Paul's Revelation Gospel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
When Paul had his revelation of the indwelling Christ, he went into the Arabian desert. Paul was "more zealous than you all" in his religion. I believe after Paul's revelation, he spent some time in the desert getting the message of God so fixed in him that when he came out of the desert he would know what he was talking about.

More importantly is the fact he was God was getting that deep root of religion out of Paul.
Paul knew nothing but the law, and would kill to protect it.
Even though God had revealed Christ in Paul and was giving to him the gospel of Grace, he needed things fixed in him by the HolySpirit. We all have that deep root of religion that God deals with.

Even if you have had a revelation of the indwelling Christ as Paul did, you will go through that desert to get the deep root out.
We have enough law preaching and teaching and those that know nothing but the law.
This is where the believer comes in, all they can do at this point is yield to the HolySpirit. If you are going to go on in the Lord you must yield to the HolySpirit, this is a soul-mind issue. All your pet doctrines and beliefs will be put on a shelf to go on in the lord. If they are that important, the HolySpirit will use them in time. But for the time being you have to be fully surrendered to the HolySpirit, your ideas have got you no where anyway.

The scripture says "many are the plans of a man's heart."
Paul had many plans, he never expected to be confronted by Jesus Christ Himself.
That is the way we are, going along in our understanding and all the sudden, boom you're confronted. Out of no where the HolySpirit begins to nudge you in a direction He is taking you. Into things you know nothing about, things you can't control.
We all come in kicking and screaming, none turns loose on their own, it is always the HolySpirit that spurs you on to revelation.
When I was a law-man I preached out of the Old Testament only. I would feel guilty some times for not preaching out of the New Testiment. I used the types and shadows that pointed to Christ, but never preaching Christ.

I could use the Red Sea experience as God making a way for you. Coming out of Egypt was getting free of the world. It was endless and I loved it. The first message I ever preached as a babe in Christ was out of Ezekiel, how he swallowed the scoll and began to preach.
The point is; what is so near and dear to you may not be so precious to the Lord.
You want to thrill your father, move on, allow Him to take you on this uncharted journey that few will walk. You wont die, you may feel like it for a moment but He knows what you need. He created you special, there is not another like you. He gave you Christ to be your life and expression, He would like for us to know something about that.
He don't care about your religion, He really doesn't care what you believe about a particular subject, He cares about you. He cared so much, He did something about it, and gave His only begotten Son.

Jul 23, 2018
I agree.
But are you inviting discussion?
We need something to freak out over LOL

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Paul adds nothing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, other than his own personal views on certain assembly activities. If youu check what Paul writes, he says that a person should be accursed who teaches a gospel other that that of Jesus Christ, the one Paul taught also.

Jul 23, 2018
Paul adds nothing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, other than his own personal views on certain assembly activities. If youu check what Paul writes, he says that a person should be accursed who teaches a gospel other that that of Jesus Christ, the one Paul taught also.
I think where the rub comes is that there are different messages to the 2 groups.
Hebrews was not written to gentiles.

Us gentiles get it though,because we get schooled in typology.

But the message to the Jew is about their messiah.
The one to the gentile is that we are included.
2 different APPROACHES, one savior.

That concept,causes a nuclear reaction in some people. The heretic card gets invoked.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I think where the rub comes is that there are different messages to the 2 groups.

That concept,causes a nuclear reaction in some people. The heretic card gets invoked.

It is a given that the messages are distinct in nature due to the circumstances bringing about each epistle.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the same as given first ever to Abraham, then the Hebrews by our Lord and finally to the Gentiles...….the Gospel is one Gospel, there is only one Gate possessed by the descendants of Abraham. In thinking about this keep in mind Abraham may be translated as "Honored fater of the nations." Also keep in mind the meaning of Juidah is from Leah stating "I will praise Yahwe." A Hebrew is one from across the river (Jordan). We will all cross Jordan into the Promised land one day. And the meanings in prophecy go on and on but most cannot hear them

John146

Jan 13, 2016
When Paul had his revelation of the indwelling Christ, he went into the Arabian desert. Paul was "more zealous than you all" in his religion. I believe after Paul's revelation, he spent some time in the desert getting the message of God so fixed in him that when he came out of the desert he would know what he was talking about.

