ONLY A BLOODY SACRIFICE WILL DO . . .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Somebody might ask the question,why did GOD require a sacrifice since HE IS sovereign?
Yes, God is indeed sovereign, but His demand for a perfect sacrifice -- A PROPITIATION -- for the sins of the whole world reflects His absolute justice.

How can God be perfectly just and yet be the Justifier of the ungodly? The answer is in the atoning work of Christ, as God's Substitute for every sinner who would have to pay the penalty for his own sins. Christ tasted death (the first and second death) for every man.

The power of the shed blood of Christ is not only that it is the ransom price for our sins. It also cleanses the sinner's souls, and sets it free from the defilement and guilt of sin.

...Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood... (Rev 1:5)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
:)

He speaks in tongues...........

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
He will neither leave you nor forsake you. If you're feeling dry, maybe its an invitation to draw deeper? Allowing a thirst and hunger? One shouldn't neglect the truth of our reconciliation through the blood of Christ, by suggesting our sin is a barrier between us and God. Did Jesus die in vain, or have our sins been remitted? Then the veil is torn in twain, there no longer remains a separation between us and God because the main purpose of Christ's work was redemption (reconciliation).

God will not partake in your sins, and will address them, but by no means do they override the blood of Christ.

Are you saying that we can sin as we please and it will have no effect on our stance with God? Seriously?

Our sins that we have been cleansed of by the precious blood of Christ are the sins we repented of, confessed of, and asked forgiveness of when we asked Christ to become Lord of our lives. That DOES NOT give us "free reign" to do as we wish from then on out ya know.

If a believer sins, God will not abide with sin, so, how does that not cause a problem for the believer. Now, if they repent, and ask God to forgive them their sin, He is surely just to do so. the "cleansing/salvation" action of the blood of Christ must be asked for. God doesn't have a giant water gun that He just sprays all around. :)

Believers who sin, and do not repent, are living in disobedience to God. Anyone who believes they cal live their lives in disobedience to God and STILL be saved has a sore, sorrowful awakening in their future.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
>>>Are you saying that we can sin as we please and it will have no effect on our stance with God? Seriously? <<<

I bet you say that to all the blood-washed Bible believers . . . Sheesh!

Oh, and are you claiming sinless perfection? I bet you are even holier than the Lord Jesus!

Dec 9, 2011
>>>Are you saying that we can sin as we please and it will have no effect on our stance with God? Seriously? <<<

I bet you say that to all the blood-washed Bible believers . . . Sheesh!

Oh, and are you claiming sinless perfection? I bet you are even holier than the Lord Jesus!
In essence after we have been born again the spirit Is saved AND sealed so that when we sin our just spirits were made perfect and does not participate In that sin

But by the mercies of GOD we should present our bodies a living sacrifice

holy and acceptable to GOD which Is reasonable
and we should not conform to the way of the world

But be transformed by the renewing of our minds,

So that we can prove what Is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD.

A person that has been saved will seek to purify themselves even as they are pure.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
In essence after we have been born again the spirit Is saved AND sealed so that when we sin our just spirits were made perfect and does not participate In that sin

But by the mercies of GOD we should present our bodies a living sacrifice

holy and acceptable to GOD which Is reasonable
and we should not conform to the way of the world

But be transformed by the renewing of our minds,

So that we can prove what Is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD.

A person that has been saved will seek to purify themselves even as they are pure.
Our spirits are quickened (made alive) and we are sealed by the Holy Spirit - the down payment of our eternal salvation.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Are you saying that we can sin as we please and it will have no effect on our stance with God? Seriously?

Our sins that we have been cleansed of by the precious blood of Christ are the sins we repented of, confessed of, and asked forgiveness of when we asked Christ to become Lord of our lives. That DOES NOT give us "free reign" to do as we wish from then on out ya know.

If a believer sins, God will not abide with sin, so, how does that not cause a problem for the believer. Now, if they repent, and ask God to forgive them their sin, He is surely just to do so. the "cleansing/salvation" action of the blood of Christ must be asked for. God doesn't have a giant water gun that He just sprays all around. :)

Believers who sin, and do not repent, are living in disobedience to God. Anyone who believes they cal live their lives in disobedience to God and STILL be saved has a sore, sorrowful awakening in their future.
I believe it is the blood of Christ that cleanses us of our sins, not a confession and asking of forgiveness of them. When we repent and confess our sins, it is that we acknowledge our sinful state and necessity of Christ (to redeem us). It is our faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ that then entails forgiveness. Repentance is a part of the process of sanctification, but be careful that you don't put it in place of Christ on the cross.

Your signature says, "R.O.S.E.", "remaining obedient secures eternity", and that is where your foundation is cracked. The moment you have found reliance in self is the moment you need to stop looking in the mirror and set your eyes on Christ. It is the Lord who secures eternity, as He has placed His Spirit in us as a guarantee of our inheritance. Our obedience comes from a place of servitude (and gratitude), not a condition upon salvation.

Dec 9, 2011
Yes, God is indeed sovereign, but His demand for a perfect sacrifice -- A PROPITIATION -- for the sins of the whole world reflects His absolute justice.

How can God be perfectly just and yet be the Justifier of the ungodly? The answer is in the atoning work of Christ, as God's Substitute for every sinner who would have to pay the penalty for his own sins. Christ tasted death (the first and second death) for every man.

The power of the shed blood of Christ is not only that it is the ransom price for our sins. It also cleanses the sinner's souls, and sets it free from the defilement and guilt of sin.

...Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood... (Rev 1:5)
I was curious to what did you mean when you said that CHRIST tasted the first death AND the second death?

Dec 9, 2011
My God, My God, Why hast Thou forsaken Me . . . is the second death . . . separation from God.
When you say [separated]from GOD,what are you saying?Do you mean temporarily In the physical sense,because spiritually HE was never separated from GOD.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
When you say [separated]from GOD,what are you saying?Do you mean temporarily In the physical sense,because spiritually HE was never separated from GOD.
Jesus Christ on the Cross suffered hell for every single human being that was ever born or ever would be born . . . He, being God in the flesh could do that and it is certainly beyond our comprehension . . . but there is nothing left for any unsaved person to pay . . . He paid it all.

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Hebrews 5:9).

Perfect meaning complete . . . He had completed the mission He was sent to accomplish, perfectly.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Christians are exhorted in their prayers to come boldly before the Throne of grace . . . it's amazing the things that people think they have to go through to get to that throne. When God says, 'boldly" that's what He means. We rush to Him! Flesh is flesh! When sin is bugging you and you fall to it, or whatever it is, it could be gossip or anything. When you're done doing it, you know it's sin, because you feel rotten. And you repeat to yourself, "I'm not going to do it again, I'm not going to do it again!" You're going to put something on your refrigerator, so that every time you see it you say, "I'm not going to do it today, I'm not going to do it today!" And then there's a weak moment, and you do it today. And you are defeated again, and you feel so bad. I'm just trying to tell you, the Bible says it doesn't have to have dominion over you.

We are not talking about sinless perfection, but maturing in the Lord--some things you ought to be able to have the victory over. And the things that are driving you crazy are the things you need to go to the Lord about. Stop hiding them. Just take them to the Lord. So when I think about we have been redeemed from all iniquity--that's what it means. Past, being continually delivered in Romans here. And in relation to the future, He will deliver us from the very presence of sin that is coming.

"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body" (Romans 8:22-23).

Now, if you were to take this verse and all of a sudden somebody says that the "to wit" here is italicised and doesn't have to be here--it's not in most manuscripts--and, therefore, we just put a period after "waiting for the adoption." Nobody will catch that. Surely they won't catch that. When you got born again and got saved were you adopted? It's not a brain-twister. If you know the Scripture, you were adopted. Right? You were adopted.

So the verse said, right here, the verse says "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption" . . . Well, if I'm saved and I'm adopted and I'm joint heirs with Christ--and it stops there--that means, maybe I'm not adopted, yet. I'm waiting for the adoption! What about that? Now that makes a different story now. If I'm waiting for the adoption, somebody can come along and say 'this is what you have to do while you're waiting, because you ain't got it yet. No! The last part of the verse clears everything up. It's talking about your BODY! You body is not saved yet . . . but it will be . . . future! And there's many more verses like this.

There is a reason in the last days that so much confusion is going on. If a person doesn't have a solid biblical address to go to to definitely define his relation with God--that devil can rock your boat! How do we know that? Because Jesus Himself said, "It's written, It's written, It's written" three times when He was tempted by the devil. So the devil will destroy "It's written, It's written, It's written" any way he can. He can't get rid of it but he sure will eliminate a whole lot of things in our understanding.

It's important to understand with our salvation that we are saved--but the body is not saved.

OUR . . . BODIES . . . ARE . . . NOT . . . SAVED!!!

Dec 9, 2011
"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace" (Ephesians 1:7).
That's why when we teach the Gospel there in 1st Corinthians 15, the first four verses--we know that He died 'according to the Scriptures,' and I mentioned this before and I try to mention it all the time,

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us" (Hebrews 9:12).

So now, here we are in 2018, we're bought with the price He paid -- and that was the shedding of His Blood -- that precious Blood. That is just amazing to me . . . what He's done for us.

- He died to redeem us from all iniquity. That's in relation to the past.
- He redeemed us from the guilt and penalty to sin. That's in relation to this present.

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3).

Our "sins" . . . plural . . . right? He died to redeem us from all iniquity.

- He redeems us from the power and grips of sin. That is future. Yes, one day He will deliver us from the very presence and power of sin completely.

But for now, cling to verses like this . . . where does the ability to do this come from?

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Romans 6:14).

PERIOD! And that is why verse 14 over this!'

And then that verse that says . . . "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" -- so, what do we need? We need grace.
Just curious as to what you think about that verse In the book of Hebrews
Hebrews 9:12
King James Version(KJV)
Jesus Christ on the Cross suffered hell for every single human being that was ever born or ever would be born . . . He, being God in the flesh could do that and it is certainly beyond our comprehension . . . but there is nothing left for any unsaved person to pay . . . He paid it all.

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Hebrews 5:9).

Perfect meaning complete . . . He had completed the mission He was sent to accomplish, perfectly.
ok,but that has nothing to do with saying GOD tasted death.

Dec 9, 2011

Ok but remember It was a body that was prepared for JESUS.JESUS commended his SPIRIT to GOD,HE didn’t taste a second death.

Dec 9, 2011
Sorry about post 36,I thought I erased It but I accidently posted It.:(

Sep 3, 2016

What do you mean "Jesus Christ on the Cross suffered hell?"

"And being made perfect," simply means, "Jesus was a Perfect Sacrifice." Question? How did Jesus become a Perfect Sacrifice by Pilate?