Paul exposes false application of the law

• Thread starter eternally-gratefull
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I want to thank everyone for the information regarding SDA... im not sure what to make of it so will ask for understanding.

What I will say is that the gentlemen that attend the SDA have all been gentle and full of Love for GOD and anything attributed to EG White is just that.. they may attend the SDA for fellowship and I’m not sure if it is a must to hold EG Whites to be a member..

i dont like to think of the Pharisees mindset being used for all things are to be of Faith that worketh by Love.. so if we have the burden put on folks they will not be moved by Faith to Love GOD and each other but a checklist of do and do nots becoming a law unto themselves.. and the Lord of Sabbath taught us that it is Lawful to do good and that Sabbath was made for man and not man made for Sabbath.. which I believe a person under Grace at liberty should be following...

We can not start measuring each other’s love for GOD by our performance on Sabbath.. that is not Love.

Jul 23, 2017
What I will say is that the gentlemen that attend the SDA have all been gentle and full of Love for GOD
and thats what u gotta look out for.
thats how the mormons get members. its the itching ears, people like folks who are friendly. nobody wants to hear old time hard preachin

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
and thats what u gotta look out for.
thats how the mormons get members. its the itching ears, people like folks who are friendly. nobody wants to hear old time hard preachin

I have not been approached by any of the gentlemen and only ever read of them openly talking about GOD..

i can can not recall any mentioning EG White...

That said I agree that honey will attract as they say but in this case the honey is only proclaiming GOD’s Truth.. I have stated I don’t agree with the mark of the Beast being the One needed to buy and sell etc.. my belief is an allegiance type oath where we would have to deny our Lord to save our lives.. which I know many will refuse.. yet much destruction will come to pass and GOD knows who will remain.. and be their Strength and Refuge..

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Originally Posted by BillG
I thought the Jews were trying to obey God’s commands. Your last sentence says they were not.

Why do you think that? Did Jesus say the Jews were trying to obey God?
I've been gone so I don't know if you responded to the answer and question I asked you. I would like to know where you got the teaching that the Pharisees were trying to obey God. It is really important to clear this up as there are many who falsely preach that the Pharisees were trying to get to heaven by following God's Laws. This is a huge lie and has been the foundation of many deceptive doctrines in Mainstream preaching.

I was hoping you would answer the question regarding your statement; "Where did Jesus say the Pharisees were trying to obey God?" It would help me understand why you would make such a claim as you did. "I thought the Jews were trying to obey God’s commands."

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I was hoping you would answer the question regarding your statement; "Where did Jesus say the Pharisees were trying to obey God?" It would help me understand why you would make such a claim as you did. "I thought the Jews were trying to obey God’s commands."
Here is what Jesus said (Matthew 23:1-3):

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [teach the Law of Moses]

All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

So here is what we learn from this:

1. The scribes and Pharisees were teaching others to observe all that was written in the Law of Moses.

2. Christ told the multitude and his disciples to observe and do what they taught out of the Law of Moses.

3. However, He also warned them not to follow the example of the scribes and Pharisees' hypocrisy, since they themselves did not observe and do what they were teaching others.

4. Furthermore, as we read further in this chapter, they were adding their own man-made interpretations to the Word of God, and seeking the praises of men rather than the praise of God.

E

eternally-gratefull

I've been gone so I don't know if you responded to the answer and question I asked you. I would like to know where you got the teaching that the Pharisees were trying to obey God. It is really important to clear this up as there are many who falsely preach that the Pharisees were trying to get to heaven by following God's Laws. This is a huge lie and has been the foundation of many deceptive doctrines in Mainstream preaching.

So the Pharisee did not think he was getting to heaven because he obeyed the law?

where do you get this from?

Jun 5, 2017
LGF has a link to the "beastsmark" website at the bottom of all of his posts which teaches such dangerous false doctrine. :eek:
Hello All,

I have not spent much time in this thread due to being busy with work, family and posting in other areas. I did make another thread to discuss the topic of God's Law and the Sabbath in another thread but I guess some have not been able to give a reason for the hope that is in them there so they come here where I am not able to answer back.

I must say it is a little disappointing to see certain people here attacking others that are not here to defend themselves. I am not singling out MMD as I see there are others involved as well.

Backbiters are discussed in Romans 1:25-32 as not entering God's Kingdom because they received not the LOVE of the truth that they should be saved.

Could anyone please tell me what is this dangerous doctrine I have been preaching? Most know what I post and talk about.. I share my love for God through his Word because it is my duty of Love to others that may or may not know him.

