Phone a friend

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 14, 2020
North Carolina
aw. How about setting up whats ap or if you are on facebook you can talk to people.

if you have facetime or skype you can do that too although I only do that with my sister who lives halfway around the world. If you dont want to show yourself on the video just do the voice function. Its free if youve got broadband already set up.
Thanks for the info. I actually do have Skype and put my Skype contact info on my profile. So if anybody reads this and want to say hello that would be great. :D I don't mind anybody seeing me but yes just the audio part is nice too, just like using a phone.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i dont have skype but I do have facetime. sometimes the picture cuts out though.
facebook actually is better for video, and audio, but you need to be a fb member.

Mar 14, 2020
North Carolina
i dont have skype but I do have facetime. sometimes the picture cuts out though.
facebook actually is better for video, and audio, but you need to be a fb member.
I don't do the facebook thing. You should get Skype, its totally free to download and use on your phone or computer, ipad, etc. Google Hangouts is another that is totally free to use and is the same as Skype.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you are on google hangouts could talk there but I havent used it in ages so would have to download it again, same with skype. Have you found someone to chat with yet?

Mar 14, 2020
North Carolina
if you are on google hangouts could talk there but I havent used it in ages so would have to download it again, same with skype. Have you found someone to chat with yet?
Hi, sorry just now signing back in here. I haven't talked to anyone yet except myself and the dog. :) Just message me if you do download either or look for my Skype info on my profile if you download the Skype. Not sure of the time difference there but I will check back on here later.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok maybe later on when Im up. I just checked in, woke up and its nearly 5am here. I sometimes wake at odd hours and then go back to sleep.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I couldnt download skype but can go in google hangouts..PM me you email if you have a gmail.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hey..
thats so weird I dont pay anything (unless its draining my bank account without my knowledge??) I will try to PM you but I have sent you email already

Mar 14, 2020
North Carolina
hey..
thats so weird I dont pay anything (unless its draining my bank account without my knowledge??) I will try to PM you but I have sent you email already
Maybe its a thing where guys have to pay but ladies don't? I don't know. lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i dont know maybe if you live in a certain country with money you have to pay or something

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well im not on fb anymore since it pretty much crashed my computer when the anti virus expired.
So cant phone anyone on there anymore.

another chat could try is wechat. I used to have msn messenger but that has since crashed and now on mac and upgraded so things should work better.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
hey..
Maybe its a thing where guys have to pay but ladies don't? I don't know. lol
It's an age of account thing. The subscription system is relatively new to the forums and users who were here prior to the system being instituted are grandfathered.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
this is harder than I thought would be lol.

The thing when phoning a friend is getting the timing right.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
... operaters are standing by... how may I direct your call🙂

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I may not make a very good friend. If someone calls me and Im having lunch, I tell them I will call them back. Like I dont drop everything and talk with my mouth full of food. Also, I dont txt back immediately cos I run out of credit on my phone. I also dont call people for no reason.

I know some people expect this of friends but I am just not that kind of friend. And sometimes Im not happy and I dont fake being happy or lie about my feelings. Some people call me to find out whats going on with other people but I just say why dont you just call them and I give them their number. Im not here to talk about other people.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well...
that didnt work lol

thankful if you still there Im sorry. Been way to busy to call ppl, and when people have called me ive been busy in another call talking to other people or my family need to use the phone.

I also find it rather annoying when people ring me when Im asleep, but they probably dont know how much I like to nap...I usually reserve phone calls for emergencies. Usually I put people on speaker so I can have hands free.

been using zoom and facetime quite a bit though. Im thinking of putting a timer limit on my phone so if someone wants to talk over half an hour it cuts off. If theres no news to report or emergency i dont call people as I find it rather intrusive to be interrupted in the middle of something.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had a chat with another librarian just before and we did ramble on for about 40 minutes about stuff to do with work. even though my issues couldnt be solved, at least she understood. I dont feel I can really 'talk shop' with someone who doesnt truly understand it.

with some people though you get the feeling they want to prolong the conversation with small talk and questions so I try to think of conversation stoppers like I need to go to bed now. What I mean is with friends is they do understand without you having to explain everything or spell it out. Thats the difference between a friend and a therapist, aside from paying them, a therapist will at most only pretend to understand what you are going through.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
God is like that and He is on call 24/7.
I can only put my trust in the lord as he is more likely to be helpful and also its free and can be done anytime, So is it to hear from him, its free and can be done anytime.