Pentecostal and Charismatic

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Exactly, so don't replace "will cease" with "have ceased".
What will cease in apostolic time has ceased in the modern era.

We no longer seek a Redeemer to come from God because He has already come. We take fulfillment of scriptural promises from future to present as they come to pass.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I'm not sure I correctly understand your question. I knew nothing about the bible with Jesus made himself known to me in a dream....since that time I have read two bible accounts which are similar to my own. Isaiah 6:4-8, and John 20:25-28. Even after all these years, these passages bring tears of EMOTION to my eyes, and I praise God for His grace every day.
My question is for you to examine for yourself how your testimony of salvation aligns with scripture. If it does not align then how are you saved? You need not explain it to me but you need to work it out with God.

Did you experience the emotions of John 16:8-11? I use the word emotions only to reference what you said in your post.

Consider Acts 8:26-40.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

F

FollowingtheLamb

My question is for you to examine for yourself how your testimony of salvation aligns with scripture. If it does not align then how are you saved? You need not explain it to me but you need to work it out with God.

Did you experience the emotions of John 16:8-11? I use the word emotions only to reference what you said in your post.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

F

FollowingtheLamb

For the cause of Christ
Roger
How am I saved? I am saved by the blood of my saviour shed on the cross as the perfect on only atonement for my sinn, my acceptance of this gift from Him and my faith in His resurrection on the third day. That is how I am saved. Not by an imperfect retelling of a divine experience or even the experience itself.
That said, having lived a very obviously sheltered spiritual life ( surrounding myself with loving, kind and caring believers), I am shocked to have come to this website, expecting, under the label of "Christian", to find a body of people of one accord; finding instead unkindness, arrogance and dissention.
But, I live and learn praise God, and as long as I am here, with His help, I will give, instead of offense, encouragement. Instead of arrogance and distain, patience and love.
May God be with you.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
How am I saved? I am saved by the blood of my saviour shed on the cross as the perfect on only atonement for my sinn, my acceptance of this gift from Him and my faith in His resurrection on the third day. That is how I am saved. Not by an imperfect retelling of a divine experience or even the experience itself.
That said, having lived a very obviously sheltered spiritual life ( surrounding myself with loving, kind and caring believers), I am shocked to have come to this website, expecting, under the label of "Christian", to find a body of people of one accord; finding instead unkindness, arrogance and dissention.
But, I live and learn praise God, and as long as I am here, with His help, I will give, instead of offense, encouragement. Instead of arrogance and distain, patience and love.
May God be with you.
I said nothing unkind and I intended no offense. If you had stated you were saved by grace through faith according to the bible and were standing on the shed blood of Christ for atonement of your sins instead of a vision this whole discussion would have been avoided.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

R

Reba1

[QUOTE="How am I saved? I am saved by the blood of my saviour shed on the cross as the perfect on only atonement for my sinn, my acceptance of this gift from Him and my faith in His resurrection on the third day. That is how I am saved........[/QUOTE]
Is it our faith our acceptance or His grace?

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

How does a dead man exercise faith or acceptance ?

@FollowingtheLamb . I removed your name from the quote because I am asking a general question not singling anyone out

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What will cease in apostolic time has ceased in the modern era.

We no longer seek a Redeemer to come from God because He has already come. We take fulfillment of scriptural promises from future to present as they come to pass.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Except... this one hasn't come to pass.

F

FollowingtheLamb

[QUOTE="How am I saved? I am saved by the blood of my saviour shed on the cross as the perfect on only atonement for my sinn, my acceptance of this gift from Him and my faith in His resurrection on the third day. That is how I am saved........

