Plan-B

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 24, 2013
No matter what side of the moral issues anyone is, the fact is, people of all ages are going to fornicate. No matter if they have proper education or not. And I think it would be a horrible tragedy not to have these type of things available for EVERYONE and ANYONE. We can't pretend like it won't happen. We have to acknowledge the truth. I absolutely support it's accessibility to everyone. They seem to already be a poor decision maker anyway, the last thing they need is children.
Very true. As I said in my post on here. Kids WILL learn about sex no matter what. Now would you rather it be some random kid from school who uses all the wrong terminology and thinks he knows what the opposite sex wants? Or would you rather it be from a licensed professor or teacher who knows all the ins and outs of preventing pregnancy and disease and knows how to make it safe and enjoyable for everyone.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
No matter what side of the moral issues anyone is, the fact is, people of all ages are going to fornicate. No matter if they have proper education or not. And I think it would be a horrible tragedy not to have these type of things available for EVERYONE and ANYONE. We can't pretend like it won't happen. We have to acknowledge the truth. I absolutely support it's accessibility to everyone. They seem to already be a poor decision maker anyway, the last thing they need is children.
I completely understand what you mean but saying its gonna happen anyway so we might as well go ahead and pass this stuff out probably isn't something God likes.
By making this so easily accessable will likely increase more sexual activity. Then if we don't make it accessable we have other issues. The world has gone downhill. Morals are gone.

Then there is the issue with states allowing minors to recieve birth control without parental consent. NYC children can actually go to their school nurse to get Plan-B.l and mommy and daddy dont have to know. I have HUGE issue with this.
The school nurse can teach my 11 year old child how to use a condom but be fired for mentioning God.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Very true. As I said in my post on here. Kids WILL learn about sex no matter what. Now would you rather it be some random kid from school who uses all the wrong terminology and thinks he knows what the opposite sex wants? Or would you rather it be from a licensed professor or teacher who knows all the ins and outs of preventing pregnancy and disease and knows how to make it safe and enjoyable for everyone.
How about learning from PARENTS? Did you forget about them?

K

Kisses1990

I completely understand what you mean but saying its gonna happen anyway so we might as well go ahead and pass this stuff out probably isn't something God likes.
By making this so easily accessable will likely increase more sexual activity. Then if we don't make it accessable we have other issues. The world has gone downhill. Morals are gone.

Then there is the issue with states allowing minors to recieve birth control without parental consent. NYC children can actually go to their school nurse to get Plan-B.l and mommy and daddy dont have to know. I have HUGE issue with this.
The school nurse can teach my 11 year old child how to use a condom but be fired for mentioning God.

I never said anything about passing something off like it's no big deal. Also, accessibility won't increase or decrease sexual behavior by any significant amount. The burning loins of most idiot kids won't even consider using condoms or anything despite it being taught. They are going to have sex regardless if it's safe. They just won't care. At that age, many kids think they are invincible and that they know everything. They are at a rebellious teen phase and they won't care.

Bottom line, it SHOULD be available to ALL!!!!

C

colalella2891

I think it's terrible that people that young are having sex, let alone buying birth control. It's not just the fact that it's pre-marital, but the fact that they're still just children... My high school was like that. Everyone in my class was doing all kinds of stuff that some parents didn't think would happen until college. I'm 21 and i'll admit i'm still not ready to be intimate with a person.

However, it's better for them to be on birth control than to get pregnant. So if they're going to be sexually active they might as well just be on it.

H

HollyLoree

There is no reason to take this medication unless you've already had intercourse. If you have sex then you should be fully aware of what could happen.
There is a very fine line to whether plan-B is morally right or wrong. Why take the risk of being morally wrong? Also, the fact you're using science to defend your argument rather than the word of God does show that your view of whether its acceptable or not is a bit worldly.

Just because science says somthing is "ok" or gives detail of a process doesn't mean God finds it acceptable.
I'd say this is squeezing out the gnat and swallowing the camel. You're worried that somewhere somehow stopping a fertilized egg from implanting; and thereby, beginning to develop into a fetus MIGHT be immoral? What about the people that are actually involved? The parents, the potential baby, for that matter! Life is freaking HARD, even under the best of circumstances! Simply allowing a baby to be born into this world ultimately dooms a baby to live out a hard life, experiencing all the sorrows and hardships that go along with it, a life that ultimately ends in physical death, including whatever suffering is involved in THAT. This is ridiculous to nitpick this too death. If you haven't got a consciousness involved, then you haven't got a person! And if there's no person involved, no one's being murdered. Every egg that leaves the sack is a potential human being. The Catholics don't believe in birth control at all for that reason. Why do we over think these things to freaking death? I can't help but wonder.

