Paid Subscription

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Trace85

Hello! I am new here, and I just did the one month paid subscription about 30 minutes ago. I still am not able to use any of the features that come with paying for the subscription. I tried logging in and out several times, and it has not worked. Does it take a few hours to activate it?

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Trace,Yes I think it takes a while.Welcome to CC! :)

U

Ugly

It has to be done manually by the site owner, who lives in the Philippines. When he comes on he will upgrade it.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Wait I have been here since 2012 and have only recently found out about a paid sub, what comes with it?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Wait I have been here since 2012 and have only recently found out about a paid sub, what comes with it?
sending you an e-mail

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Any special reason why there is not a description of what is included in a paid subscription posted somewhere for all to see...?
Simply put, subscriptions do not affect:

A) users who only participate in the forums (subscriptions only affect chat)

B) users who joined prior to August 2014 (these users have all subscription features grandfathered)

Users who do not fall into those two categories are well aware of the subscription costs and features.

G

GaryA

B) users who joined prior to August 2014 (these users have all subscription features grandfathered)

Users who do not fall into those two categories are well aware of the subscription costs and features.

Okay. Thanks. I was just wondering...

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

Hey, Jim ( @Oncefallen ) - does this information need an update?

I recently paid a subscription fee, expecting to be able to 'PM' anyone - and whatever other benefits came with it -- nothing yet --- would you please check on the status of this and let me know what is going on with it...

I have been being patient about it - wanting to give Tracy some time to "flip the switch and turn it on"; however, I am starting to wonder about it - Tracy is usually fairly quick to take care of such things. (best I remember)

Thanks to both of you guys!

:)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I would like to know also PM seem like the only relevant thing missing. Would a subscription allow me to disable the fb/twitter/pinterest sidebar? I hide it every so often and sometimes I don't even see it, but it's still obtrusive.

Oh and I did post on RoboOP's profile twice about it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
With a paid subscription you also have the option of choosing
for yourself a spiffy sobriquet to go under your user name :D

Instead of the mundane "Active" or "Well-known member" ;)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019

It'd be kind of cool if I could just leave it blank. Since everyone has text beneath :p

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

Yes, I would like to utilize that option also - as soon as I can come up with a 'spiffy' phrase . . .

:unsure:

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I would like to know also PM seem like the only relevant thing missing. Would a subscription allow me to disable the fb/twitter/pinterest sidebar? I hide it every so often and sometimes I don't even see it, but it's still obtrusive.

Oh and I did post on RoboOP's profile twice about it.
No. The only way to get rid of that is asking Robo.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Hey, Jim ( @Oncefallen ) - does this information need an update?

I recently paid a subscription fee, expecting to be able to 'PM' anyone - and whatever other benefits came with it -- nothing yet --- would you please check on the status of this and let me know what is going on with it...

I have been being patient about it - wanting to give Tracy some time to "flip the switch and turn it on"; however, I am starting to wonder about it - Tracy is usually fairly quick to take care of such things. (best I remember)

Thanks to both of you guys!

:)
PM sent

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Other than being able to PM anyone and changing the phrase under your name, what other forum-based subscription benefits are there?

I am also wondering about the chat-based stuff too. However, at this moment in time, I am not "doing chat" yet - but, plan to get into that a little later on. (Yes, Tracy and Jim - please go ahead and turn those on, too. Thank you.)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Other than being able to PM anyone and changing the phrase under your name, what other forum-based subscription benefits are there?

I am also wondering about the chat-based stuff too. However, at this moment in time, I am not "doing chat" yet - but, plan to get into that a little later on. (Yes, Tracy and Jim - please go ahead and turn those on, too. Thank you.)
I'm not sure what other features (if any) have been added on the chat side since I haven't frequented chat it a few years, but originally subscriptions gave chat users the ability to private message, and gave them priority for mic use.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I'm not sure what other features (if any) have been added on the chat side since I haven't frequented chat it a few years, but originally subscriptions gave chat users the ability to private message, and gave them priority for mic use.
Thanks.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Yes, I would like to utilize that option also - as soon as I can come up with a 'spiffy' phrase . . .

:unsure:
If I should actually come up with a worthwhile phrase to use - how do I go about changing it? As of yet, I have not discovered how to do this.