Philippines is the top Christian country in Asia with 93 % Christian population.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
And yet we are one of the poorest nations in Asia. Do you think our Faith-based society is pulling us down?

Is it our faith working against us or our lack of faith holding us back?

Why are the Buddhists of Singapore, the Moslems of Brunei, the Hindus of India or the Shintoist of Japan are better provided than the Christians of our country?

Okay lang sa Tagalog ang sagot :)

B

biscuit

And yet we are one of the poorest nations in Asia. Do you think our Faith-based society is pulling us down?

Why are the Buddhists of Singapore, the Moslems of Brunei, the Hindus of India or the Shintoist of Japan are better provided than the Christians of our country?

Maybe it is quantity versus quality??? Like many Christian nations, most followers are more or less "lukewarm" or hypocrites. By comparison, look at Singapore.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2013
I don´t know if that is true (the percentage of christians) but poverty is all over the world, until the time anyone else, but you, get rich, and poverty doesn´t affect you any more.

Then several questions would arise:

Does religion help you to be rich or to enjoy happines?

While being rich or poor (materially) where´s your heart set on? Jesus said: "Where your heart is..."

Will you be loved and liked for being the one you are or for the things you have got?

I rather stay as I am. I could be content with me (here or elsewhere) but I think I could like people like Asian (though I don´t like walking in the mist of crowds) I´m not gregarious! Are there megachurches? (I will not attend, then)

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
Maybe it is quantity versus quality??? Like many Christian nations, most followers are more or less "lukewarm" or hypocrites. By comparison, look at Singapore.

Good point. Can you expand your answer?

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
Then several questions would arise: Secularhermit, Hi

Does religion help you to be rich or to enjoy happiness? Why do you think religion can make one be rich or happy? I was referring to the faith-based society of the Philippines

While being rich or poor (materially) where´s your heart set on? Jesus said: "Where your heart is..." Most modern and rich countries have Christian Majority

Will you be loved and liked for being the one you are or for the things you have got? I can be both, why not?

I rather stay as I am. I could be content with me (here or elsewhere) but I think I could like people like Asian (though I don´t like walking in the mist of crowds) I´m not gregarious! Are there megachurches? (I will not attend, then) You should stay as you are BUT you should come and visit because " There is more fun in the Philippines"

G

GentleServant

First, How do we define and understand christianity?

If it is a religion, Yes it could make you rich or poor.

If we define it as a relationship to God, then earthly richness and poorness doesn't matter and make sense anymore. What matters most to us is not of this world but what is eternal.

So if you are having a difficulties in understand why a christian country is one of the poorest (earthly), i can give you two answers

Assuming that 93% is real Christians.
1. Because we are the richest (heavenly) people in the world and God want us to learn how to stay humble.
2. Lets check our hearts. do we treasure heavenly things or earthly things? [h=3]Matthew 6:21 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. [/h]
If our heart is with God then earthly things is secondary. if we desire more of earthly things than those who are eternal then maybe our heart is not with God.

For me it is ok to die poor. hehe. I was born naked i will go back to God also naked.

May 3, 2013

If we define it as a relationship to God, then earthly richness and poorness doesn't matter and make sense anymore. What matters most to us is not of this world but what is eternal.

So if you are having a difficulties in understand why a christian country is one of the poorest (earthly), i can give you two answers

1. Because we are the richest (heavenly) people in the world and God want us to learn how to stay humble.
2. Lets check our hearts. do we treasure heavenly things or earthly things? Matthew 6:21 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

If our heart is with God then earthly things is secondary. if we desire more of earthly things than those who are eternal then maybe our heart is not with God.

For me it is ok to die poor. hehe. I was born naked i will go back to God also naked.
Good!

Adding nothing you haven´t said, I was reminded of this paul said: Php 4:15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only.

(Poor people, by the way).

And, as far as I have read Paul´s letters, those who were the 1st Philippians gave their lives to the Lord.

Php 4:12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

Patnubay

May 27, 2014

2. Lets check our hearts. do we treasure heavenly things or earthly things? Matthew 6:21 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Good point, Gentleservant,

But let me challenge you. Is it truly God's design that we remain a poor nation to hold us humble or it is our ill-defined understanding of our faith that we think that it is alright to be a poor nation. That it is safer for us being Christians to remain poor so we do not go astray and be away from God?

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
Good!

Adding nothing you haven´t said, I was reminded of this paul said: Php 4:15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only.

(Poor people, by the way).

And, as far as I have read Paul´s letters, those who were the 1st Philippians gave their lives to the Lord.

Php 4:12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
secularhermit,

Why is it that it has to be always "rich but bad" or "poor but good". Surely, in this modern world, we've seen a lot of good rich people or good rich nations.

B

biscuit

Good point. Can you expand your answer?
I wish I had the time to research/google the info but I will give you a brief summary.

It is very important that the status quo embrace Christianity in its purest form and filter it down to the masses. Or it can be the reverse as it was seen when Christian were martyred in Rome but eventually they were accepted. Both ways work but the former is best in this new millennial age. The government, school system and churches and the wealthy elite can have an incredible, everlasting influence on the people when they show unity in Christianity. The influence of Christianity got several incredible breaks from the King/Emperor of Italy. The United States receive its power, strength and unity when it rescued Europe from Nazi Germany and freed the Jews from the concentration camps. The U.S. was also the first nation to accept Israel as a sovereign nation and became her protector over the decades. It is these types of actions that will receive additional blessings from God.

The country Haiti professes to have a high percentage of Catholic worship (83%) but many of them embrace Voodoo also. As a matter of fact, Haiti embraces Voodoo as it official religion. And it wonder why it is regarded as one of the poorest nations in the world while her neighbor Dominican Republican is a U.S. protectorate and fair very well economically. Haiti is avoided at all cost by the U.S. Americans & Westerners consider Voodoo evil and Satan's tool.

