People I would like to meet

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Was Nixon a Catholic?
Funny thing, he actually was a Quaker. One of the Plumbers was Roman Catholic as I recall.

Oh, I should have kept reading the thread.
I'll add is that Quakers are theologically liberal and are pacifists. I haven't read enough history about President Nixon to know what issues he promoted, but seniors claim he was a conservative Republican.

As another aside, G. Gordon liddy was fiscally conservative with a sense of humor.
 
There are 3 groups of Quakers in the USA. Evangelical Friends, Conservative Friends and Liberal Friends. Nixon was associated with the first, Evangelical friends.
 
The only people who can be missionaries to North Korea are Chinese. Anyone else is escorted continually and kept far away from the real North Korea. Chinese come in as traders. They are able to bribe guards to turn a blind eye to the Bibles and such that they bring in. North Korea has topped the list of the most persecuting nations for decades.
Speaking of North Korea.

North Korea updates constitution to require automatic nuclear strike if Kim Jong Un is assassinated: report

 
What is the difference?
Derry is the original name of the Irish town, Londonderry is what the English/Protestants call Derry, they renamed it as part of Northern Ireland, considered their 'territory' as part of the UK.
 

People I would like to meet,​

Derek Prince,
Albert Einstein,
Mahatma Gandhi,
Melchizedek,

Dee45 :):):)
 
There have been some amazing people throughout history and amazing people are alive right now. If you could choose, one living and one departed (dead for those who are very literal), who would you choose?

My pick for someone no longer with is was easy. I'd love to meet Watchman Nee. I would like to know a lot more about his life on earth and how he coped with 20 years in a Chinese prison.

I found those living harder to choose. There are countless unnamed heroes of faith in places like North Korea. I'd like to meet a believer from there, find out how they heard the gospel and how they endured in possibly the most hostile nation to Christianity and the most difficult to hide from the authorities.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts.
Living would be someone I went to college with wondering how they are doing today.
Departed maybe Adam and Eve.
 
Dead? Noah and his family. I can only imagine the horror they must have felt while aboard the ark, knowing that all flesh and the earth itself was being destroyed. Genesis 6:13.

Living? Nobody.
 
Huh, already answered, but when I was younger I wanted to go to London and visit the Queen.
I did go to London, but I didn't visit the Queen I visited my sister instead.

When we got to Buckingham Palace, she wasn't home, so we just stood outside the gate watching the Beefeaters play their trombones to the tune of ABBA

Now she's passed away, (the Queen, not my sister) I guess I'll have to visit the King instead. But he's never invited me, so, I don't know whether he'll be home. I don't think you can just turn up at his house. I'm not a Jehovah's Witness.
 
I haven't really done anything honorary enough to be invited to an investiture.
I don't sing opera, like Dame Kiri Te Kanawa
I'm not in any kapa haka group like the ones who sang Poi E
I am no politician
And I don't have any fancy clothes or shoes or hats

Since my sister doesn't live in London anymore (I've only been once) I don't really have anywhere to stay. So it's not likely I will get to meet the King. Unless he wanted me to weed his garden or something, and sent me a working visa. It would be very expensive.

The Patea Maori Club who sang Poi E said they got to go because Delvanius Prime, the leader of their group, mortgaged his. house and paid for their tickets.

I am in a garden club but we are now so few in numbers that we can't afford a bus trip outside of Auckland, let alone the airfare to London.
 
Dead? Noah and his family. I can only imagine the horror they must have felt while aboard the ark, knowing that all flesh and the earth itself was being destroyed. Genesis 6:13.

Living? Nobody.
Imagine becoming a ship builder before oceans existed, Crazy people arn't really crazy they are just full of faith.
 
  • Like
Reactions: passion84god
Imagine becoming a ship builder before oceans existed, Crazy people arn't really crazy they are just full of faith.
Not just full of faith, but moved by fear too. Hebrews 11:7.

Have you ever considered what it must have been like for Noah, his wife, his sons, and their wives while they were on the ark?

It boggles my mind.

What about the realization that you are now the only 8 people on the earth?
 
Not just full of faith, but moved by fear too. Hebrews 11:7.

Have you ever considered what it must have been like for Noah, his wife, his sons, and their wives while they were on the ark?

It boggles my mind.

What about the realization that you are now the only 8 people on the earth?
They had plenty of animals to look after, so I'm not sure they were too fussed.

Am pretty sure that God created the ocean before the big flood. He created fish and the great whales, as detailed in Genesis.
 
They had plenty of animals to look after, so I'm not sure they were too fussed.
I would have needed plenty of supernatural grace to endure what they did. Basically locked up inside of an ark while knowing that people, animals, and the earth itself were being destroyed outside of it on a grand scale . Even worse, coping with the realization that you would be the only eight people left on the earth when you finally came out of the ark. To me, that is one of the scariest ordeals in all the Bible, if not the scariest.​
Am pretty sure that God created the ocean before the big flood. He created fish and the great whales, as detailed in Genesis.
I agree.
 
Well raining 40 days and 40 nights - for sure.
It rains a lot in Auckland, but a torrential downpour is only supposed to happen once in every 100 years, and it happened on Auckland Anniversary Weekend, I think that was our moment of reckoning.

Nobody drowned, but one man was killed when his house slid off the foundations and crushed him.
Otherwise, lots of damage done and I won't be surprised if we keep on 'developing' our sewage system may not be able to cope, our harbour will dredge up, our motorways could clog, the power will cut out, and we'll all die of mould in our leaky homes., that are full of asbestos. That is, if the volcanoes don't blow us up first.

I can't build an ark, but I can tell others well we need to start living right for God, and Jesus will save us from our sins.