I am blogging the following because I believe some important points were made and made clearly for any who will read. God bless all who hear Jesus Christ, amen.
It is interesting how people, well-meaning, will tell us we must obey our political leaders because they have read so in the Word.
When Paul was taken before the High Priest, Paul back talked him, showing a lack of respect. Now Paul must have thought this man was a political leader of some sort, but he was not aware the man in question was the High Priest, to whom Paul apologized profusely once made aware the authority was the High Priest. And Paul said that it was not allowed to speak tusly to the High Priest for it is written never to speak evil of you leaders in the Law.
Paul already knew Jesus Christ and grace, yet he was obeying certain laws because Israel still existed and teh laws pertained to a theocracy, and the leaders were its priests, with the High Priest supreme.
People who take this law to mean lay politicians are wrong on two counts. One, these lawyers who tell us we are to apply this to our political leaders ae usually the first to say the law is dead, demonstrating their own hypocsrisy. 2. There is not theocratic government in the majority of Christian nations; I would say in none at all.
A Man much wiser than you or I teaches us to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and unto God what is God's. I believe we are all of the Kingdom of God with One High Priest of Whom we would never think to speak evil.
I do render unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and I always have, but never if it conflictss wwith the true and only Authority, our High Priest, Jesus Christ, for Jesus Christ has nothing to do with Caesar.
There are other instances where lawyer grace individuals will bring up the law, while claiming they beleive the law is dead. Suicide is one good example, but there are so many these grace-filled lawyers tend to run to when it is convenient to them.
The only thing that is dead concerning the law is the will to learn from Jesus Christ just how it is to be used lawfully under grace, for none are saved without grace. God bless all in Jesus Christ for they hear Him, amen.