I hope I have been of help.

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
I wish I had the time to research/google the info but I will give you a brief summary.

It is very important that the status quo embrace Christianity in its purest form and filter it down to the masses. Or it can be the reverse as it was seen when Christian were martyred in Rome but eventually they were accepted. Both ways work but the former is best in this new millennial age. The government, school system and churches and the wealthy elite can have an incredible, everlasting influence on the people when they show unity in Christianity. The influence of Christianity got several incredible breaks from the King/Emperor of Italy. The United States receive its power, strength and unity when it rescued Europe from Nazi Germany and freed the Jews from the concentration camps. The U.S. was also the first nation to accept Israel as a sovereign nation and became her protector over the decades. It is these types of actions that will receive additional blessings from God.

The country Haiti professes to have a high percentage of Catholic worship (83%) but many of them embrace Voodoo also. As a matter of fact, Haiti embraces Voodoo as it official religion. And it wonder why it is regarded as one of the poorest nations in the world while her neighbor Dominican Republican is a U.S. protectorate and fair very well economically. Haiti is avoided at all cost by the U.S. Americans & Westerners consider Voodoo evil and Satan's tool.

Quite an interesting perspective. :)

May 3, 2013
secularhermit,

Why is it that it has to be always "rich but bad" or "poor but good". Surely, in this modern world, we've seen a lot of good rich people or good rich nations.
Sir, the problem is when I envy what others natiosn or people have. I don´t covet! I´m glad what I´ve got. Be rich or poor as you want, sir. I´m not absolutely resentful for not having what others had. And the more I had, the less I tried to abide in God´s will. That is my problem, sir. That´s why I like this narrow frame. ;)

P.S.

Besides, I have a real brother whose concerns are so settled in those manner that he became too lazy and everyday seems to be grumpy in those matter that now I know why he lacks food or regular jobs.

Last edited:
May 3, 2013

I had a personal friend there in DR. She is a Christian millitary and she has also confirmed me that Haiti has weird things other people have written online. There was a time I heard their borderline somehow is dark in their see, so there are not enough fishes on the Haitian side and evil forces seemed to be working against Hatians (I don´t know how to tell it! But that seems to be something like "Bad luck") and of course, it´s not "luck".

When I worked for the US Embassy, in Caracas. I saw a Jewish man whose visa to enter USA said something like: "it never expires" (something as indetermined expiration... I don´t remember the exact word in Spanish). So I got shocked, because he was so kind, so humbly dressed that I do still remember he wasn´t like those who want to be showy, someon who was not visually impressive.

Last edited:
B

biscuit

I had a personal friend there in DR. She is a Christian millitary and she has also confirmed me that Haiti has weird things other people have written online. There was a time I heard their borderline somehow is dark in their see, so there are not enough fishes on the Haitian side and evil forces seemed to be working against Hatians (I don´t know how to tell it! But that seems to be something like "Bad luck") and of course, it´s not "luck".

When I worked for the US Embassy, in Caracas. I saw a Jewish man whose visa to enter USA said something like: "it never expires" (something as indetermined expiration... I don´t remember the exact word in Spanish). So I got shocked, because he was so kind, so humbly dressed that I do still remember he wasn´t like those who want to be showy, someon who was not visually impressive.
Many Westerners are just afraid of Haitians and their voodoo worshipping. France, pretty much, has nothing to do with them. Voodoo is considered to be one of the 'darkest form' of satanism. The island can be one of the most successful tourist attraction in the Caribbean or world if they can shake off the voodoo culture, and unfortunately it can't.

May 3, 2013
They CAN, but they´re unwilling to turn from... Just another thing (sin). Venezuela is turning to idolatry (more than ever). Cubans brought their EVIL santeria and those religious things "they said" are part of the Yoruba culture (idolatry?) and I see, myself, how Venezuela is losing pro$perity, $ecurity, and it is a spoil Chinese, Rusians are taking advantage of for "our" being idolaters and pro-comunist (believed or not, communism was designed to make people "iquals", but debased! bugged down!)

Last edited:
B

biscuit

They CAN, but they´re unwilling to turn from... Just another thing (sin). Venezuela is turning to idolatry (more than ever). Cubans brought their EVIL santeria and those religious things "they said" are part of the Yoruba culture (idolatry?) and I see, myself, how Venezuela is losing pro$perity, $ecurity, and it is a spoil Chinese, Rusians are taking advantage of for "our" being idolaters and pro-comunist (believed or not, communism was designed to make people "iquals", but debased! bugged down!)
WOW!! It sounds as though Venezuela, U.S and world are going through one heck of a transformation. I guess we are in the endtimes, last days & latter days. It will only get worse and few will be spared.

Patnubay

May 27, 2014
Sir, the problem is when I envy what others natiosn or people have. I don´t covet! I´m glad what I´ve got. Be rich or poor as you want, sir. I´m not absolutely resentful for not having what others had. And the more I had, the less I tried to abide in God´s will. That is my problem, sir. That´s why I like this narrow frame. ;)

P.S.

Besides, I have a real brother whose concerns are so settled in those manner that he became too lazy and everyday seems to be grumpy in those matter that now I know why he lacks food or regular jobs.
Fair enough. God bless your way, brother

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
93% Christian? or 93% Roman Catholic?

For me it's

5% Christian
2% other Religion/Faith
93% Roman Catholic

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
Ha! Ha! Smart remark.

Are they really Christians or followers of man-made traditions?

:)

L

Last

93% Christian? or 93% Roman Catholic?

For me it's

5% Christian
2% other Religion/Faith
93% Roman Catholic
Catholics are Christian. I think you mean 2% other, 5% protestant, 93% Catholic.