Parents lose custody of son after stopping chemo

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Parents lose custody of son after stopping chemo.

A Florida couple has lost custody of their cancer-stricken 3-year-old son because they opted to treat him with marijuana-infused oil instead of chemotherapy, according to a report

May 6, 2019 | 2:59pm | Updated

By Jackie Salo

Noah McAdams’ parents skipped his chemo appointment last Monday after deciding to use natural remedies for his acute lymphoblastic leukemia, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
The parents, Joshua McAdams and Taylor Bland-Ball, claimed their son hadn’t responded well to chemotherapy after being diagnosed with cancer last month.
“He had vicious mood swings making him violent, making him very emotional,” his mother told news station KTRK. “He also started to lose his hair right away after the first treatment.”

So the parents pulled the plug on the chemo sessions — prompting authorities to issue an endangered child alert when the family didn’t show up for last week’s appointment.
The family was quickly tracked down in Kentucky, and the boy was returned to a Tampa-area hospital, officials said.
A Hillsborough County judge ruled Thursday that Noah will go home with his maternal grandparents as his parents wage a legal battle to seek alternative treatments.
The parents testified that they began giving their son CBD oils, fresh foods and clean alkaline water in a bid to help him, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
“This is not about whether we’re choosing alternative therapies, natural therapies,” Bland-Ball told KTRK. “This is about our rights as parents to seek other options.”
Authorities said an investigation was also launched to determine whether the couple will face child neglect charges.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Are the government control folks okay with this to? If not, why?
You all seem to be just fine with making excuses of how the government can legislate vaccinations, and turn the other eye when police break into homes and snatch children from their parents.
Making stories up of how it is out of context.

Besides ya'll taking the morale low ground, you are lining up with the setting up of a system that will align with the coming of the anti-christ when you say government can and should tell us how to raise our children.

That is almost as insane as a Christian voting for a candidate who is pro abortion.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I an definitely not in favor of the government regulating every aspect of life. The parents have the sole responsibility to do what they believe to be in their son's best interest and should not be compelled by the government for a treatment regimen for their son.

S

Susanna

I’m concerned about the fact that some parents are inviting authorities into their homes by pulling stunts like this.

There’s one question to be asked here, what’s best for the kid? Being treated by doctors, or is it being treated with alternative medicine no one knows the effects of?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
That is a legit question. But who and how gets to decide what is best for the child? Do you really believe chemo is the best treatment for a young child?

I have heard stories of parents who did not want to submit their children to chemo treatment but did because they were scared of the authorities and they slowly watched their child deteriorate in a gruesome fashion. Like losing an eye, the skin on one hand becoming hard as wood, almost literally, etc. The doctors admitted to the parents it was due to the chemo, but that the first priority was to save his life, and that the side effects to chemo can sometimes be unpredictable.

The parents wanted to go holistic, where the child had, quite frankly, a way better chance of recovery without the horrific side effects. Yet to do that, they would have essentially had to leave the country.

There is no system in place where a panel of experts of some sort is available to make such a decision. No other voices are heard but the conventional western big pharma medical system.

So I ask you, does that sound fair and reasonable, for both the parents and child? When the primary motivation is to keep the monied power structure in place?
Because that is what is really going on here. It is NOT ABOUT THE HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF THE CHILD.

God forbid as a parent you would wanted the freedom of choice and you are forced to do what a irresistible force is compelling you to act.

By the way, you are showing an ignorance of alternative health practices when you say "no one knows the effects of".

You should read up, or go on Youtube and investigate and discover the history of modern day health practices in this country. The original motivation behind it and the people behind it and how it set back the holistic movement about 65 years. A movement, by the way, that was experiencing great results at the time.

You don't know what you son't know, and obviously your level of knowledge about this issue is dim. You really need to investigate things before you shoot your mouth off. Hard to have an intelligent conversation without the facts.
It's not faltering.

S

Susanna

So that’s what you think? Can’t say I’m surprised. I’ve been reading your post carefully, but yet I can’t find any valid sources backing up your claims. Why is that?

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
My brother had chemo at 13 and again in his 20s he's in his 30's now with a 4th child on the way. Chemo has side effects of course certainly not worse than cancer though. Jumping to something that isn't remotely proven sounds downright stupid.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Some people are getting together on PM and making a strategy on their responses to the indefensible.

