parents who hate you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What do you do if one of your parents hates you.
They pretend to like you, but really they cant stand you. Just wondering how you cope. Your other parent is fine, but one really doesnt want you around. And no matter what you do you cant please them.

Just_Jo

May 29, 2020
It hurts!
Jesus said we must be willing to give up all ...mother,father,siblings and childen even our own lives to follow Him.

One day this life will be over,then true life begins.

Hold fast to Him who loved us so much that HE lay down His life for us!

Jul 6, 2020
They pretend to like you, but really they cant stand you. Just wondering how you cope. Your other parent is fine, but one really doesnt want you around. And no matter what you do you cant please them.
Have you ever asked why? Privately.
If they deny it outright, perhaps ask the other parent privately what they think is the reason why?
A lot of time i suspect it has more to do with hating themselves and seeing themselves in you.
But leaving it in the dark, only lets it grow and poison everything slowly.

Some times it just might be that it is Christ in you.
Jesus warned us that the world (which sometimes includes worldly parents) will hate you, but he reminds us it Hated Him first.

If you plan to ask, let me know and I will pray for you beforehand.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
First thing, I would stop trying to please them.

K

Kim82

Psalms 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take care of me.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I havent come across that, well at least to my knowledge a lot of the time people will hate me in secret. Backstabbing etc. They see me in person and start being nice and friendly. I have not had that issue with my parents, my dad gave me his details to contact him and my mom was my best friend before she passed away. My grandad and grandma were my best friends. I have no ill feelings to any of the 4.