Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
They could not have knowledge until they were saved.
Do you think these disciples were saved? They had knowledge but walked away from Christ. It isn't knowledge that makes the difference, it is faith, and faith comes only as a fruit of the Spirit through becoming born again,
You keep ignoring the eternal part of eternal salvation.

[Jhn 6:64-66 KJV]
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that [time] many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Never said it wasn't a gift bro. I also never said that it was a work of the flesh. You can easily infer from my post that it was a positive response begotten of faith. This faith being a gift from God, along with salvation.
If salvation is a gift of God, then that which has brought salvation must be a gift too.

Jun 20, 2022
Here is my confusion

You said

You say we can return through repentance but then say we cannot.

"I am saying that God has a limit. When someone reaches that limit, there's no more hope."

I am saying, we don't know how many chances we have if we become apostate and backsliding.

But since we're already been one time Saved, we need to only repent.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
How would you interpret those verses - that the unsaved are estranged from the womb speaking lies at birth?
They are estranged. Because they are lost.

it does not mean God hates them, he would/has died for them. Because he loved them,

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
They are estranged. Because they are lost.

it does not mean God hates them, he would/has died for them. Because he loved them,
They are estranged because all from the womb are sinners until justified by Christ - not all are.
God didn't die for everyone - only for the elect.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The OT talked about back slidding the most. In Romans 11 the Bible says the Jews can still be saved if they do not persist in unbelief. Again, if you believe in people created to election and others to destruction, then you must believe OSAS. So the first step, is the issue. That Jesus died only for the elect.
You’ve muddied the waters without answering the question.

You say a born again child of God can lose their Salvation.

You also say that fallen, former child of God can repent again.

So the question is, does that former child of God, that lost their Salvation and sonship, need to be re-born again again?

ButterflyJones

Feb 5, 2023
As @Everlasting-Grace 's favorite verse Clearly States:

Php 1:6 "Being Confident of This Very Thing, that He Which Hath
Begun a good work in you WILL Perform it until The Day of Jesus Christ:"

In Light Of This Plain Truth:

The critic's CLAIM Of "true believers" can somehow be lost, has NEVER 'made sense'

Amen?
Amen. :) For me when Jesus said he will lose none of those the Father gives him that's the end of the story. No debate.
God knew us before the womb. I cannot accept he would not know the journey of a lifetime those he calls to himself would take. Be we one who loses faith for a time and then return or whatever.
He knows the number of hairs on my head. How would he not know everything to come?

He mistakenly puts me in his grace and salvation and then has to retract all that transformed me to one who is born again?
Not possible.

God is Sovereign. Man's will cannot trump that.
Amen?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I was 18 years.

Never lost my faith in Jesus, lost it in the church and certain types of Christians.
I was a damaged wounded person based on servere childhood trauma.

Had a ministry in church.
When I could no longer cope with the past I asked to step down from the ministry and seek counselling and spiritual input from the church.
I was knackered emotionally, and spiritually.

The answer was no because I was no longer serving.

Addictions took over me.
Sought help for that but was told Bible says to do eg don't gamble.
Was told I wasn't saved because I did not speak in tongues.
Same with addiction.
The list could go on and on.
Shame on Christians who shoot their wounded rather than nurse them.
Why would I want to go to church and trust Christians like this.

Through all of this I never lost my faith in Jesus.
I begged, implored cried out for help and healing.

Never write/judge people off.
Come alongside if something is amiss.
Feed to sheep of Jesus.
BTW......I have not the least compunction in exiting a Church that is abusing their sheep. For reasons that are eminently biblical.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Yes of course bro it is. Absolutely agree.
Ok, sorry cv5 - must have misunderstood your point then if you believe that everything pertaining to salvation is
a gift with no contribution possible from us - my fault.
"

ButterflyJones

Feb 5, 2023
No it doesn't. It puts shame on the person who fell away.
No it doesn't. God is Sovereign. He knew that one before the womb. And God knew what he was doing when he called them to his grace.

Thinking someone can lose what God transformed about their nature when he made them born again puts Jesus sacrifice to shame. Because he died to seal that salvation,redemption,born again covenant his ministry described. Eternal life is eternal salvation from the second death.

If that's not true as those who insist salvation is not eternal, then Jesus sealed nothing.And his ministry was false.
That's what is being said by those who speak against God's eternal saving grace covenant.

And that is a true shameful falsity

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The OT talked about back slidding the most. In Romans 11 the Bible says the Jews can still be saved if they do not persist in unbelief. Again, if you believe in people created to election and others to destruction, then you must believe OSAS. So the first step, is the issue. That Jesus died only for the elect.
The straight up truth is that election is God's purview and problem not ours. Our business is witnessing and preaching the Gospel.

We have absolutely no say in the matter so why should anyone continually obsess about it?

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
The puke comment because I understood you think God created some people for Heaven and rest for Hell.
Do you all work at being obvious, or is it a natural talent?
No, I don't think God created anyone for Hell - Satan, Adam and Eve caused that from the fall:

[Rom 5:19 KJV] 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Because of that, unless God had chosen them to salvation and justified them, they remain in dishonor. Those in dishonor will be judged
by God but that is because of Satan, Adam and Eve, not God.