Omitted verses.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
How do you find the truth? You become the final authority of truth? What you believe, since you cannot find it in a bible?
The real question should be: How do you define truth? When you say Bible what you mean is the KJ Bible; and when you say truth you mean the exact wording of the KJ Bible. So, if I say anything other than I find truth in the KJ Bible, I'm wrong in your opinion.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I would say, some translations are misleading in many passages. John 3:16, Romans 10:9, to name a couple.
Romans 10:9 KJV
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭9‬ ‭NIV
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

They look the same to me. Perhaps you are repeating what you heard without checking its veracity.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
"Do you believe truth is important? Or do you believe as long as the important truths are written? Minor truths are irrelevant?"

Tell me what a "minor truth" is? Truth is truth.

"A faithful witness cannot lie."

You keep spouting these little memorized, pat statements. I could do that.... a penny saved is a penny earned.... but what does that mean to you? You are saying that using a version other than the KJV is "lying".... keep preaching, Pharisee....

"If a non-believer asked you the question: "Do you believe the bible is telling us the whole truth?" What would you say? No, but the important truths we can have."

If asked that question, I would honestly answer "Yes, the Bible is telling us the whole truth" What a silly question.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The thing is.....you must not use the KJVO precedent as an impediment to "them that were entering in".......

Luk 11:52
Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
You don't take a way knowledge by giving them the bible. When I got saved, I was always under the impression that the KJV was the word of God.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The real question should be: How do you define truth? When you say Bible what you mean is the KJ Bible; and when you say truth you mean the exact wording of the KJ Bible. So, if I say anything other than I find truth in the KJ Bible, I'm wrong in your opinion.
How do you find what is true? Study all versions and decide for yourself? It's always a final authority issue.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Romans 10:9 KJV
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭9‬ ‭NIV
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

They look the same to me. Perhaps you are repeating what you heard without checking its veracity.
One gets saved by confessing the Lord Jesus. If a non believer confesses, "Jesus is Lord" are they saved based upon that confession? Nope.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
One gets saved by confessing the Lord Jesus. If a non believer confesses, "Jesus is Lord" are they saved based upon that confession? Nope.
If you read that passage more closely, Jesus says...my Father in heaven revealed this to you...confession of Jesus as Lord is the natural outcome of the revelation of that truth.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
How do you find what is true? Study all versions and decide for yourself? It's always a final authority issue.
When you say the KJV is the final authority isn't that just your personal opinion?

Show me one verse of scripture where your KJ Bible says: "Thus says the Lord, in 1611 I will preserve my infallible word in the 'King James Bible' " and I will apologize and admit I am wrong to think for myself.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
If you read that passage more closely, Jesus says...my Father in heaven revealed this to you...confession of Jesus as Lord is the natural outcome of the revelation of that truth.
Or Jesus my Saviour!

John146

Jan 13, 2016
When you say the KJV is the final authority isn't that just your personal opinion?

Show me one verse of scripture where your KJ Bible says: "Thus says the Lord, in 1611 I will preserve my infallible word in the 'King James Bible' " and I will apologize and admit I am wrong to think for myself.
It has been tried and tested through the years and it stands alone.

Does God want us to think to ourselves when concerning truth, his truth? Or does he want us to follow his word without exception?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
It has been tried and tested through the years and it stands alone.

Does God want us to think to ourselves when concerning truth, his truth? Or does he want us to follow his word without exception?
Why do you keep saying the KJV is the final authority? You have no scriptural authority for this, only your opinion.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
So you have no scriptural authority then, only your opinion.
And the promise that God would preserve his words for us today. Where are they if not in the KJV? Are they together, completed in one book?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
And the promise that God would preserve his words for us today. Where are they if not in the KJV? Are they together, completed in one book?
Why do you keep saying the KJV is the final authority. You have no scriptural authority for this, only your opinion.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Why do you keep saying the KJV is the final authority? You have no scriptural authority for this, only your opinion.
If not the KJV, then where are the words of God to live by? All of them? Are they together, completed in one book? Scattered? No where?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I have started a thread on how some of the changes from one version to another matter doctrinally. They are no small thing.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
If not the KJV, then where are the words of God to live by? All of them? Are they together, completed in one book? Scattered? No where?
If you want to think the KJV is the final authority fine; but you have no right to criticize others for deciding for themselves what they believe is right when you do the very same thing.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
And do you get that from the KJV version of Romans 10:9 but not from the NIV? Nope. Not even a little. Your assertion is empty.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
If you want to think the KJV is the final authority fine; but you have no right to criticize others for deciding for themselves what they believe is right when you do the very same thing.
Why not respond to my questions? Where is your final authority on what God has said? Do you have one?