Paper Money and Fiat Currency is the Mark of the Beast

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enxu

Jan 13, 2020
I've often wondered about the OP's website and prepaying.

How many years in advance did he prepay for the website hosting? And how many years in advance did he register his domain name?

And if it was many years in advance, wasn't he in effect asking someone else do deal in the fiat currency system years from now in order to continue hosting his website?
Why does it matter? You can just burn all your fiat money if you don’t want to use it at all. No one is stopping you. He is accountable for what he did, you don’t need to argue over whether he is doing the right thing.

Enxu

Jan 13, 2020
The food doesn't cease to exist, whoever owns it would look for a buyer who would buy it for a lower price.

If you agreed to work for someone for a day for a particular wage, and they only pay you half that at the end of the day, then you have an issue that you can bring before the courts.
That food example was an allegory. Don’t focus on where the food is.

Which is why inflation is so deceptive in robbing you. It does the same thing as not paying you what you worked for, but now you don’t have an agreement to get back what you lost because it’s simply inflation. So you willingly accept the loss when the loss should never have happened in the first place. That is theft disguised as inflation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What is the point of asking me for a solution when all you are going to do is to mock it? My suggestion is simply that, a suggestion. I’m already willing to sacrifice everything, including my life, so I don’t participate in evil, are you? Jesus said those who seek to save their lives will lose it, if you truly love Him you would be asking Him for the truth and then a solution so you don’t have to participate in evil once He tells you its evil. But yet you are here trying to make a mockery of me so you can continue what you want to do? That is truly ludicrous because if I’m wrong, I don’t lose anything and my conscience is clear before God for telling you to not participate in evil. But if you’re wrong and you somehow participated in evil, you are accountable before God.
I'm not making a mockery of you at all but rather simply asking how to pay for living expenses outside of the current monetary system. You suggested working for food but offer no counsel as to how to pay for all the necessary expenses to provide for yourself and your family. My questions now is do you work and if so, do you work for food? Did you prepay for food and supplies and invest in gold, and if so, how did you pay for it?

Mar 28, 2016
Hi Enxu, welcome to CC!

Hmmm, well, in the scenario you present, where does the other half of the food go?
It all comes out as draught.

What would food neded for thes bodies of death have to do with the gospel seeing we walk by faith the unseen eternal?

It is a evil generation natural man. "No faith coming from God" that rather seeks an outward literal sign like 666 the number of unconverted mankind. A beast of the field to represent clay the dust we return to . Rather than walking by faith the unseen eternal .

No sign as a wonder was given other than the last the sign of Jonas. .It was fulfilled by the Son of man, Jesus . . three days of suffering the pangs of hell a living work as the father poured out His wrath and when Jesus the Son cried out ...The Father sent his Spirit so that they together could finish what is called three days in the heart of the earth.

The Bible is a spiritual book not concerned with the political embargos. But is concerned with the gospel a famine for hearing the word of God. Its those spiritual truths we are to buy and not sell.

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Esau like Cain are good examples that saw no need for the unseen spiritual things of God . Cain killed his brother and buried him in the corn field to support his unbelief .Out of sight out of mind the pagan foundation of their religion . Abel the first born again as martyr. Esau seeing no values in spiritual things of God sold his birthright for a cup of lambchop soup to Jacob .

When Cain performed his act of terrorism. God increased the work load as the suffering of hell with no rest form the gospel . Cain said it was more that he could bear. As that which Christ alone did bear our sabbath rest. .

Cain because of the curse in his suffering wanted to die. and said when men find him they will kill him . But God as the number of unconverted mankind 666 explained he would suffer the pangs of hell with not rest . A life sentence with no parole .

And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark (666) upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. Geneisis 4:11-15

The mark of His word. 666 unconverted mankind. No seal of God like that of Abel.

The Genesis account would seem to have lost its ability by men that would make hell more that a living suffering as the wrath of God being revealed of a corrupted creation as some work men can perform when they are dead..

Matthew 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

The sign of Jonas . A living work of suffering answered by God in order to give rest to finish the work .

And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. Jonah 2

Same kind of work during the demonstration at the time of reformation .Parallel parables, revealing the hidden gospel understanding...

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Why does it matter? You can just burn all your fiat money if you don’t want to use it at all. No one is stopping you. He is accountable for what he did, you don’t need to argue over whether he is doing the right thing.
You are correct that we don't need to argue about anything.

If someone brings up a topic for discussion, then often times it is interesting to discuss it.

Suppose someone presents a way of life, and they feel other people would benefit from also living that way.

