Paid subscription but still cant private chat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Also posts attempted are not posting

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Also posts attempted are not posting
Paid subscriptions are activated by the site owner, manually. Last he heard he's MIA.
Starting new threads, until donations kick in, need to be approved by a mod before they show. There is no set time for this as mods are unpaid volunteers and come on at their personal convenience.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Try again, you should be able now...:) Let's all pray for the owner and administrator of this site. I worry about him and his. What he has created is a blessing. I hope he knows this and is ok.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
Whats going on with the owner? Dont you moderators have his private number to call him?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Whats going on with the owner? Dont you moderators have his private number to call him?
I am guessing that @Oncefallen may have an email address through which he might be contacted. I am not so sure that anyone else would have his personal/private phone number.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am guessing that @Oncefallen may have an email address through which he might be contacted. I am not so sure that anyone else would have his personal/private phone number.
Oh heavens sake no. Can you imagine how time consuming that would be. I believe he is working hard and doing the best he can. I worry about him too. We must pray for him and be a blessing where and when we can.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Perhaps, it will be a blessing to him to know that people pray for him when he is missed... :)

Oct 6, 2022
Paid subscriptions are activated by the site owner, manually. Last he heard he's MIA.
Starting new threads, until donations kick in, need to be approved by a mod before they show. There is no set time for this as mods are unpaid volunteers and come on at their personal convenience.
ohi no.... i paid too and .....:(

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
Okay, I've paid for a subscription twice in the last week, still can't get into chat. That's $48 down the drain...and I'm not rich.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Okay, I've paid for a subscription twice in the last week, still can't get into chat. That's $48 down the drain...and I'm not rich.
Do you mean the chat rooms? The chat rooms are free. Paying only unlocks some features. The chat rooms have been problematic for quite a while now. And the links have been removed (though there is a link to an off site download floating around, for Windows).

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
Do you mean the chat rooms? The chat rooms are free. Paying only unlocks some features. The chat rooms have been problematic for quite a while now. And the links have been removed (though there is a link to an off site download floating around, for Windows).
It says I need a paid subscription to send a private message to someone. So I paid $24 through PayPal for a subscription. That was December 10. Nothing happened, so I tried it again December 14. Still nothing, so I applied to PayPal for refund. They refunded $20 of the $48 I have paid.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
It says I need a paid subscription to send a private message to someone. So I paid $24 through PayPal for a subscription. That was December 10. Nothing happened, so I tried it again December 14. Still nothing, so I applied to PayPal for refund. They refunded $20 of the $48 I have paid.
That's different than 'chats'. Saying chats means the chat rooms, hence the confusion.
Yes. Private messaging is unlocked by payment, both on forums and chats.
The only person that handles payments is the site owner. Until/unless he takes action on your payment nothing can be done.
Perhaps @Oncefallen can contact him to find out anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.