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

@FollowingtheLamb . I removed your name from the quote because I am asking a general question not singling anyone out[/QUOTE]
Speaking for myself, I do not strain at gnats. I simply know that I know that I know. Most importantly my Saviour knows. And the Bible says we "shall know them by their fruits. ", So with the Spirit's help we should be able to recognize one another even though it can be difficult at times. In the medium of chat or threads it can be especially difficult and brings home the important teaching on the power of the tongue( in this case the typed word).It has certainly taught me that I need to read more slowly, carefully and thoughtfully.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
[QUOTE="How am I saved? I am saved by the blood of my saviour shed on the cross as the perfect on only atonement for my sinn, my acceptance of this gift from Him and my faith in His resurrection on the third day. That is how I am saved........

@FollowingtheLamb . I removed your name from the quote because I am asking a general question not singling anyone out[/QUOTE]
A dead man cannot, for a man is destine to live but once and then judgment.

notuptome

May 17, 2013

A dead man cannot, for a man is destine to live but once and then judgment.
Spiritual death is not physical death. Adam died Spiritually not physically when he sinned.

We are born again in Christ not physically but Spiritually. This should be simple to understand.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

R

Reba1

@FollowingtheLamb . I removed your name from the quote because I am asking a general question not singling anyone out
Speaking for myself, I do not strain at gnats. I simply know that I know that I know. Most importantly my Saviour knows. And the Bible says we "shall know them by their fruits. ", So with the Spirit's help we should be able to recognize one another even though it can be difficult at times. In the medium of chat or threads it can be especially difficult and brings home the important teaching on the power of the tongue( in this case the typed word).It has certainly taught me that I need to read more slowly, carefully and thoughtfully.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for not taking offence at my using your quote :)

Again i ask how does a dead man, a spiritually dead man , exercise faith in God ?

F

FollowingtheLamb

Speaking for myself, I do not strain at gnats. I simply know that I know that I know. Most importantly my Saviour knows. And the Bible says we "shall know them by their fruits. ", So with the Spirit's help we should be able to recognize one another even though it can be difficult at times. In the medium of chat or threads it can be especially difficult and brings home the important teaching on the power of the tongue( in this case the typed word).It has certainly taught me that I need to read more slowly, carefully and thoughtfully.

Again i ask how does a dead man, a spiritually dead man , exercise faith in God ?[/QUOTE]
A spiritually dead man could not exercise a faith in the true God. He might exercise a faith in what he thought to be God, or Mary, or St. Thomas, or Allah, Buddah or whomever, but not the living true God. Is that a suitable answer for you?

F

FollowingtheLamb

Again i ask how does a dead man, a spiritually dead man , exercise faith in God ?
A spiritually dead man could not exercise a faith in the true God. He might exercise a faith in what he thought to be God, or Mary, or St. Thomas, or Allah, Buddah or whomever, but not the living true God. Is that a suitable answer for you?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I misunderstand a meaning or what people are really asking. I'm not very bright when it comes to that

R

Reba1

A spiritually dead man could not exercise a faith in the true God. He might exercise a faith in what he thought to be God, or Mary, or St. Thomas, or Allah, Buddah or whomever, but not the living true God. Is that a suitable answer for you?
Sometimes I misunderstand a meaning or what people are really asking. I'm not very bright when it comes to that[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I misunderstand a meaning or what people are really asking So do i :) i do not have the mind to play word games nor do i wish to . My question was direct as is the above reply thanks :)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Speaking for myself, I do not strain at gnats.
Would Jesus ask you to do something He knew you could not do?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

R

Reba1

Would Jesus ask you to do something He knew you could not do?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I do not understand the 'why ' of your reply. Doesn't seem to fit the question?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I do not understand the 'why ' of your reply. Doesn't seem to fit the question?
A Spiritually dead man can and must respond to the gospel. The Holy Spirit lighteth every man that come into the world. Adam made a choice to sin in the garden. Eve was beguiled but Adam chose to sin.

John 3:18-21 demonstrates that all men choose light or darkness.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

R

Reba1

A Spiritually dead man can and must respond to the gospel. The Holy Spirit lighteth every man that come into the world. Adam made a choice to sin in the garden. Eve was beguiled but Adam chose to sin.

John 3:18-21 demonstrates that all men choose light or darkness.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
IS that before or after the dead man is quickened ?