Please describe your daily lifestyle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheIndianGirl

I'm curious how other Christians live on a routine basis, or rather what is the appropriate way for a Christian to live. Should we, just to start listing some examples,

- watch network TV/sitcoms, etc.
- watch R rated movies?
- listen to non-Christian/top 40 music?
- go to happy hours/similar events and drink alcohol?
- read the Bible daily?
- attend non-Christian functions such as weddings and funerals?
- in terms of friendships, do you deliberately avoid bonding with non-Christians?
- actively involved in church? (Not just attending Sunday sermons)

I know some Christians who have cut out all things non Christian from their lives, whereas for others their lifestyles have not really changed except but have changed slightly like avoiding clubs/bar scene and wearing more modest clothing, etc.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well since Ive been praying the Lords prayer which includes leading me not into temptation God has moved me away from a lot of non christian activities I used to do and more focus on Him. That doesnt necesarily mean lots of church activities but more things like gardening and caring for others and being creative.

A lot of media, eg tv, music, movies because its passivley consumed, I just dont really pay attention to anymore and its lost its appeal. Reading the Bible is probably the number one thing a new believer needs to do, to get saturated in the Word. To do that you need time to pray and be with God and a lot of busy activities you can give up.

I was never really into the bar scene and only occasionally go to a pub quiz, I know for many people though that social side of life is hard to give up but that is why theres many church group activites for people that dont involve drinking as an alternative.

For me it was things like yoga, or too much fiction, and secular music, and i did find later that the friends I had that werent christian or only lukewarm became a stumbling block, cos they always wanted to do mindless indulgent things like shopping or talk about what they saw on tv, or whatever it was they were addicted to. It was hard to say no at first but God just kept leading me away from them as the direction they were going kept trying to pull me away from Him and I just had to stand my ground and say I have decided to follow Jesus. And keep on going toward Him.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I'm curious how other Christians live on a routine basis, or rather what is the appropriate way for a Christian to live. Should we, just to start listing some examples,

- watch R rated movies?
- read the Bible daily?
- in terms of friendships, do you deliberately avoid bonding with non-Christians?

I know some Christians who have cut out all things non Christian from their lives, whereas for others their lifestyles have not really changed except but have changed slightly like avoiding clubs/bar scene and wearing more modest clothing, etc.
I avoid TV and movies as much as I can. When I am on my own I usually go on rightnow media and watch sermons or watch documentations on YouTube.
Musicwise i listen more to Christian music than non Christian. I have days where i listen to more rnb too but usually i listen to more christian music
I havent been in a bar for a year or more. I have a friend that i see sometimes and we sometimes drink some alcohol at her place. I usually dont drink a lot in general.
Well ive never been at a wedding but been to funerals.
I have friends from all backgrounds and i dont reject non christians. My ministry couldnt work if i were like that
I do all sorts of stuff in church.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016

- watch R rated movies?
- read the Bible daily?

We each have to work out our own salvation., with fear and trembling.

The Lord deals with us individually. What some allow others do not, but that does not give anyone the right to judge others. It is a personal thing with each of us.

I have been serving the Lord since June of 1985, that is quiet awhile.

When I first got saved the Lord took the desire for alcohol immediately, but he left me with cigarettes. I struggled with that for some time, believing that I should quit because I did not think it looked right for me to be smoking and being a Christian at the same time. I finally made it, and I am so glad I did, my sister is a Christian and she still smokes, and I hate t for her because she now has developed heart trouble, and this adds to it, but I can only pray for her and encourage her to try to quit.

I gave up secular music a long time ago, not finding it appealing any more, but I still occasionally listen to the oldies, but it is no longer a habit with me.

I never watch R rated movies any more, but used to quiet a bit.

I would never be unfriendly with anyone, but i do not bond with non Christians, we just do not have anything in common anymore.

The clubs went along time ago.

I would not not go to a wedding if I was invited. I do attend funerals if I knew the person well.

I am no longer fond of provocative clothing. I dress very modestly.

I am actively involved with my church, but I do not go as often as I once did, due to health problems,

I am falling short on reading my bible daily, I have been trying to get back to it, I do witness and share on social media every day, but I need to get back to the Word more often.

God will convict us, when he wants things changed in our lives. GBU and keep you, and cause your soul to prosper!!

