on computers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

persistent

As I am not savvy with computers can't #41 and #45 be checked? my 41 is becca12 and 45 is Lizzie2021 same for you.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I don't know how to do a screen shot. But I may see now that I misread headers but it does not negate the possibility of post #41 and #45 being scammers phishing.
I mean sure, there are scammer phishing everywhere and as I told you in private even at my company an admin almost Got scammed for $500 in Amazon cards by someone posing as her boss, but they contacted us (the it dpt) and we saved them.
So some basic internet 101 rules are :

Dont email people you don’t know, don’t respond to emails you don’t know, don’t pick up the phone if it’s an unknown number, don’t give anything private to anyone posing as an authority figure such as police, banks, hospitals insurance companies etc.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't know how to do a screen shot. But I may see now that I misread headers but it does not negate the possibility of post #41 and #45 being scammers phishing.
Maybe. Maybe not.

I'm guessing not. But that's just a hunch.

If you reported something you think is suspicious and nothing was done... Move on.

P

persistent

Actually neither of us is technically working on anything. We're just random people who happen to check a forum occasionally and maybe offer advice if we can.
Oncefallen may be working it out as he posted.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
As already has been posted by multiple users, each post in this thread has the proper time/date stamp. Clearly the issue is on your end, not the site. There is absolutely no evidence (other than your "gut feeling") that there is anything amiss with either of these users.

As I told you in private message, Becca12 has not posted publicly here since 2020 so unless you have been messaging her privately [and I would have serious questions about why a 70 year old man (according to the information you provided to the site) is private messaging with a 21 year old female] there is no way you were almost scammed by her.

P

persistent

As already has been posted by multiple users, each post in this thread has the proper time/date stamp. Clearly the issue is on your end, not the site. There is absolutely no evidence (other than your "gut feeling") that there is anything amiss with either of these users.

As I told you in private message, Becca12 has not posted publicly here since 2020 so unless you have been messaging her privately [and I would have serious questions about why a 70 year old man (according to the information you provided to the site) is private messaging with a 21 year old female] there is no way you were almost scammed by her.
Is it possible someone used her info? I don't recall exactly how I replied to her post early morning of 4 oct 2022. i was very tired & possibly saw post in New Members??? Bottom line is that I received email from that supposed post. As I said I am not savvy and it seems that becca12 is used as a ploy and why is Lizzie responding to a dead post if Lizzie is legit?

P

persistent

Fine mess you've gotten us into this time Ollie.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
But what exactly has happened to you is the question? And you don’t have to say this publicly but in private to the admin if you wish.
And depending on what happened, what exactly are you looking for here in this site to be addressed?

P

persistent

But what exactly has happened to you is the question? And you don’t have to say this publicly but in private to the admin if you wish.
And depending on what happened, what exactly are you looking for here in this site to be addressed?
Nothing happened to me but thru that post I went off line and via ???? spoke with some supposed young girl and she sent a picture that was supposedly her giving a talk at school and a picture of her possibly with a wiener dog all seemingly nice and when I reported this to the FBI here in Chicago they said it was nothing that they would investigate as i thought I was being set up. But they have the report. So today when I came to this thread for the first time and see same becca12 and then Liizzie reply to becca 12 some thing funny not ha ha funny but phishy funny

P

persistent

Nothing happened to me but thru that post I went off line and via ???? spoke with some supposed young girl and she sent a picture that was supposedly her giving a talk at school and a picture of her possibly with a wiener dog all seemingly nice and when I reported this to the FBI here in Chicago they said it was nothing that they would investigate as i thought I was being set up. But they have the report. So today when I came to this thread for the first time and see same becca12 and then Liizzie reply to becca 12 some thing funny not ha ha funny but phishy funny
The report I made with the FBI was done approximately 8 hours after the occurrence of this incident. maybe around 1 pm CDT. 4OCT2022

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Okay. Best thing to do is block that user in your emails and/or your phone.

P

persistent

Whoever it was claimed to be a 13 year old girl. Where did you get 21?

P

persistent

Okay. Best thing to do is block that user in your emails and/or your phone.
I know that. I was just trying to alert the management of potential scams but it seems it is falling on deaf ears.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I know that. I was just trying to alert the management of potential scams but it seems it is falling on deaf ears.
Okay but in order to link a user here with what’s happened to you, there’s an insane amount of technical work that has to go into the back end to prove it, which is also why the FBI isn‘t investigating probably because of the insane amount of technical work that has to go in the back end.

P

persistent

Okay but in order to link a user here with what’s happened to you, there’s an insane amount of technical work that has to go into the back end to prove it, which is also why the FBI isn‘t investigating probably because of the insane amount of technical work that has to go in the back end.
It comes to mind that possibly someone is yanking my chain. When I was a kid we yanked peoples chains on the phone, now they do it on computers??

P

persistent

FBI said nothing to investigate as nothing of a criminal nature occurred, but they said they would keep the report in the event of it being a set up and somehow were able to scam maybe even someone else.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
It comes to mind that possibly someone is yanking my chain. When I was a kid we yanked peoples chains on the phone, now they do it on computers??
I mean sure, that’s a possibility. I remember prank calls when I was a kid and before Verizon had the Star69 on their systems for reverse tracking. I mean Steve Jobs pranked called The Pope.

You may also need some internet awareness too about things to watch for or red flags. In our company we do mandatory training for our users every 6 months so they don’t get scammed from phone calls or emails.

P

persistent

I mean sure, that’s a possibility. I remember prank calls when I was a kid and before Verizon had the Star69 on their systems for reverse tracking. I mean Steve Jobs pranked called The Pope.

You may also need some internet awareness too about things to watch for or red flags. In our company we do mandatory training for our users every 6 months so they don’t get scammed from phone calls or emails.
As Roseann Roseanna Danna would say, "It's always somethin".