More importantly is the fact he was God was getting that deep root of religion out of Paul.
Even though God had revealed Christ in Paul and was giving to him the gospel of Grace, he needed things fixed in him by the HolySpirit. We all have that deep root of religion that God deals with.

Even if you have had a revelation of the indwelling Christ as Paul did, you will go through that desert to get the deep root out.
We have enough law preaching and teaching and those that know nothing but the law.
This is where the believer comes in, all they can do at this point is yield to the HolySpirit. If you are going to go on in the Lord you must yield to the HolySpirit, this is a soul-mind issue. All your pet doctrines and beliefs will be put on a shelf to go on in the lord. If they are that important, the HolySpirit will use them in time. But for the time being you have to be fully surrendered to the HolySpirit, your ideas have got you no where anyway.

Paul had many plans, he never expected to be confronted by Jesus Christ Himself.
That is the way we are, going along in our understanding and all the sudden, boom you're confronted. Out of no where the HolySpirit begins to nudge you in a direction He is taking you. Into things you know nothing about, things you can't control.
We all come in kicking and screaming, none turns loose on their own, it is always the HolySpirit that spurs you on to revelation.
When I was a law-man I preached out of the Old Testament only. I would feel guilty some times for not preaching out of the New Testiment. I used the types and shadows that pointed to Christ, but never preaching Christ.

I could use the Red Sea experience as God making a way for you. Coming out of Egypt was getting free of the world. It was endless and I loved it. The first message I ever preached as a babe in Christ was out of Ezekiel, how he swallowed the scoll and began to preach.
The point is; what is so near and dear to you may not be so precious to the Lord.
You want to thrill your father, move on, allow Him to take you on this uncharted journey that few will walk. You wont die, you may feel like it for a moment but He knows what you need. He created you special, there is not another like you. He gave you Christ to be your life and expression, He would like for us to know something about that.
He don't care about your religion, He really doesn't care what you believe about a particular subject, He cares about you. He cared so much, He did something about it, and gave His only begotten Son.
What's in Arabia? Mt. Sinai (See Galatians 4)

As God gave Moses the OT Law upon Mt. Sinai for the nation of Israel, God would give the NT instructions on Mt. Sinai for the for the NT church made up of mostly Gentiles.

Mar 28, 2016

Included in what have the flesh of a outward Jew?

The gospel was written to mankind.

God is no respecter of the flesh or the clay that he forms Christ in. The work he performs in us does not take away the understand we receive from his word, as to the spiritual understanding.

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

Hebrews which is not a inspired tittle puts no difference between the two Israel's . Those born again and those not converted or a inward Jew born of the Spirit of Christ compared to a outward Jew that sits in the same place as a non converted gentile . One approach as it is written, with the it representing the unseen faith of God . It is the key that the gates of hell could never prevail against. It having nothing to do with the flesh of men who glory in the flesh, as if that it could profit for something?.

The Catholics make the it, represent Peter, making a Hebrew the key that the gates of hell could never prevail against

7seasrekeyed

uh huh. not really

Paul does say exactly let a person be accursed who preaches a different gospel

but you do not hear from Christ what you hear from Paul

I think it is ignorance to state that Paul adds nothing, because if anything, he absolutely does not in any way, shape or form, submit his own views, because if he does, then he does not speak for his Lord at all

I have to say here, that whether or not those who tend to lean towards the law, even though they refuse to say they do, reveal their tendencies when it comes to anything written by the Apostle Paul

please note you say 2 different things. first of all you state that Paul expresses his opinions and then you state that Paul teaches the gospel of Christ

which is it according to you?