Only God knows our heart from within and without him it is desperately wicked. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. The eyes can see and the ears hear only as the Spirit of God opens them. Ask and it shall be given you seek and you shall find. If any man hear his voice, knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. Your Words are not directed towards me but to the one who the Word belongs. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him.

I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him.

I share His Word but you do not hear him because you have chosen not to hear his Word to you. I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen. If your mirror is lost or broken how can you find the way that is narrow?

Jun 5, 2017
Do you find something wrong with the teachings in this website below and what the SDA church teaches in regards to the Sabbath and the mark of the beast?

https://www.beastsmark.com

Bible Truth Versus Adventist Truth - Mark of the Beast
Hello MMD

Instead of pointing all to the word of website which are the teachings of men. Please tell us here what it is you believe is wrong and let's have a discussion from God's Word?

Jun 5, 2017
there is nothing wrong with keeping the sabbath. there is wrong with teaching if u dont keep it u lost ur salvation. u really cant see the difference? i dont care how genuine and gentlemen those guys are. thats what u gotta look out for. all the love talk is empty and vain. just like the mormons and jehovah's falsewitnesses get people to join by being so nice. nice dont mean ur right.
Hi Snoozy,

May I ask you some simple questions that you do not need to answer to me or anyone here, but will help address your post and everything you have been talking about to others when I have not been here to defend myself?

We know the SIN is the transgression of God's LAW. If we break God's Law we stand before God guilty of committing SIN. ( James 2:11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20 ). If we break one of God's commandments we are guilty of breaking ALL of them (James 2:8-12).

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Is someone who is professing to be a Christian who is living a life of known UNREPENTANT SIN in a SAVED state before God or an UNSAVED state before God (Hebrews 10:26-27)?

I share God's Word to all that have eyes to see and ears to hear because this is my duty of LOVE to God and my fellow man.
You do not need to reply to this post. I just pray that you may seek God through His Word for yourself because it is only in His Word that any of us have life and can know Him who loves all.

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Jun 5, 2017
From the beastsmark website:

THE MARK OF THE BEAST COMES FROM LEGISLATED LAWS OF ENFORCED SUNDAY WORSHIP AND BREAKING ANY OF GOD"S COMMANDMENTS

RECEIVING THE MARK IN THE FOREHEAD = TO BELIEVE IN SUNDAY WORSHIP AND TO OBEY IT
RECEIVING THE MARK IN THE HAND = TO OBEY (You don't need to believe in Sunday Worship)

God’s seal is His name, character and law written in His people’s hearts and minds. These characteristics are seen in His 7th day Sabbath commandment, which identifies Him as our Creator (Ex 20: 10). God's true followers are identified as those who resist the mark of the beast and keep God's 7th Day Sabbath Holy.

From the nonsda website that exposes the teachings of the SDA church:

Seventh-day Adventists teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday. Following are the main points of this doctrine:

1. Adventists identify the union of Roman Catholicism with civil power as the "beast" of Revelation:

"The beast described in Revelation 13:1-10 is the church-state union that dominated the Christian world for many centuries and was described by Paul as the 'man of sin' (2 Thess. 2:2-4) and by Daniel as the 'little horn' (Den. 7:8, 20-25; 8:9-12). The image of the beast represents that form of apostate religion that will be developed when churches having lost the true spirit of the Reformation, shall unite with the state to enforce their teachings on others."

2. The Catholic Church, in the Dark Ages, changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday, a pagan day of worship.

3. At the end of time, a conflict will arise between those who worship the beast and his image and those who are the true followers of God. What sets these two groups apart is that one group, the true loyal remnant, keeps Saturday as a holy day, and the other group, the fallen and apostate, keeps Sunday as a holy day:

"One class will advocate a gospel of human devisings and will worship the beast and his image... The other class, in marked contrast, will live by the true gospel and 'keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus' (Rev. 14:9,12)... those who reject God's memorial of creatorship--the Bible Sabbath--choosing to worship and honor Sunday...will receive the mark of the beast."

4. At the end of time, those who keep Sunday as a holy day will seek to destroy those who keep Saturday as a holy day. They will pass laws against the Sabbath-keepers, eventually passing a death-penalty for those who keep Saturday holy.
So what dangerous doctrine has been exposed and why is it dangerous?

All through time from Genesis through to Revelation God's Judgement have only fallen on mankind because of SIN. In the time of Noah the World that was then was destroyed because of SIN (Genesis 6:5-13). We all know what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah because of SIN (Luke 17:28-29). All through the Old and NEW Testament writing the judgements of God have only ever come because of SIN. The wages of SIN is death because those that are still IN their SINS have refused God's GIFT of GRACE. As it was in the days of Noah and Sodom so shall it be at the coming of the Son of man (Luke 17:26-28)

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. SIN separates Us from our God (Isaiah 59:2) If anyone is living a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN they will not enter into God's Kingdom and have not seen him who LOVES all and know ALL (Hebrews 10:26-27; 1 John 3:6).

