Pity Party pt. 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter MissCris
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MissCris

Guest
There were warning signs. Of course there were. His temper- he often threw things, or blamed me for things I'd had no part in, belittled me, hid things, purposely embarrassed me in public, isolated me.

I knew, but didn't...care? I'm not sure now why I married him, knowing what I did.

It was a marriage full of verbal and emotional abuse and manipulation, lies...he flirted with other women in front of me. He went out to bars and parties with them. He went away for work each week and left me with no car and no money. He compared me to other women, wanting me to change my appearance to suit his whims. He threw things at me sometimes, blew our money so we could barely eat, let alone pay rent or other bills. He shared a hotel room with a female coworker and thought I should be ok with that. He kissed a hooker once.

I cheated on him. There is no justification for it. I was hurting and angry and desperate for love and kindness, but I was wrong.

I left several times. I kept going back because...what else was I going to do? Better the hell I knew than an uncertain future.

I told him about my affair, and he took me back. I was...grateful. For a while, things seemed better; I re-dedicated my life to Christ shortly before finding out I was pregnant with our son. We moved closer to family, had our baby, started a garden. I was learning to love him again.

And then...in the midst of this spark of hope, I found out I was pregnant again. I wasn't ready. I became angry and bitter, and my husband resumed his old behavior. I was trapped. By the time I had my little girl, things were as bad as ever- only worse, because now we had kids. He would come home from work full of criticism and insults and demands, never noticing that I was barely keeping it together, what with trying to care for two babies, the house, him, the yard, the bills, the stupid cats...he just kept asking for more, and I cracked; I stopped doing anything but taking care of the kids, and working in the yard planting flowers and painting wagon wheels.

He thought the flowers were a waste of time and he thought my wagon wheels were stupid.

His mother lived with us for about a month in the fall- on top of everything else, I was being constantly criticized by her about the kids.

I had been coming here to CC for several months by then, and honestly, this place was the only thing that helped me maintain any sanity. I had good friends here. The people here made me feel like I was worth something, and because they treated me that way, I started to believe that maybe I did have value, more than my husband or even my family ever thought I did.

I realized that there are good men out there who don't act like my husband.
I realized that my kids were going to end up like him, or me, and I couldn't let that happen.

When my biological father died right before Thanksgiving last year, something in me...snapped. I was done when my husband yelled at me on the day of my dad's death, over a turkey fryer.

A. Turkey. Fryer.

I made plans to leave, but I had to wait. Christmas was coming...I had nowhere to go...

But I made it. I got out.

Nothing about life since then has been easy. Every decision has been hard and scary. There's been a lot of pain. I've lost every single person I could lean on. My family has basically abandoned me because they want me to fix my marriage. The only girl friend I had has distanced herself from me. My best friend...the most amazing and wonderful person I know...I pushed him away and I don't know if there's any going back at this point.

I have no choice but to rely on The Lord.

I've never stood on my own two feet before; I either leaned on those around me, or laid down and waited to be rescued.

I am not a little girl anymore. I am a grown woman, a mother, a daughter of the Most High. I'll not hide away, or crumble under the pressure, or wallow in despair.

I've made bad choices, and I've hurt too many people, and I've ruined the good things in my life because I was clinging to my pain.

I'm done. I'm letting it go, and I am moving forward, and I am once again giving my life to Christ.

Lord, I am Yours. Take my hand and show me the way...Your way.

(Yes, I'm really going now. For a while.)

 
Before you go I pray that you read this.....im sorry weve never meet.....maybe now
is when God wanted me to reach to you......for whatever this is worth.....
I lived your life....I have felt this pain.....that was 25 years ago....I left too....thought
I lost everything....but if you are interested in talking....we can share...I can tell you
my outcome...and the promises God delivered to me.....the future isnt as bleak as you
think...im praying for you baby girl....and whether I ever speak to you ...I will be praying
for you......May you find what your searching for.....
Your sister in Christ......joanne
Peace and love find you....
 
Don't go. You are performing a good work for the Lord here. You have had a traumatic life and you need peace. And help. You have a long ways to go yet but the Lord will be with you every step of the way.

My late wife used to love her crafts. If she were alive right now she would be painting wagon wheels and put them out in the backyard next to the flower beds. On the ground there would be her little animals that she made and painted. She is with Jesus now and no longer in pain. She is holding her little girl who she never held as she died at birth at 2 days of age. When her daughter gets a little older she will show her how to paint wagon wheels and other delightful little objects. The truth is she is now more alive than I will ever be on earth. All of the little objects she made for me are gone except for my little ceramic bear. Flowers are dead, and the weeds have taken over.
 
You are an awesome woman Cristen. You've always inspired me with your fighting spirit and your hidden flame. And i'm now more impressed with you than i was in the past. We're all here for you. Keep fighting til you find that hope and promise that you know is ahead of you, even if it's hard to see sometime. But deep down you know it's there. And in the end it will be worth every bit of struggle to reach that goal.