B

Batman007

That's actually a good question, and they are similar as they all prevent fertilization.

The moral issue I have is they're available for anyone. They don't promote abstinence. Yes, safe sex is important which is why it should be reserved for marriage.
Yet it's not the "in" thing to promote abstinence. This is a moral issue with me because of there are too many sexually active children out there. Of course we can't teach morals and what the bible says in school so what do ya do?
Am I making sense? I'm multitasking at the moment so who knows what I'm saying. Lol
It's not Plan-B's job to promote abstinence.

L

livingepistle

What are your thoughts on this? I myself believe that 14-15 years of age is way too young to be able to pick up this birth control and use without parents consent.
Where do you think this will lead to next?
It does not matter, they do not need their parents permission any longer. This be sad truth.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I never said anything about passing something off like it's no big deal. Also, accessibility won't increase or decrease sexual behavior by any significant amount. The burning loins of most idiot kids won't even consider using condoms or anything despite it being taught. They are going to have sex regardless if it's safe. They just won't care. At that age, many kids think they are invincible and that they know everything. They are at a rebellious teen phase and they won't care.

Bottom line, it SHOULD be available to ALL!!!!
Believe it or not I am we'll aware how teens are and how they believe they're invincible. I was younger than you when I became pregnant.
I'm also aware how kids think they know more than those who are grown adults and those who have experience or lived through it.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
That only goes so far. They aren't licensed health professionals.
That's your argument? Not a health professional?
You do realize that you don't have to be a health professional to understand or educate others about sex don't you?
I'm not in the medical field and even I know how babies are made.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I'd say this is squeezing out the gnat and swallowing the camel. You're worried that somewhere somehow stopping a fertilized egg from implanting; and thereby, beginning to develop into a fetus MIGHT be immoral? What about the people that are actually involved? The parents, the potential baby, for that matter! Life is freaking HARD, even under the best of circumstances! Simply allowing a baby to be born into this world ultimately dooms a baby to live out a hard life, experiencing all the sorrows and hardships that go along with it, a life that ultimately ends in physical death, including whatever suffering is involved in THAT. This is ridiculous to nitpick this too death. If you haven't got a consciousness involved, then you haven't got a person! And if there's no person involved, no one's being murdered. Every egg that leaves the sack is a potential human being. The Catholics don't believe in birth control at all for that reason. Why do we over think these things to freaking death? I can't help but wonder.
And maybe you should read all posts and responses before jumping to conclusions and babbling

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
That's your argument? Not a health professional?
You do realize that you don't have to be a health professional to understand or educate others about sex don't you?
I'm not in the medical field and even I know how babies are made.
While that may be true, than is far more to sex than just simple procreation

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
While that may be true, than is far more to sex than just simple procreation
Really now? Please, tell me more. I had no idea.

Of course I don't expect much from the world today as far as morals, and so on. You know alot about me, and know I haven't always walked the correct path. I struggle. I fall, and then I have regrets.

I will say that I will forever have issue with the fact that now if you're a teen and get pregnant you get your own segment on a reality show on MTV.

B

Batman007

Really now? Please, tell me more. I had no idea.

Of course I don't expect much from the world today as far as morals, and so on. You know alot about me, and know I haven't always walked the correct path. I struggle. I fall, and then I have regrets.

I will say that I will forever have issue with the fact that now if you're a teen and get pregnant you get your own segment on a reality show on MTV.
I think most people agree that's really messed up (and people, if you don't like these types of shows stop watching them! Because the more views they get, the longer they're going to be on air). Society has a LOT of problems and it's going to be difficult to find anyone who disagrees with what you said there. Teenage sex and teen pregnancy shouldn't be encouraged.

However, it should be safe!

J

jerusalem

essentially this girl was raped twice. first by the rapist who apparently went punishment free and again by society for giving her this 'covrr up' medication compounding the crime. i havent heard the actual report..........

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
‘Pedophile Protection’: Rapist Takes Young Girl to Planned Parenthood for an Abortion to Hide His Crime | TheBlaze.com

For those wanting to know, it's already happened. A child was raped and forced to take the Plan B pill.
Man if you read it literally said she had an abortion...there is a huge difference between the plan B pill and an abortion.

essentially this girl was raped twice. first by the rapist who apparently went punishment free and again by society for giving her this 'covrr up' medication compounding the crime. i havent heard the actual report..........
He actually was sentenced to 7 years in prison and to be deported once released.

People really should read articles before forcing them into their arguments. There is literally nothing about the pill in this. Thanks for the fact-spinning and fearmongering though. It's been a pleasure.