If there is evidence, though, that the presenter does not actually practice what they are preaching, I think it's a good idea to talk about that as part of the discussion.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
It does the same thing as not paying you what you worked for...
I disagree. Most employees are paid every month at least.
So you agree to work for your employer, and at the end of the week or month they give you the agreed-on amount of money.

Inflation in the USA has been fairly stable for the past several years, less than 2% I believe. Divide that up by the month or week and you are talking about a truly miniscule amount. But if you are of a math mindset, just add inflation into your calculation of whether it makes sense to work for that particular employer for that wage or not.

But I agree that a kind of theft takes place in all economies, ancient and modern. It's just part of how humans oppress each other.

If you are really concerned about theft, I would suggest looking at government taxation which often runs at 30 or 40%, far larger than inflation.

And the real estate system. I can talk more about that if you like.

E

EleventhHour

No, I never met him. But I know that the fiat system is evil. When people’s wealth are based on numbers on banking screens, numbers that can be wiped out in an instant it’s clear that its illusion. When central banks can essentially print infinite money in order to borrow and lend without restraint it’s clear that they control and enslave people who contribute actual labor but get nothing concrete in return.
So are you referring to the Federal Reserve in the USA as the central bank?

As a student of finance you make it sound so easy ... then why do poor countries not print more money and generate wealth?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
The one the OP gave about not charging interest when lending money to a believer, which was stated in the Torah.
I agree that the law of Moses contains instructions about lending money, but which post are you referring to?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Inflation simply makes the paper money in a person's hand lose its purchasing power. So while your labor originally earned you a full day's meal, it now only entitles you to half a day's meal due to inflation. Half a day's meal is stolen from you because of inflation, so yes it is theft.
*shrug* i get what's called a 'cost-of-living' ((lol, loaded term?)) adjustment to my wages on a periodical basis. so my labor still returns approximately the same amount of meal.
i use my wages in the type of exchange system that's a characteristic of civilization to procure goods, because 'a righteous man cares for his animal'

my labor isn't my own tho; my strength isn't mine. God provides these things to me. neither are they 'my animals' but the Lord's; everything in heaven and earth is His. so i am just acting as His servant to do these things -- something i've always found puzzling about this thread's topic is how selfish it appears to me, at the basis of the argument, to complain about how you're somehow being cheated out of 'your gold' -- all the gold is His. can i make it 'not belong to Him anymore' by serving in some way that doesn't give an optimal return for my labor? pfff nope. what matters is i continue humbly before Him, not that i complain about receiving whatever it is i think is 'my due.'
i just find it a weird mindset.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
One should really read up on the financial system to get a better understanding. I read up a bit on it, and the system we have today is a complete mess. Should also read up on Rome in the past, with their currency at the time.

When hyperinflation comes into effect, that can make a country's currency worthless.

The way how this financial system is, sooner or later, going by past history, it stands to reason at some point in time this system will fall apart.

But to think paper money is the mark of the beast, I don't even know how one could even come to that conclusion, because if one looks at the description of Rev 16.2, there is a reference to side effects, and the last time I checked, holding paper money in your hand does not cause a noisome and grievous sore.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I'm not making a mockery of you at all but rather simply asking how to pay for living expenses outside of the current monetary system. You suggested working for food but offer no counsel as to how to pay for all the necessary expenses to provide for yourself and your family. My questions now is do you work and if so, do you work for food? Did you prepay for food and supplies and invest in gold, and if so, how did you pay for it?
If it matters, I didn't sense any mockery in your post. I thought you asked reasonable questions.

If someone claims to not be any part of the fiat currency system and they live "off the grid" on a farm somewhere, maybe that's possible.

But if that person is clearly "on the grid"
- evidenced by their participation in an internet forum -
then it's reasonable to ask how they manage that.

If they say that they prepaid a large amount of money in the past, well, they are still requiring people in the present moment to deal with fiat currency to make their post display on the internet.
Electricity, web servers, internet connections, etc.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If it matters, I didn't sense any mockery in your post. I thought you asked reasonable questions.

If someone claims to not be any part of the fiat currency system and they live "off the grid" on a farm somewhere, maybe that's possible.

If they say that they prepaid a large amount of money in the past, well, they are still requiring people in the present moment to deal with fiat currency to make their post display on the internet.
It's hypocritical at best, not to be taken seriously.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
This is the first time I've ever encountered a teaching like this, and to be honest, I have a feeling the OP is right. Especially when the verse about King Solomon receiving 666 talents of gold was mentioned. That was similar to how the banking system came into being, currencies backed by gold and then intrinsic value determined by legal tender with no backing by anything. Even if the mark of the beast is not the fiat system itself, it is definitely closely linked to it.

