The "Our" is anyone who hears the claim.Welcome to CC...
To whom is the "Our" in your title referring?
Does your mother love you? Even if she tells you, how much validity should such a claim be given, as love is intangible and non-physical?
From your response I would assume their claims hold zero validity.Every believer is Holy Spirit baptized into Christ the moment they are saved. The multiple baptisms of the Pentecostal charismatic types are not valid because they are not scriptural.
For the cause of Chrisst
Roger
The claims are intangible, or evidence of the truth of such claims?Since modern day claims of Holy Spirit Baptisms are intangible
and non-physical, how much validity should such claims be given?
Here's the verse in context:The claims are intangible, or evidence of the truth of such claims?
Jesus said, "By their fruit you will recognize them."
They source from a bad understanding of scripture. I leave it in Gods hands as to they just do not know any better or they are outright deceivers.From your response I would assume their claims hold zero validity.
As much as it is literally written in scripture.Since modern day claims of Holy Spirit Baptisms are intangible and non-physical, how much validity should such claims be given?
Now sure what you mean by "a bad understanding of scripture", most say it just happened regardless of scripture.They source from a bad understanding of scripture. I leave it in Gods hands as to they just do not know any better or they are outright deceivers.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Do we recognize the Body of Christ, or not?This is meant to validate Holy Spirit Baptism?
I do not think so. He is not the god of confusion.
As much as it is literally written in scripture.
Not inserted by human interpretation.
I am not a cessationist, but I believe pentecostalism has it very very very wrong.
But they have physical supernatural manifestations of the Holy Spirit to back up their claims. What do you have? Are you not fighting the Holy Spirit if you are against them?As much as it is literally written in scripture.
Not inserted by human interpretation.
I am not a cessationist, but I believe pentecostalism has it very very very wrong.
What supernatural manifestations?But they have physical supernatural manifestations of the Holy Spirit to back up their claims. What do you have? Are you not fighting the Holy Spirit if you are against them?
I am simply denying your use of the scripture to prove your point. The question is about claims of Holy Spirit Baptism not labeling the fruits of the Spirit.Do we recognize the Body of Christ, or not?
Jesus said we could. You seem to deny it.
Can someone have fruits of the Spirit aside from Holy Spirit baptism?I am simply denying your use of the scripture to prove your point. The question is about claims of Holy Spirit Baptism not labeling the fruits of the Spirit.
Not sure there was a body of christ then . False prophets yes .Do we recognize the Body of Christ, or not?
Jesus said we could. You seem to deny it.
Fruits of the Spirit.....no.Can someone have fruits of the Spirit aside from Holy Spirit baptism?
So how does recognizing fruit of the Spirit confuse things, exactly?Fruits of the Spirit.....no.
Attributes of the fruits of the Spirit....yes.
Do you deny that Jesus was speaking of the future?Not sure there was a body of christ then . False prophets yes .
Recognizing fruit of the Spirit ....no.So how does recognizing fruit of the Spirit confuse things, exactly?