Old school rock: your thoughts.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Been listening to The Hip most of the night :D
I was going to post Locked in the Trunk of a Car, but it has profanity in it :(
There is this great one instead :)

[video=youtube;H6-Vn0kxUFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6-Vn0kxUFA[/video]

68968e2fb8138ad87905818dedb3bf27.jpg
 
George passed also (15 years ago), so only Paul and Ringo are still walking this world.

I am in tears just looking at all these wonderful images from over the years of the collaborations between John and Paul. They were quite the pairing :)


And in came the female species and messed it all up for them :p.......
 
The only old(ish) rock 'n' roll that I really listen to is Elvis...and as a man I can't say that I agree with him. he was a darn good singer though!
My two favorite songs by Elvis are Suspicious Minds and Burning Love. :cool:
 
Hmmm, Elvis died on August 16th, 1977. It was a few short days before
I left my home province to hitchhike out west with two friends of mine.
Thirty nine years later, I am still here! Amazing, and thank you, God :)

Neil Young was a staple for me in those days. Here he is, live in '71.

[video=youtube;U6vp1EMnqho]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6vp1EMnqho[/video]

 
Love me some stevie. Incredibly hard to copy. All told I've got A LOT of hours into this one. When I watch it, it looks so easy....but it's not. Maybe the next one I learn will be. Lol. One can only hope.


[video=vimeo;179690161]http://vimeo.com/179690161[/video]
 
I remember a Top of the Pops "episode" where they introduced a clip saying
"Yea, they were allowed to dress like that back then"


Apparently I am old enough to have lived "back then", then. EEeeek!
 
It's interesting how classic rock still dominates the radio. You'd be hard pressed to find a genre that goes better with roaring engines and cheap gas station food.
 
That said, my favorite genre has to be music made between 1999 and 2007.

The post-punk revival/ garage rock from the era rocked hard. A lot of the Baby Boomers I've introduced the White Stripes and Black Keys to end up liking them.
 
Everytime this post rolls back around, I smile at the modern stuff you kids are calling "Rock."
 
Eyh, it's not my fault most good music died before I was born :p Blame the bands
 
DumDum boys, one of Norway's 80's rock bands

[video=youtube;MUb9KaZ7-qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUb9KaZ7-qs[/video]


Splitter pine doesn't literally mean anything, but it's used to express frustration.
 
A lot of the really good stuff died before even I was born.
Was it called rock and roll in those long ago days of yore?

Love me some Rush.
rush.gif
I will never forget the night at karaoke when a young man got up and sang Limelight with no lyrics to follow on the screen... he did an amazing job! They used to play in basement bars around my home town when I was in high school and college. :D Harry's Hideaway haha Buuuuttttttt I was not really into them in those days. I saw Bruce Cockburn a lot, and also Foot In Cold Water. Loved those guys' music!

[video=youtube;Ok9wkaH3iqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok9wkaH3iqg[/video]

in_purple_by_andry122_deviantart-com.jpg

 
Everytime this post rolls back around, I smile at the modern stuff you kids are calling "Rock."

Uncle Willie surely this is rock? :confused:

[video=youtube;up0tcJohtAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0tcJohtAA[/video]

I saw these guys life in 2000 as part of a 5fm party. I am not a metal fan but man they rocked da house :cool: