Plans for My Physical Limitations - Can you add?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
This morning I was thinking how Jesus said we would be pruned if we were "bearing fruit". The image of branches being cut back brought another picture - I have had parts of myself cut out!

Cutting away of parts of the grapevine is creative, but all pain and suffering is not creative. It can be difficult to separate good suffering from bad suffering because we live in a society which is in hectic pursuit of happiness. Viewed as an enemy, it will be resisted and fled from at every opportunity.

Yet, if the goal of my life is not about happiness, but about living, I realize that living cannot exist without some suffering. So instead of running from it, I chose to move with it or through it - and with creativity. That is why I made "plans" posted earlier.
I never thought I would be in this position, but when I worked as a hospice chaplain, I used to work with the ones dying to make a plan for each loss they would experience as it came.

One lady knew she would eventually lose her eyesight - so we talked about a plan for her. Crazy, funny (but real) things she could do. Like being massaged more, experimenting with various essential oils to smell, listening to playlists of her favorite music, slow tasting of her favorite flavors of food, having someone read to her and the list goes on. Just talking about the plan made her feel less anxious and also gave her back some control. We laughed and that empty "black hole" that she saw in her mind became filled with things. She actually died before any of this happened, But her anxiety and depression was lifted for awhile which helped her to live in the moment of now.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
This morning I was thinking how Jesus said we would be pruned if we were "bearing fruit". The image of branches being cut back brought another picture - I have had parts of myself cut out!

Cutting away of parts of the grapevine is creative, but all pain and suffering is not creative. It can be difficult to separate good suffering from bad suffering because we live in a society which is in hectic pursuit of happiness. Viewed as an enemy, it will be resisted and fled from at every opportunity.

Yet, if the goal of my life is not about happiness, but about living, I realize that living cannot exist without some suffering. So instead of running from it, I chose to move with it or through it - and with creativity. That is why I made "plans" posted earlier.
I never thought I would be in this position, but when I worked as a hospice chaplain, I used to work with the ones dying to make a plan for each loss they would experience as it came.

One lady knew she would eventually lose her eyesight - so we talked about a plan for her. Crazy, funny (but real) things she could do. Like being massaged more, experimenting with various essential oils to smell, listening to playlists of her favorite music, slow tasting of her favorite flavors of food, having someone read to her and the list goes on. Just talking about the plan made her feel less anxious and also gave her back some control. We laughed and that empty "black hole" that she saw in her mind became filled with things. She actually died before any of this happened, But her anxiety and depression was lifted for awhile which helped her to live in the moment of now.
When you have a plant that is bearing fruit or a flower bearing blooms...does the Gardner not remove the old growth to produce even more new fruit than it bore before...and also to strengthen the stalk? :)

Kinda like sanctification...we make mistakes and go through trials...learn...get stronger and learn patience and many other fruits...becoming more like Christ.

Last edited:

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
M

Miri

Oh you must share some of what you have done.

A

AuntieAnt

That's so encouraging and beautiful. The imaginary "black hole" being filled with lovely things. Aromas are truly therapy for me through difficult times. Essentail oils, perfumes, candles, flowers, the smell of rain, fresh cut grass, etc.

Thank you, Joi for sharing!

A

AuntieAnt

Good morning, Joi! Woke up this morning and God put you right on my heart. Praying with you and sending love and blessings of beautiful grace to you, sister! :D

vases-in-bulk-unique-small-flower-vases-cheap-vases-design-picture-of-vases-in-bulk.jpg

Feb 28, 2016
Our precious Joi,

Heed and discern, as you are being led...
'beware sister'...

you are always in our prayers...

Love in Christ,
d&j

Feb 28, 2016
here is what I do,

I take ONE day at time, hardest thing that I have ever had to do in some ways -
then, LISTEN, and OBEY, and find your 'assurance'...