One year ago today...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 3, 2018
One year ago today...

I threw my rock and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and allowed myself to be loved by Him.

Happy Re-birth Day

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Way to go! it's called, eternal commitment-- I like what you said here, very powerful testimony!
One that came to mind was like getting into a space-vessel of some kind-- strapping yourself in; the door can not be opened from the inside or the out-- total, permanent, eternal commitment unto life or death with Jesus; no turning back, like the song goes. Talked to a pastor yesterday who said that "once we die with Christ (symbolically/spiritually) by our faith commitment, as Christians, we can never die again...
Once you move the levers to the firewall, like in a modern plane, they can not be throttled back--
Full-speed, towards the Light of the sun...
these images help-- like throwing the rock...
It's the power of God that gets us there...a power greater than ourselves;
Even throwing a rock, which sounds like a personal ceremony of some kind?
The power of the earth--gravity--takes it earthward. But, the Lord demonstrated power over nature to the point where even the Israelites were drinking water that miraculously flowed from a spring-water rock, that was only a rock before it was given over to God.
Jesus declared Peter's faith to be a "rock" or maybe like "cliff?" fortress? or small mountain...
May your faith be like His--
My own has been needing much improvement help most of my life...

Aug 3, 2018
I wrote a word on my rock... what was holding me back from a relationship with Christ. Then I searched for a place to cast my stone away. I drove around and around and after changing my mind on 4 places, decided where I was going to throw the rock.

I had to walk a short way in to the lake and there was a man and woman sitting here at the water's edge, just enjoying the day.

I was grumpy because I wanted to be alone with God to throw my rock. I sat and considered my rock for some time, then took a chance and asked the woman if she would take a short video clip of me throwing the stone. She asked what it was about, and I told her that our Pastor asked us to write on the stone and cast it away.

Her eyes opened wide, and she asked if she and her husband could pray with me, as they were believers, too. They were called to that spot and were just enjoying the day, not sure why they chose there. We prayed and I cried my eyes out because I was overwhelmed. I *knew* that was where I was supposed to throw that rock. We believe that God placed us together in that spot. There is no doubt.

She took a video clip of me throwing my rock into the lake.

It is the best 12 seconds of my life.

I can only praise Him for placing the couple there and for showing me that He was with me at the water that day.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I wrote a word on my rock... what was holding me back from a relationship with Christ. Then I searched for a place to cast my stone away. I drove around and around and after changing my mind on 4 places, decided where I was going to throw the rock.

I had to walk a short way in to the lake and there was a man and woman sitting here at the water's edge, just enjoying the day.

I was grumpy because I wanted to be alone with God to throw my rock. I sat and considered my rock for some time, then took a chance and asked the woman if she would take a short video clip of me throwing the stone. She asked what it was about, and I told her that our Pastor asked us to write on the stone and cast it away.

Her eyes opened wide, and she asked if she and her husband could pray with me, as they were believers, too. They were called to that spot and were just enjoying the day, not sure why they chose there. We prayed and I cried my eyes out because I was overwhelmed. I *knew* that was where I was supposed to throw that rock. We believe that God placed us together in that spot. There is no doubt.

She took a video clip of me throwing my rock into the lake.

It is the best 12 seconds of my life.

I can only praise Him for placing the couple there and for showing me that He was with me at the water that day.
It was the Rock of Ages.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Here you go buddy....+

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." (Psalm 18:2; New International Version; biblehub.com)
"He only is my rock and my salvation, My high tower, I shall not be greatly moved." (Psalm 62:2; JPS Tanakh 1917; biblehub.com)
"He alone protects and saves me; he is my defender, and I shall never be defeated." (Good News Translation)

Feb 28, 2016
a rock is only a rock, unless it is The Rock...