7seasrekeyed

Parents lose custody of son after stopping chemo.

A Florida couple has lost custody of their cancer-stricken 3-year-old son because they opted to treat him with marijuana-infused oil instead of chemotherapy, according to a report

May 6, 2019 | 2:59pm | Updated

By Jackie Salo

Noah McAdams’ parents skipped his chemo appointment last Monday after deciding to use natural remedies for his acute lymphoblastic leukemia, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
The parents, Joshua McAdams and Taylor Bland-Ball, claimed their son hadn’t responded well to chemotherapy after being diagnosed with cancer last month.
“He had vicious mood swings making him violent, making him very emotional,” his mother told news station KTRK. “He also started to lose his hair right away after the first treatment.”

So the parents pulled the plug on the chemo sessions — prompting authorities to issue an endangered child alert when the family didn’t show up for last week’s appointment.
The family was quickly tracked down in Kentucky, and the boy was returned to a Tampa-area hospital, officials said.
A Hillsborough County judge ruled Thursday that Noah will go home with his maternal grandparents as his parents wage a legal battle to seek alternative treatments.
The parents testified that they began giving their son CBD oils, fresh foods and clean alkaline water in a bid to help him, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
“This is not about whether we’re choosing alternative therapies, natural therapies,” Bland-Ball told KTRK. “This is about our rights as parents to seek other options.”
Authorities said an investigation was also launched to determine whether the couple will face child neglect charges.

and in the meantime gov wants to legislate killing live babies AFTER birth

the hypocrisy is demonic...not just staggering

a normal mind cannot compute how on one hand its ok to kill live babies but not ok to seek alternative treatment and then have your own child taken from you

I don't even necessarily agree with stopping the chemo but who knows what I would do

it's the glaring insane abuse of power that I take issue with.

7seasrekeyed

Some people are getting together on PM and making a strategy on their responses to the indefensible.
welcome to the club

goes on all the time here which is why I shut my pm down...only have a few I am in contact with

S

Susanna

Yeah, everyone’s in on it. We’ve been talking about you for days in PM on how to launch a strategy on our responses to the “indefensible”...

LOL

7seasrekeyed

Yeah, everyone’s in on it. We’ve been talking about you for days in PM on how to launch a strategy on our responses to the “indefensible”...

LOL
at last

the confession we have all been expecting :geek:

L

Locoponydirtman

I’m concerned about the fact that some parents are inviting authorities into their homes by pulling stunts like this.

There’s one question to be asked here, what’s best for the kid? Being treated by doctors, or is it being treated with alternative medicine no one knows the effects of?
So telling Govco/ corporate med/ pharma no is inviting them as in the state into your home?

Treated by doctors who don't know the results ( I know you will say they do but they don't, they made claim after claim how they would be able to save my mom but their treatment destroyed her heart and killed her )
or treated by alternative medicine that the out come is also unknown.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I guess sarcasm doesn't play well with a non verbal. Or maybe some people dont get it.
My point was: you all supporting big pharma and government control are feeding the conspiracy and collusion.
I thought Christian's were a out free will. But some of you are micro and macro control freaks.

L

Locoponydirtman

My brother had chemo at 13 and again in his 20s he's in his 30's now with a 4th child on the way. Chemo has side effects of course certainly not worse than cancer though. Jumping to something that isn't remotely proven sounds downright stupid.
Chemo isn't remotely proven, sometimes it works some times not so much.

L

Locoponydirtman

I have my opinion but I won't share it here.
As for those colluding in private messages. You know your motives are evil or you would not have to collude under the cover of secrecy.

7seasrekeyed

As for those colluding in private messages. You know your motives are evil or you would not have to collude under the cover of secrecy.
Gangs of CC

S

Susanna

One person claimed that there had been a collusion on PM. I cracked a joke on him. There was no collusion. It’s just fake news😁.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
One person claimed that there had been a collusion on PM. I cracked a joke on him. There was no collusion. It’s just fake news😁.
Abstract is not the intellectual asset of some here...
God loves us all, despite our weakness'.
When I'm weak, I am strong.
Thank you Jesus for your mercy, love and grace.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Read your signature statement. NOBODY is "colluding in PM". That's just JD's unfounded supposition.. MOVING ON...