Old Granny’s thread

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That first one they actually would believe. The other one…I don’t think they have even heard of Normandy. 😁

Very true.
Most of the time they're like "OMG what did the Germans do?".
 
The biggest problem I have is when they use words I use but put a different meaning on them.
The realized this when my grandson told me to chill when it was 20 degrees outside,
 
That morning you get up and realize your cannot do what you have been doing anymore.
It happened to me two years ago and I was only 80.
only 80! that' phunnneee!!! i'm still able to do all i have done in the past but a bit slower.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThereRoseaLamb
It all started when we had to start raising a 13 YO granddaughter. We told her to slow down and speak English. Then we had to clean up the profanity. We didn't have much trouble cleaning up the profanity, but I still have to tell her to slow down and speak English.

Her best friend, who spent many hours at our house, will answer "I know Grandpa, slow down and speak English" when I ask her "what did you say?".
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThereRoseaLamb
These days I’m realizing how old I am. The lingo in the threads makes me have to look up words that it turns out is just the easygoing usual stuff amongst our younger generation here.

How do you other old people here get by when those young ones are using words that might as well could have been Chinese for all I know?


This reminds me of my oldest nephew. He was around three when we got him a gift for Christmas. It was a stuffed penguin toy and it had headphones on like it was listening to music. So my nephew asked me what the penguin was holding, I looked closer and said " Well, he's holding... he has a CD player". My nephew looked up at me and laughed and said " No Auntie, that's an IPOD!!!". And that was when I knew I was officially old.
 
I’m 49, and I’m feeling much older here than IRL. That may have to do with the fact that here I can’t boss the younger people around like I do IRL lol. Reality check much? Lol
49 is young not old, not even close.
My daughter is about to retire on SS at the age of 62 and her son, my grandson is 42.
I have been married to the same woman for over 63 years.
Maybe I am getting old when I stop and think about it!!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: hornetguy
Anybody remember when Barry Goldwater ran for president?
I voted for him in 1964.
 
Ok so here's my somewhat serious take here with a side of humor.
I know you're not gonna like it. lol

Based on my understanding of human biology and what i've read so far, the human body begins a decline at 30 years old.
This isn't an exact number but more of a mark give or take plus or minus 5 years depending on the person, genes, how much they've abused and many other factors.
But generally speaking after 30, things in the body begin to slow down.

Now, i know that in the West they want to sell youth in many angles and they promote athletes like Tom Brady or the like who are almost 50 and they look 'fit' and 'young'.
The thing is tho, that these athletes train 7 days a week to keep their bodies and muscles going against the decline.

Think about this yourself. When you were 16-24 you could have no sleep, no food and run a marathon without any training, any diets or anything else. Your body functions perfectly during that age.
For example i could shovel snow for an hour and clean my driveway when i was 20, with no sleep from the night before and no breakfast.
But when i tried to continue the same method at 26, i passed out in the driveway for a few seconds and THAT's when i realized that i need to eat breakfast before cleaning snow. :D

This is why the armies around the world recruit 18 year old kids and not 40 year old men for their ranks.

Thoughts? lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: ThereRoseaLamb
Lol the Boomers are capping trying to prove they still got drip but actually all this is so cheugy to the point that Gen Z would litigate you as cringe.


This also makes complete sense both as a parody but actually to display how Gen Z Slang really might not even be slang proper, it's really its own tongue almost a legitimate dialect.
 
Lol the Boomers are capping trying to prove they still got drip but actually all this is so cheugy to the point that Gen Z would litigate you as cringe.


This also makes complete sense both as a parody but actually to display how Gen Z Slang really might not even be slang proper, it's really its own tongue almost a legitimate dialect.
Every generation I have ever seen has done it. It's like belonging to an exclusive club.

After a few years they grow out of it. Well, mostly. There are always a few who love exluding too much to let it go, so they grow up to be sad, lonely people who keep trying to pretend they are cool. But most of them realize it never was very cool and drop it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
These days I’m realizing how old I am. The lingo in the threads makes me have to look up words that it turns out is just the easygoing usual stuff amongst our younger generation here.

How do you other old people here get by when those young ones are using words that might as well could have been Chinese for all I know?
I know I'm old when I call a 30-something, 'that kid,' although I'm pretty sure that annoys them.
 
I know I'm old when I call a 30-something, 'that kid,' although I'm pretty sure that annoys them.

Yeah, but that’s what it’s like. They ain’t just looking like kids, but they, lo and behold, definitely sounds like kids.