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God? If you are holding on to SIN it will keep you out of God's Kingdom.

Jun 5, 2017
Amen! Even when Sabbatarians set out to worship on the Sabbath, they are not "truly keeping the Sabbath." To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required under the Old Covenant in the Old Testament would involve compliance with regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced. If Sabbath-day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). These were commanded by God to Israel. If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why don't Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person say he keeps a certain law when he keeps only part of it?
Once again you are getting God's Law (10 commandments) mixed up with the Mosaic laws for remission of sin that were shadows of things to come so none of your scriptures apply to your interpretation of the Scripture. Read the commandment here Exodus 20:8-11 and please tell me how your scriptures fit.

If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people. Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh-day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under the Mosaic regulations.
This was true under the civil laws of Moses what you are not telling everyone is that the death penalty was also true for nearly every other one of God's commandments as well. For example; Not honoring your mother and farther (Lev 20:9), Blaspheming or using God’s name in vain (Lev 24:10-17), Idolatry ((Deut 27:15; Deut 7:25-26), serving other God (Deut 13:6-18; 1Sam 26:19), coveting and adultery (2Pet 2:14; John 8:5), evil towards your neighbour (Deut 27:15-26) and yes as the 7th Day Sabbath is one of God’s 10 commandments it was also included and if it was openly broken just like adultery (John 8:5) people were put to death. Breaking God’s Law (10 commandments) is sin (1John 3:4) and the wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23). Nothing has changed and this is also recorded in the New Testament scriptures as well, although we are no longer under the civil, ceremonial, ecclesiastical, Levitical, Sanctuary laws of Moses which were shadows of things to come fulfilled in Christ.

What is it with this perverted Sabbath gospel? Some even go to the extreme that we keep the Sabbath in order to secure salvation (as taught by Ellen White, author and co-founder of the SDA church) which is certainly a "different" gospel and is a disturbing false doctrine to say the least! :eek: Another disturbing teaching by Ellen White is..... those who reject God's memorial of creatorship--the Bible Sabbath--choosing to worship and honor Sunday...will receive the mark of the beast." :eek::rolleyes: Bible Truth Versus Adventist Truth - Mark of the Beast
There is a perverted Gospel alright. What is the false Gospel...................

A counterfeit Gospel is out there. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation.

Why is God's Law important to helping someone to have faith in Christ alone?

Because it is only through the Law of God (10 commandments) that any of us have a knowledge of what sin is (1John 3:4; Rom 3:20; 24). If we do away with God's Law we have no knowledge of sin. If we have no knowledge of sin we have no need of a savior. If we have no need of a savior we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost. "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law." (Rom 2:12).

God's Law shows us that we are sinners in need of a savior. God's Law was given to us that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God (Rom 3:19). It shows us that we are sinners and cannot save ourselves from this disease that we have within us so that we can by Faith lay hold of the promises of God's Words so that Jesus can save us from our sins. Jesus did not come to save the righteous (those that think they do not need saving) but sinners (those that know their need of saving) (Matt 9:12-13; Mark 2:17; Luke 5:32) God's Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ. It will be the basis of the judgement where we will all be accountable to God.

The Law of God is the only way of showing us who we truly are, sinners in need of a Saviour and in this condition we can see for the first time Him who loved us and washed us in His own blood and by faith only lay hold of the promises of God’s Word. (2Pet 1:4) It is here as we believe God that he changes us from living a life of breaking God's Law to a life of walking with him. It is through the operation of God through Love because he first loved us that we follow Jesus not for salvation but because of love. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh (carnal sinful mind) but after the spirit and why Jesus says to his followers, "If you love me keep the commandments" (John 14:15).

People cannot see that this is the operation of God in the believer and assume God's people believe they are saved by their works, when in fact Jesus is saving us from our sins to walk in newness of life in fulfilment of His new Covenant promise (Heb 8:10-12)...... Gods Sheep hear His Voice salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's Law (1John 3:4) whosoever is living in sin has neither seen him nor known him (1John 3:6)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

God bless

Jun 5, 2017
So what about the other regulations that pertained to the Sabbath which were strictly enforced under the Old Covenant?

That's true, now keep coming all the way. ;)

Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day - 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.
Please come to the thread and answer the OP with the 200+ scriptures that disagree with your interpretation of Colossians 2. If you have a case to state I look forward to hearing from you. If you haven't who should be believe God or man? (Linked below). I look forward to hearing from you.
[h=2]GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN? [/h]

Jun 5, 2017
All of the moral precepts of the Ten Commandments are repeated under the New Covenant, except for the command to keep the Sabbath day.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. - Acts 14:15
2. You shall make no idols. - 1 John 5:21
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. - James 5:12
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. - Not binding on the Church - Colossians 2:16-17
5. Honor your father and your mother. - Ephesians 6:1-2
6. You shall not murder. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 John 3:15
7. You shall not commit adultery. - Romans 13:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
8. You shall not steal. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 4:28
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Romans 13:9-10; Colossians 3:9-10
10. You shall not covet. - Romans 13:9-10; Ephesians 5:3

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations (Exodus 16:23; 31:12-18; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21; 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13) was part of a covenant with Israel under the Old Covenant that is not binding on The Church/Christians under the New Covenant. (Colossians 2:16,17)

Hello MMD,

Well that post is NOT true at all, and it seems you missed a lot of scripture for the Sabbath. Here hope this helps.....

God's Law (10 commandments) in the New Testament

1 You shall have no other gods before Me.
It is written: You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve. Luke 4:8, Matthew 4:10, Rev. 14:7

2 You must not make for yourself a carved image, a likeness of anything in heaven, on earth, or under the sea.
God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24, Acts 15:20, 1 Cor. 6:9, Ephesians 5:5, 1 Peter 4:3, 1 John 5:21, Rev. 2:14

3 You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
1 Tim. 6:1, James 2:7

4 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. Mark 2:27-28, Hebrews 4; Matthew 12:8; Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56(Mark 2:28; Matthew 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; 1 Peter 2:20-22; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelations 1:10 Is binding on all mankind today COL 2:14-17 THE REAL TRUTH THREAD (Linked)

5 Honour your father and mother.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Ephesians 6:1, Col 3:20

6 You shall not murder.
I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:44-45, Matt. 5:21-26, Romans 13:9, 1 Tim. 1:9, 1 John 3:15

7 You shall not commit adultery.
I say to you whoever even looks at another in lust has already committed adultery in their heart. Matthew 5:28, 1 Cor. 5:11, 1 Cor. 6:18, Galatians 5:19, Hebrews 13:4

8 You shall not steal.
Neither thieves, the greedy, or drunkards and robbers will inherit the Kingdom. 1 Cor. 6:10, Romans 2:21, Mark 7:21, Ephesians 4:28

9 You shall not bear false witness.
For by your words, you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. Matthew 15:19, Ephesians 4:25, Col. 3:9

10 You shall not covet your neighbours possessions.
Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist of the things he possesses. Luke 12:15, Romans 7:7, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Tim. 6:10, Hebrews 13:5]

You are confusing your rules and regulations with the Mosaic laws written in a book that where shadows of things to come (Colossians 2)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Seems God's Word is true; Every argument sounds good until the other side is heard.....

Jun 5, 2017
yes. lovegodforever is teaching this, he has said it many times. just look at the threads he has started. last page on teh colossians thread its there.
What is is that you are claiming I am saying?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I would just like to clarify that I don’t doubt LGF is full of New wine and though he is part of the SDA he never pushes anything like being shared about SDA.

Always sharing GOD’s Love and Truth.

My honey thought is that it is sweet Truth of GOD so not harmful in this case..

Obviously I can not speak for SDA.. but I will speak for LGF and His Love for GOD that he is patient and a genuine believer.

Jun 5, 2017
I would just like to clarify that I don’t doubt LGF is full of New wine and though he is part of the SDA he never pushes anything like being shared about SDA. Always sharing GOD’s Love and Truth. My honey thought is that it is sweet Truth of GOD so not harmful in this case.. Obviously I can not speak for SDA.. but I will speak for LGF and His Love for GOD that he is patient and a genuine believer.
Thank you for the kind words LM1. Most of the time I read your posts your words are seasoned with the grace that God gives to those that LOVE him, because they love him who first loved us. Love is the fruit that we should all seek from Him who first loved us. It is only found in His Word by faith and that is where we should point all to find him who loves so that we can love him and follow him because God is LOVE.

God bless you sis LM1

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Thank you for the kind words LM1. Most of the time I read your posts your words are seasoned with the grace that God gives to those that LOVE him, because they love him who first loved us. Love is the fruit that we should all seek from Him who first loved us. It is only found in His Word by faith and that is where we should point all to find him who loves so that we can love him and follow him because God is LOVE.

God bless you sis LM1

My lack of clarity.. forgive my short comings.

GOD Bless you.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Here is what Jesus said (Matthew 23:1-3):

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: [teach the Law of Moses]

All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

So here is what we learn from this:

1. The scribes and Pharisees were teaching others to observe all that was written in the Law of Moses.

2. Christ told the multitude and his disciples to observe and do what they taught out of the Law of Moses.

3. However, He also warned them not to follow the example of the scribes and Pharisees' hypocrisy, since they themselves did not observe and do what they were teaching others.

4. Furthermore, as we read further in this chapter, they were adding their own man-made interpretations to the Word of God, and seeking the praises of men rather than the praise of God.
The Pharisees were reading God’s Word every Sabbath so of course as was the custom of Jesus and every faithful example of the Bible, He said to follow God’s instruction. But Jesus also said over and over that the Pharisees were teaching Commandments and traditions of men. They transgressed the Commandments of God by their own traditions. They taught for doctrines the Commandments of men. They were not teaching what they were reading every Sabbath. As Jesus said, they read the truth, but they did not do the truth. As PAUL said, they were heaters of the Word, not doers and therefore they were rejected by Jesus.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
So the Pharisee did not think he was getting to heaven because he obeyed the law?

From the Jesus of the Bible.

John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Matt. 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom. 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

John. 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Matt. 24:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jer. 5:30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Jer. 6:13 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
14 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. (saying "you are saved")

Jer. 29:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.
9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD.

I could go on and on EG.

The Mainstream Christian teaching that the Jews were trying to get to heaven by following God's Laws is a cleaver, subtle lie, but a lie just the same.

Not only did they reject God's Commandments and create their own, it was prophesied that they would do this over and over.

You might be able to twist a scripture or two to further the claim that the Pharisees were trying to please God by obeying Him, but the Bible overall teaches just the opposite.

One such scripture that is used to support this false preaching is:

Rom. 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

The Jews had created their own religion centered around the Levitical Priesthood ceremonial, sacrificial "Works of the Law" for remission of sins and had corrupted the very meaning of this "ADDED" Law. They trusted in the sacrifices and Levitical ceremonies to cleanse them, not Jesus and His Blood.

There are a few undisputed Biblical Truths in the bible. One such truth is the Biblical fact that the Pharisees WERE NOT TRYING TO GET TO HEAVEN BY OBEYING GOD, rather, they were trying to get to heaven by their OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, and were rejected by Jesus because they refused to submit to the Righteousness of God.

So in answer to your question:

I have answered, or rather, I have shown you God's answer. I hope it was clear and thorough enough for you to understand.

E

eternally-gratefull

From the Jesus of the Bible.

John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Matt. 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom. 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

John. 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Matt. 24:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jer. 5:30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Jer. 6:13 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
14 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. (saying "you are saved")

Jer. 29:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.
9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD.

I could go on and on EG.
ok, you posted verses that proved they could not obey the law. In response to where I asked where they did not TRY to get to heaven by obeying the law.

Try again?

I know they did not obey the law. But that is not what I asked.

i asked someone to show where the braises did not already think they were headed to heaven based on their following the law (as most jews did)

can you answer that?

The Mainstream Christian teaching that the Jews were trying to get to heaven by following God's Laws is a cleaver, subtle lie, but a lie just the same.

Not only did they reject God's Commandments and create their own, it was prophesied that they would do this over and over.

You might be able to twist a scripture or two to further the claim that the Pharisees were trying to please God by obeying Him, but the Bible overall teaches just the opposite.

One such scripture that is used to support this false preaching is:

Rom. 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

The Jews had created their own religion centered around the Levitical Priesthood ceremonial, sacrificial "Works of the Law" for remission of sins and had corrupted the very meaning of this "ADDED" Law. They trusted in the sacrifices and Levitical ceremonies to cleanse them, not Jesus and His Blood.

There are a few undisputed Biblical Truths in the bible. One such truth is the Biblical fact that the Pharisees WERE NOT TRYING TO GET TO HEAVEN BY OBEYING GOD, rather, they were trying to get to heaven by their OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, and were rejected by Jesus because they refused to submit to the Righteousness of God.

So in answer to your question:

I have answered, or rather, I have shown you God's answer. I hope it was clear and thorough enough for you to understand.
lol.. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Why do you think they rejected christ? Because they thought they were righteous.

why?

because they had moses law. But not just that, they had more than that, They took moses law and added to it. So you are mistaken, by saying they did not follow moses law. They did, Plus their added laws..

Want proof. just look at the times paul had to confront the jews for trying to revert back to mosaic principles. As a means to gain gods love and forgiveness.

Maybe you just do not want to see it?

Either way My question still stands,. Maybe you can try again to show me because you did not here.