I state they are the same and that Paul continued the revelation of Christ that could not be expressed by Christ Himself before his crucifixion and resurrection. one has just to read the gospels to understand that.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

I don't recall where in the Bible, it told of Paul going into any desert, Arabian, or otherwise. :) Could be wrong, though. Only thing I do recall is Paul studying "at the feet" of some "scholar" named? Well? Whatever his name was. Gamaliel, or something like that.

It seems, your OP is directed more towards people who have been believers for some time. But, due to "circumstances", or "situations", found themselves in some "local" assembly, that "taught the basics", concerning faith, repentance, baptism. And, like so many "denominations", behaving like a "part" of the Body of Christ, that had, or has no need, of another "denomination", or a "part" of the body of Christ, which, to me, is why, or how, denominationalism, obtained its "genesis", so to speak. Tradition of men thing, or Tribal elders, sort of behavior, whereby, a certain person wore, or did, or said something, an elder didn't like, or condone, and that one went off and started some "different" fellowship. Let's face it! This has been done for Millennia!

And, let's face this as well! Not everyone can BARE "hearing", let alone "entertaining", thoughts and "nudges" when the Spirit starts instructing one that: "EVERYTHING You learned?" "Is WRONG!" Or? "Ya CAN'T get HERE!!...from THERE!" (aka, trying to get into the Sheeps pen, some other way, then the Sheeps gate!) Which takes this "healing", that Paul (and us as well) went through. As well, as why you stated about, "putting it on a shelf", for use later, if, at that later time, it remains relevant! Where, when one looks back, after being healed and instructed, to that which was held onto so tightly? Realizes, or becomes cognizant, that in the "larger" Spiritual Reality? That which was thought, or believed, to be so necessary? Ehhh!....Not so much, anymore!

Meaning, I pretty much agree with everything you said! Save for the "nudging" of the Holy Spirit. As my experience concerning that, was (how can I say), just a "wee" bit more traumatic! And, a "wee" bit more then the Holy Spirit Itself!

If what you experienced, is anything like I experienced? All I can say is: "WOW!!!"...."What a RIDE!!"..."And, the PARK?" "Is NEVER closed!"

Scary? Oh YEAH! But, the "bennies?" Are WELL WORTH the Price of admission! ;)

7seasrekeyed

you are wrong

the desert it was...hang on and I will find that for you

short answer:

“I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus”
- Galatians 1:11–24

apparently it was 3 years until he presented himself to the original Apostles

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
I don't recall where in the Bible, it told of Paul going into any desert, Arabian, or otherwise.
Gal. 1:17

17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
And, let's face this as well! Not everyone can BARE "hearing", let alone "entertaining", thoughts and "nudges" when the Spirit starts instructing one that: "EVERYTHING You learned?" "Is WRONG!" Or? "Ya CAN'T get HERE!!...from THERE!"
No, I don't believe you can say everything a believer has learned is wrong, it's quite the opposite, Romans 8:29

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Understanding God uses everything anyone goes though for their good. No matter how bad or good, that is the relief the gospel provides the damaged soul.
Health and healing does not come from forgetting what an individual went through. It is the relief of the pain of the old memories are not there in time.
Paul being the greatest psychologist to ever live, other than Jesus.
He spells out to the believer in his epistles true healing of all pain. He was the only one to ever tell us what makes a human being tick.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Again, Paul declares there is but one Gospel, that of Jesus Christ. He also cursed anyone who preached another.

