Pentecostal and Charismatic

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abiding

Oh come on thats not whats distracting you

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There are many times it does seem like some folks are sowing discord, but this particular thread on P and C assemblies seems to be a wonderful display of mutual edification and exhortation, and is this not what we are to do as loving family? Yahweh, God, bless all in Yeshua, Jesus Christ, amen.

T

Timofree

I'm a follower of Jesus, which if the Bible's true will involve for those who believe, speaking in tongues, casting out demons, and healing the sick, cleansing the leapers, raising the dead, walking on water etc etc, the greater works...........

I don't care for a label of Pentecostal or Charasmatic though, I just want to follow Jesus. Which happens to be a lot more joyful then I imagined as a non Christian :) shalom

R

rauleetoe

I'm a follower of Jesus, which if the Bible's true will involve for those who believe, speaking in tongues, casting out demons, and healing the sick, cleansing the leapers, raising the dead, walking on water etc etc, the greater works...........

I don't care for a label of Pentecostal or Charasmatic though, I just want to follow Jesus. Which happens to be a lot more joyful then I imagined as a non Christian :) shalom
not all pray in tongues.Paul said this himself,and he prayed in tongues...it does npt say he who is my child will go forth babbling..i do believe much what is seen today is not sincere/genuine.i came out of a pc/charis. church..why do those who consider themselves christian seem to think this is the only church ootion out there..holy roller churches i mean..i went to one for a few years,never laughed..never rolled around..yet i was challenged to yield to the spirit, and even.my wanting it did not help me to receive it..that said, the 'experience' is just that..we are not saved based on emotions or feelings..we walk by faith,not by sight...

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011

This is what bothers me about more charismatic beliefs. A lot of talk about supernatural gifts. To me that is an act of vanity. Where in the bible does it say that a Christian WILL walk on water or that every Christian will possess a supernatural gift?

K

kenisyes

Jesus Himself does not differentiate between natural and supernatural gifts. "Tell John what you see: the blind see (supernatural), the lame walk (supernatural), the poor hear the good news (natural)". The entire NT is more concerned about the fruit of whatever work, or sign is being done. In fact, the Greek words are confused in translation all the time, since we, raised scientifically, think whether or not something is supernatural is important. The Bible thinks the fruit is the thing, and leaves the details of how to God.

The "gifts" of the pentecostals are called "spiritual", not supernatural. It is so sad that when a group discovers an unused Scripture (like the Azusa Street revival did in 1906), that the other churches condemn it. That makes the group more aggressive than ever to prove them wrong. That's a lot of why charismatics talk so much about these things.

If you have ever said, "maybe God wants you to...." under the Holy Spirit's promptings, you have prophesied. If you have ever read a person's real needs, you have shown wisdom, or discernment. There's nothing supernatural or special about letting God lead you to more effective ministry.

Sep 10, 2012
sometimes I think we christians speak a different language from eachother....to be saved means to be saved from God's anger for our sins, His eternal punishment and damnation and there is only one way we can be saved and that is through turning to God in love through Jesus and turning from and hating your sins, knowing that Jesus willingly received the punishment you deserved for your sins in exchange for you receiving His righteousness...being saved does not mean receiving visions and feely good feelings or speaking strange words..anyone who adds those requirements to salvation is placing added burdens on the repentant sinner and blocking their way to true salvation just like the scribes and Pharisees did to the Israelites at the time Jesus was here on earth..it is an abominable thing to do

Jan 26, 2009
I consider ma self as a old school pentecoastal,this is how is see it, i dont think tongues and prophecies is the issue on to show how spiritual you are,i know lot of ppl who speak in tongues and have no life of prayer, 120 ppl got filled in teh holy spirit and tured the world upside down,now we have millions who claim to be full in holy ghost cant even open the bible,
this is one of ma fev him and it says-My goal is God himself
we should get on our knees and know the fullness of God,then what it means to be a life that is hid in christ,then comes the inworking of the holy spirit that will break us then shape us,that will strip us then cloth us, that will cast us down and then lift us,
think am going off topic however dont care if ur baptist,methodist or any denomination u call ur self u belong to, seek him and him alone and he will show u what is right