Just throwing a conjecture out there, King Solomon (a type of the beast who had control of the mark of the beast) received actual gold as his income from all those under his rule, which is exactly what the current fiat system did. The ultimate owner of the fiat system took all the gold from those under his rule.
well for my part i've never heard anyone call Solomon 'a type of the beast' before :whistle:
Solomon didn't '
take all the gold' from everyone under his rule. in 1 Kings 10 the queen of Sheba is giving him gold - she isn't under his rule. these are gifts, from those who regarded the wisdom and blessing of God in him:

The whole world sought audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom God had put in his heart. Year after year, everyone who came brought a gift — articles of silver and gold, robes, weapons and spices, and horses and mules.
(1 Kings 10:24-25)
Solomon also wasn't hording wealth making the people of Israel poor:

The king made silver as common in Jerusalem as stones, and cedar as plentiful as sycamore-fig trees in the foothills!
(1 Kings 10:27)

hey doesn't that sound like inflation? :unsure:

gold & silver is fiat currency too. it's not like anyone needed it for electronics or solar cells when they started using it as a medium of exchange. it's representative wealth, through means of currency, and currency exchange certainly didn't begin with Solomon.

My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead. And Abraham hearkened unto Ephron; and Abraham weighed to Ephron the silver, which he had named in the audience of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant.
(Genesis 23:15-16)

'current money with the merchant'

interesting phrase, isn't that? how is it translated in Mandarin?

welcome to the forums :)

E

EleventhHour

Exactly

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
*shrug* i get what's called a 'cost-of-living' ((lol, loaded term?)) adjustment to my wages on a periodical basis. so my labor still returns approximately the same amount of meal.
i use my wages in the type of exchange system that's a characteristic of civilization to procure goods, because 'a righteous man cares for his animal'

my labor isn't my own tho; my strength isn't mine. God provides these things to me. neither are they 'my animals' but the Lord's; everything in heaven and earth is His. so i am just acting as His servant to do these things -- something i've always found puzzling about this thread's topic is how selfish it appears to me, at the basis of the argument, to complain about how you're somehow being cheated out of 'your gold' -- all the gold is His. can i make it 'not belong to Him anymore' by serving in some way that doesn't give an optimal return for my labor? pfff nope. what matters is i continue humbly before Him, not that i complain about receiving whatever it is i think is 'my due.'
i just find it a weird mindset.
Ya know, that's a great way of looking at this whole subject!

And after reading your post, Jesus' phrase "unrighteous mammon" came to mind.

Luke 16: 9. I tell you, make for yourselves friends by means of unrighteous mammon, so that when it fais, they may receive you into the eternal tents.

That's how I think of fiat currency and the things that it can buy, as unrighteous mammon.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Ya know, that's a great way of looking at this whole subject!

And after reading your post, Jesus' phrase "unrighteous mammon" came to mind.

Luke 16: 9. I tell you, make for yourselves friends by means of unrighteous mammon, so that when it fais, they may receive you into the eternal tents.

That's how I think of fiat currency and the things that it can buy, as unrighteous mammon.
i've held a few severely underpaid jobs, and i know i made friends of my management by how hard i worked at those jobs, how productive i was for the ones overseeing me, without any regard for whatever peanuts they rewarded me with. i was loving the work, and that's why i was doing it, not because of the paycheck. i could have brought home more $$ doing things i didn't love to do, but why? how much is enjoying your labor worth? that ain't measured in gold :)

i grew up thinking this was a well-known thing called 'Christian work-ethic' but as i grew i wondered how common it really is?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Loving one’s neighbour is always shown through actions. Saying that I love my neighbour but then do nothing to help him when he is in need is not love, it’s hypocrisy. The examples stated in Torah are just how you can love your neighbour through actions.
what do i do in order to show love for my boss?

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Next time I visit my Bank branch I will demand a few Chickens instead of notes or perhaps Cow if I need a larger withdrawal

Dec 30, 2019
Paper money and fiat currency is the true mark of the beast.
There is a book that explains all of this called: "The Creature from Jekyll Island". This explains inflation but people really don't care as long as they make what they want. Right now they want $15 an hour. Amazon is giving them health insurance, dental, optical and paying their tuition if they take classes at the university. So everyone is happy. Even if inflation is eating their money up very fast. My wife is not happy because they only pay her $13 an hour so she thinks she is getting cheated out of $2 an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.