If it being the Gospel of our Lord only, and if Paul seconds this, why the discussion?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[quoting]

"The Apostle Paul declares therefore that the source of his authority and his ministry was higher than man. He received his commission “through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from among the dead.” On the way to Damascus the risen Christ appeared to him in glory and made him an apostle. God the Father, who had raised His Son from the dead and gave Him glory (1Peter 1:21) also made Paul an apostle. To be one of the twelve apostles it was necessary to have been an eyewitness of His deeds and a listener to His words (Acts 1:21). Matthias met this requirement and was therefore divinely chosen to fill the place of Judas. Some teach that Paul should have been put in the apostolate as the twelfth. But Paul could not have been one of the twelve apostles for he did not follow the Lord Jesus during the days of His earthly ministry. He did not know Christ after the flesh, but his acquaintance with Him began when he beheld Him in resurrection-glory. All his ministry, the gospel he preached, the glorious truths he taught, had their blessed source in the risen and exalted Christ. He therefore owned no other source, no other authority, but God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
--Arno C Gaebelein

[bold and underline mine]

NayborBear

Gal. 1:17

17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
Well, there ya go! :)

I had read where he studied at the feet of Gamaliel for 3 years. Which apparently must have been in Arabia. I was just a mite confused. Because it sounded like Paul was "just a truckin" through the desert for 3 years being instructed by the Lord. Like Moses was with the children of Israel! Or like Christ was, when He went out in the desert to be tempted! Only of shorter duration.

Didn't mean to sound like I was, or am "splitting hairs." It's your story, bro! ;)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
uh huh. not really

Paul does say exactly let a person be accursed who preaches a different gospel

but you do not hear from Christ what you hear from Paul

I think it is ignorance to state that Paul adds nothing, because if anything, he absolutely does not in any way, shape or form, submit his own views, because if he does, then he does not speak for his Lord at all

I have to say here, that whether or not those who tend to lean towards the law, even though they refuse to say they do, reveal their tendencies when it comes to anything written by the Apostle Paul

please note you say 2 different things. first of all you state that Paul expresses his opinions and then you state that Paul teaches the gospel of Christ

which is it according to you?

I state they are the same and that Paul continued the revelation of Christ that could not be expressed by Christ Himself before his crucifixion and resurrection. one has just to read the gospels to understand that.
You must be reading your own version of the New Testamet..

In one instance Paul teaches he (his thinking, not Jesus) does not allow a woman to teach.

There are many instances where he openly gives his personal opinion.

If I am ignorant, tht is not hurtful that you say it, because all are ignorant of one thing or another..

If you need more examples of how Paul gives his own views, read his letters, there are many. God bless you for your efforts, and may He keep us all on His Way.

E

eternally-gratefull

Gamamiel was pre conversion, hat is where he studied the art of Judaism, the three years in arabia was different

NayborBear

No, I don't believe you can say everything a believer has learned is wrong, it's quite the opposite, Romans 8:29

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Understanding God uses everything anyone goes though for their good. No matter how bad or good, that is the relief the gospel provides the damaged soul.
Health and healing does not come from forgetting what an individual went through. It is the relief of the pain of the old memories are not there in time.
Paul being the greatest psychologist to ever live, other than Jesus.
He spells out to the believer in his epistles true healing of all pain. He was the only one to ever tell us what makes a human being tick.

Perhaps, you can't! But, everything, I was taught, beyond: faith, repentance, baptism, had to do with the (should I dare say this?)..."THE RAPTURE!"

That was until (how can I say) was LEARNT, that all those "teachings", were for for so much unprofitableness.

Titus 3:9

But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

2 Timothy 2:16

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Which was used as a "crutch", or "excuses", in a W.C. Fields retort way of: "Get away from me kid!"..."Ya bother me!"

So, to me? Ain't nobody going nowhere! As it is so much more profitable not believing in a rapture, then living ones' life in WILLING ignorance, and ungodliness! As we "struggle" with powers of darkness, with principalities, with spiritual wickedness in high places!

E

eternally-gratefull

You must be reading your own version of the New Testamet..

In one instance Paul teaches he (his thinking, not Jesus) does not allow a woman to teach.

There are many instances where he openly gives his personal opinion.

If I am ignorant, tht is not hurtful that you say it, because all are ignorant of one thing or another..

If you need more examples of how Paul gives his own views, read his letters, there are many. God bless you for your efforts, and may He keep us all on His Way.
If paul did not write words inspired from God, His words are useless. And should not be in Scripture Period.