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
What is wrong with being a pentacostal??
I am
I believe tongues and prophecy is still here, so long as it's spoken in accordance with Gods word
I have seen first hand demonic possession, and deliverance from it
the sick have been healed through the laying of hands
I have been a part of spontaneous worship,
And danced in the spirit
Church is not ment to be a funeral procession but a celebration, after all Jesus is not dead
I would rather attend a church where the pastor is obviously being moved by the spirit and my attention is captured than a pastor that just puts me to sleep

My opinion, like it or not
;)

Amen brother. I always wonder why people who claim to believe in a living God hold His funeral every week.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Make no mistake, the gifts of the Holy Spirit are alive and well and functioning among people who understand them. It's that 'people who understand them' part that's tricky. Yeah it can very easily lead to babbling and disorder and the impression that you are indeed mad. But we're humans. We're imperfect beings trying to understand and wield perfect things that we only see in part here and now. So cut some slack for those of us who choose to pursue them and fumble with it in our typical human fashion.

On the other hand, the next time someone gives a 20 minute interpretation to a 2 minute prophesy, I'm gonna go get the stage hook myself. ;)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Make no mistake, the gifts of the Holy Spirit are alive and well and functioning among people who understand them. It's that 'people who understand them' part that's tricky. Yeah it can very easily lead to babbling and disorder and the impression that you are indeed mad. But we're humans. We're imperfect beings trying to understand and wield perfect things that we only see in part here and now. So cut some slack for those of us who choose to pursue them and fumble with it in our typical human fashion.

On the other hand, the next time someone gives a 20 minute interpretation to a 2 minute prophesy, I'm gonna go get the stage hook myself. ;)
Yahweh, God, is the same yesterday, today and always. So are His children. The gifts are, but this does not say everyone must have every gift. Some gifts are not as showy as healing, the gift of knowledge, tongues and so on, nonetheless, they are gifts. Some pray, some teach, others simply wait on the Lord. Any work is a gift. I have experienced a few of the showy gifts, but to possess the gift of love is always best, always. How anyone can say with knowledge that the gifts are no longer, does not really know anything. The first rule of serving God is to believe Him, amen.

A

AgapeSpiritEyes

In Respect to the Holy Spirit by request of the OP I implore all we are: talking, arguing, some sharing about THE HOLY SPIRIT who is sensitive to everyone loving all delights to be with us able to manifests Jesus in and us through us special in ways through each one of us that no one else can accomplish, give reverence to Him whom is among us so all our dim spiritual eyes that cannot see His fullness or His works perfectly must not obscure Him but we must overcome all our enemies (who are not any of my brothers or sisters in Christ) all obstacles to Give the best of Jesus through us we are His temples.

F

FollowingtheLamb

I was not raised in church or in a Christian home. I had a somewhat dramatic conversion experience in which the Lord appeared to me in a dream.
I have attended different churches over the years as I have moved around the country. I visited all Protestant denominations and non-denominational churches.
I believe that denominationalism is a major stumbling block in the true bible believing church today. If the Holy Spirit is there, I stay and serve.
I believe that the bible is the living, inerrant Word of God, and there is no application or doctrine contained therein that is not true and applicable for today.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I was not raised in church or in a Christian home. I had a somewhat dramatic conversion experience in which the Lord appeared to me in a dream.
I have attended different churches over the years as I have moved around the country. I visited all Protestant denominations and non-denominational churches.
I believe that denominationalism is a major stumbling block in the true bible believing church today. If the Holy Spirit is there, I stay and serve.
I believe that the bible is the living, inerrant Word of God, and there is no application or doctrine contained therein that is not true and applicable for today.
Thread is from 2012.

Nov 16, 2019
It is, but at the same time it helps sort out which churches you should not waste your time checking out. And it does keep misfits out of everyone's churches.

F

FollowingtheLamb

It is, but at the same time it helps sort out which churches you should not waste your time checking out. And it does keep misfits out of everyone's churches.
Although I did give your comment a thumbs up, I must ask, what exactly do you mean by, " misfits"?

Mar 28, 2016
And here I thought that were misfits go to get refitted?