one death was for.
It's all about Jesus, and His everlasting undying love for us. There is absolutely no reason why you cannot or should not speak of those things here. :)

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Ok this is getting kinda weird..........

Someone got popcorn around here??

:D

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
The saved. They receive the Holy Ghost, no? Impossible to receive first without Jesus' glorification?

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
And, it would seem Jesus has been glorified, since the Holy Ghost was received after Jesus' resurrection and ascension. The Holy Spirit was received on Pentecost. Paul the apostle admits to preaching the resurrection.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
And, it would seem Jesus has been glorified, since the Holy Ghost was received after Jesus' resurrection and ascension. The Holy Spirit was received on Pentecost. Paul the apostle admits to preaching the resurrection.
Ok not sure how disciplined and focussed you are on this.
I am Pentecostal and rejoice daily in my walk in the Spirit.
Not complicated. Baptism of water and the Spirit and then
the sign to confirm this - praying in tongues.

It all begins here: Acts 2:38

Nick

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ok not sure how disciplined and focussed you are on this.
I am Pentecostal and rejoice daily in my walk in the Spirit.
Not complicated. Baptism of water and the Spirit and then
the sign to confirm this - praying in tongues.

It all begins here: Acts 2:38

Nick
Not all receive tongues. 1 Cor:12

Brothers and sisters, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. [SUP]2 [/SUP]You know that at one time you were unbelievers. You were somehow drawn away to worship statues of gods that couldn’t even speak. [SUP]3 [/SUP]So I want you to know that no one who is speaking with the help of God’s Spirit says, “May Jesus be cursed.” And without the help of the Holy Spirit no one can say, “Jesus is Lord.”

[SUP]4 [/SUP]There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. [SUP]5 [/SUP]There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. [SUP]6 [/SUP]There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. [SUP]8 [/SUP]To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. [SUP]9 [/SUP]To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. [SUP]10 [/SUP]To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. [SUP]11 [/SUP]All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Magenta, Magenta you should know better than this.

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall
they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:17
SIGNS G4592 σημεῖον sēmeion
Neuter of a presumed derivative of the base of G4591;
an indication,

especially ceremonially or supernaturally: -
miracle, sign, token, wonder.

1Corinthians 12:4
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
GIFTS G5486 χάρισμα charisma
From G5483; a (divine) gratuity, that is, deliverance (from danger);
a (spiritual) endowment, that is, (subjectively) religious qualification,
or (objectively) miraculous faculty: - (free) gift.

Jesus said certain specific signs would follow disciples who
believed and embraced the gospel preached.

In the Spirit-filled church there are nine gifts (different all
together) and the gift most quibbled over is NOT the gift of
tongues but rather it is the gift of "diversity of tongues" to
be followed by interpretation.

Why is diversities of tongues a gift distinct to the sign that
Jesus refers to in Mark 16 ??
One is a daily prayer language allowing a true worshipper
to worship in Spirit and in truth -
the other is another tongue spoken by a person in addition
to their prayer language tongue.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh: and that which is
born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Wonder not that I said to thee: You must be born again.
8 The Spirit breatheth where he will and thou hearest his voice:
but thou knowest not whence he cometh and whither he goeth.
So is every one that is born of the Spirit.
John 3: DRB

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
Receiving the Holy Ghost began on the day of Pentecost. After that they started speaking in unknown tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. People of all different languages could understand those that first received the Spirit, although the people who had not received the Spirit could not understand each other whilst hearing the first recipients speak. Correct? Now, John the Baptist was filled with the Spirit before the death and resurrection of Christ and before Pentecost... And so were others. However, the Spirit could still not be received until Jesus' glorification... Or something.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
37 And on the last, and great day of the festivity, Jesus stood
and cried, saying: If any man thirst, let him come to me and drink.
38 He that believeth in me, as the scripture says: Out of his belly
shall flow rivers of living water.
39 Now this he said of the Spirit which they should receive who
believed in him:
for as yet the Spirit was not given,
because Jesus was not yet glorified.
John 7:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I
go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
John 16:7

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
As far as I know, it's believing the bible that gets you what you want... And then some.. Y'all.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
I mean... What was put on those pages is a communication... We're being told, through a book, what has truly been said and done, etc. Gotta read it to believe it, no? And then, when you hear about Jesus, from the bible and/or preacher, that's the only way you can believe in Jesus and call on Him. You cannot call on what you don't believe in. You cannot believe in whom you haven't heard about.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
Well what happened was somebody called what I said weird, as a joke or not. I talked about me and others. This is chatting. So the point of this people centric post, is for something maybe new to come to you... Perhaps you, Ricky, have an expectation. Well this manifestation either meets your expectation or not. And maybe it's good to have our expectations met. Now we're all supposed to immediately trust each other on here, or no. If no, trust slowly forms... And will not form if we don't regard humanity... As in, like I was told, a kid could get on here, etc. If we speak abusively on here, well, we might get banned or whatever for that reason. People will want something done about abusive language on here.

Uhhhhh

Sep 16, 2017
The point, perhaps of this thread is... Know people... Or to help you know people. Or remind you to know people. Perhaps it's an example of how to speak well to others whom you do not know yet, Ricky.

J

JB2018

Not all receive tongues. 1 Cor:12

Brothers and sisters, I want you to know about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. [SUP]2 [/SUP]You know that at one time you were unbelievers. You were somehow drawn away to worship statues of gods that couldn’t even speak. [SUP]3 [/SUP]So I want you to know that no one who is speaking with the help of God’s Spirit says, “May Jesus be cursed.” And without the help of the Holy Spirit no one can say, “Jesus is Lord.”

[SUP]4 [/SUP]There are different kinds of gifts. But they are all given to believers by the same Spirit. [SUP]5 [/SUP]There are different ways to serve. But they all come from the same Lord. [SUP]6 [/SUP]There are different ways the Spirit works. But the same God is working in all these ways and in all people.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]The Holy Spirit is given to each of us in a special way. That is for the good of all. [SUP]8 [/SUP]To some people the Spirit gives a message of wisdom. To others the same Spirit gives a message of knowledge. [SUP]9 [/SUP]To others the same Spirit gives faith. To others that one Spirit gives gifts of healing. [SUP]10 [/SUP]To others he gives the power to do miracles. To others he gives the ability to prophesy. To others he gives the ability to tell the spirits apart. To others he gives the ability to speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before. And to still others he gives the ability to explain what was said in those languages. [SUP]11 [/SUP]All the gifts are produced by one and the same Spirit. He gives gifts to each person, just as he decides.

Everyone who is baptized of the spirit will speak in tongues. Some speak right away while others do not. However, not all have the gift of speaking in tongues...