Panic Attacks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

overcomer2

Does anyone know some herbs for dealing with panic attacks, that maybe they have found helpful?

Oct 23, 2013
skullcap; ginseng (siberian); hyssop herb; st john wort

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I tried teas like green tea and white tea and what not... Just some very aromatic and soothing tea's... But in my case they became a crutch.... And I stopped leaning on God and more so the tea's... But go to your local natural grocers store and ask them... :)

Edit: I would caution against St. Johns Wort... its side effects are worse (mentally) then what you gain...

U

Ugly

Use Gaba, its a natural supplement. Buy it in capsule form. Open the capsule an put it in water, about the size of a bottle of water, personal size. Get some Vitamin b12 which enhances the effects. Gaba is an amino acid. Capsules opened in water is the most effective method though.
Also Black tea is known to have a calming effect on people who suffer anxiety.

O

overcomer2

Thank you all, I'm so glad I have something to go on.

4Hizcall

smelling mint leaves seemed to help a friend of mine.

M

Mindrush

[h=2]Passionflower[/h]According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, passionflower may be as effective as benzodiazepine drugs to relieve anxiety. The flowers, leaves and stems of the passionflower or Passiflora incarnata plant are used for the purpose. The side effects of passionflower have not been well studied, so the herbal remedy should not be used without consulting a physician -- especially if you are taking sedatives and anticoagulants

Read more: Herbs For Panic Attacks | LIVESTRONG.COM

D

danschance

Some herbs you can buy that will help with anxiety and panic attacks are:

1) Saw Palmetto
2) Valerian root
3) Saint John's wort.

Also abstain from caffeine and alcohol.

T

thebelievernchrist

a small dose of melatonin and a cup of chamomile tea. will give you the relief you need. if not. seek a christian herbalist.

Oct 12, 2013
Does anyone know some herbs for dealing with panic attacks, that maybe they have found helpful?
Covering up the symptoms of something deeper is not the answer.
He has deeper problems to explore. It is a sign of fear he needs to face
It is causing him to be anxious of something in his life he needs to get out.
He is repressing something that is causing him to panic.

I remember a time I was hiking in the mountains and 3 bears came out in front of me.
Well that was enough to cause me to panic.
But the things that are hidden can also cause us to panic, even a bad thought.

Last edited:
J

jkalyna

I tried teas like green tea and white tea and what not... Just some very aromatic and soothing tea's... But in my case they became a crutch.... And I stopped leaning on God and more so the tea's... But go to your local natural grocers store and ask them... :)

Edit: I would caution against St. Johns Wort... its side effects are worse (mentally) then what you gain...
I agree about st. Johns wort, I took it once it wasn't good, but don't know it it's reactions are so stronge if combined with other herbs, it could be beneficial.

J

jkalyna

Some herbs you can buy that will help with anxiety and panic attacks are:

1) Saw Palmetto
2) Valerian root
3) Saint John's wort.

Also abstain from caffeine and alcohol.
I've been taking valerian root for over 20 years, it is excellent. A great relaxant but you could feel when your body is stressed, then it is a good time to take 2 and you will feel like you were on vacation. It is advised to take at night. If needed maybe 1 during the day, in a stressfull situation, it cushions the nerves to relax. :)

J

jkalyna

skullcap; ginseng (siberian); hyssop herb; st john wort
skull cap is good, I like kava kava, but it is strong and has a very calming effect, Gaba is good too. hyssop herb, will cleanse your blood. "The scripture that says, purify me with hyssop they were right it does purify the blood.' :)

E

Eva1218

The best thing for panic attacks is to go straight to GOD. There is a reason for the panic attacks, and most likely it is due to demonic influence I say this because panic attacks are due to fear. GOD does not give us a spirit of fear.
Fear comes from satan to get people to take their focus off of GOD. Try touching your stomach and commanding fear/panic attacks to cease in the Name of JESUS, now the reason I say touch your stomach is because that is where our nerves start.

Blessings!!!!!!!

D

dbchamp

A long time ago I suffered from panic attacks and then a few years ago, started to feel that anxiety again. Prayed about it and researched about it and read that a lack of magnesium will cause that and a multitude of other symptoms. After about a month of taking lots of magnesium, no more anxiety and haven't had a panic attack since (but kept on taking magnesium daily for quite a while). Hope this helps.

Oct 12, 2013
You might try some nice hot chamomile tea with honey. I know it is not the answer, but may be a temporary one.

S

scottish

All the known herbal remedies have good results, but some work well for some and not others. The one thing that is important isn't just the hope of the natural remedies working, but the fact you are doing something positive to control the anxiety attacks. Deep breathing is something I find helps reduce the anxiety.

One thing you must do is to try understand why you are having panic attacks, and what fear sets it off. I suffered panic attacks during a time of depression after loosing a job. After getting a new job I still would get panic attacks. After some thought, I realized I was having panic attacks because I had a fear of having panic attacks.. A vicious cycle...
I soon learned not to be stressed about having a anxiety attack and soon because I was in control and not my emotions, the panic attacks stopped.
So yes try herbal remedies my friend but make sure you take the time to find out the cause of your anxiety, try and face up to it, dont let it control you.

I get strength from reminding myself Isaiah 41;10

Fear not for I am with you,
Do not be dismayed, For I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will help you.

Remember you are never alone my friend.

O

overcomer2

A long time ago I suffered from panic attacks and then a few years ago, started to feel that anxiety again. Prayed about it and researched about it and read that a lack of magnesium will cause that and a multitude of other symptoms. After about a month of taking lots of magnesium, no more anxiety and haven't had a panic attack since (but kept on taking magnesium daily for quite a while). Hope this helps.
I do take magnesium, any time can't sleep it puts me out. I was actually looking for something for my son. I will try the magnesium for this too. In my area where I live many people are deficient in mag.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
ginger root tea and eating rose petals

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Huge bummer having to deal with anxiety and the feeling of panic. Deep breath and another, one more...

Kava
Chamomile
Passionflower.

Don't forget a few minutes talking with your creator can be most helpful.

Hugs from afar.