M

morefaithrequired

CC , fridge,CC, fridge, nap, lavatory, CC, fridge, and so on

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"I have learned one day at a time works from here. Having lived in the ~'fast lane' :sneaky:~ for many years, I have
learned to slow down, ( being retired helps, ;) ) smell the roses :) and live each day according to the
circumstances that arise, as each day brings unknown happenings. Make no mistake, since my life forever changed
two decades ago, by the grace of God, my life has become more manageable and orderly...believe it!
My path will not be your path, and your path will not be my path, we are each unique in our own self. I have
learned in past few years, from other social media outlets, and this one of CC, that total strangers find it easier
to share their personal thoughts and feelings in this type of forum, rather than face to face, or one on one '
talking'.
The intimate
'self' comes alive with a depth that can be 'seen in words', and opens up ones true self. In reality,
sharing 'words' from the
'unseen', to the 'unseen', often receiving a response, which may help with certain life issues.
And, perhaps here lies a hidden dilemma of many when it comes to a relationship with an
'unseen Holy Spirit'.
And, God being 'unseen', many become perplexed and bewildered. The intellectual community offers worldly
thoughts and opinions, and being vacant of Spiritual illumination, 'words' may often become stagnant without
Spiritual 'awareness', this being essential for a meaningful 'God's presence' within ones own self. And, from 'this
side of the glass', I Am to share a Spiritual 'awareness', by the grace of God, no more, no less."
'Praise God'
56bc6e0ba935a_Serenity-Copy(8)-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy_jpg...jpg Friendly.png

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
I first came to repentance in the year 2010. At that time, I would to listen secular radio stations from the moment I woke up until I go to bed.

That has changed, I no longer listen to any secular music. And what I love to do nowadays is listening to sermons, documentaries, like exploring into stories of history and bible study.

Testimonies one of my favourite pass time to listen too, how other people has come to the faith. And it is incredible to see how God guides.

Sports - I enjoyed watching especially cricket and rugby. But most sporting events are on Saturdays, had to put priority to God's requirements first. And movies, I rarely watch nowadays. Watching two to three movies a year would be alot.

I have a passion for evangelism. I take christian literature with me. While travelling to work or wherever I am going too. I had accepted responsibility as sabbath school teacher, position of deacon and IT assistant at church.

I love interaction with non believers. And imparting to them knowledge of God. Every opportunity where possible I will converse with non believers at funerals or weddings.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Getting ready for work, household chores, prayer, commute, work, commute, household chores, shower, daily devotion, eat, CC, sleep. Chores consisting of loading and unloading dishwasher, taking out the trash, getting the mail. Go grocery shopping once a week usually on a day off. I believe in a simple life and I travel light. Mundane stuff but it works for me. Hopefully, I will be able to reduce the hours that I work or not have to work at all in a couple years. Basically, work is important to me as it provides for my family and my current lifestyle revolves around work. Been working for the man since I was 17 and I will be 65 next month. I am tired of the daily grind but that's the way that it is right now.

Dec 27, 2019
Most weekdays I work at Hardees.
On my days off I'm either with my wife or my daughter (from my first marriage).
When I'm with my daughter I'm taking care of her at my parents house. I was a drug addict for 15 years (7 months clean now, praise the Lord!) so there's the requirement that I take care of her there. I'm just happy to be able to be with her and pursue a life without drug addiction.
When I'm with my wife we just spend time watching things together, sometimes we play video games. We do attend church together most Sundays (my wife suffers from some physical ailments which prevent her from attending every Sunday) which is a tremendous blessing.

Entertainment wise, if it approves of something I disapprove of or would have a problem with in real life I generally avoid it. Most entertainment nowadays gives an approving nod to every ungodly thing there is so it's rare to find something I can watch or listen to without going "Okay, that crosses the line". But it is out there, there's decent entertainment that isn't explicitly Christian.

Bible reading and prayer are a daily thing, sometimes I let one or the other go, but the Lord has helped me be more consistent and they make up the foundation of my day.

I still play some video games, but nowadays most video games require an incredible time commitment that I just don't have so I stick to things that are either like Mario (can just pick up and play for a little bit) or something I'm familiar with like Ultima 7 (old computer game that takes a long time to play but doesn't require a lot of thought on my part).

T

TheIndianGirl

I still watch all types of movies (saw Downton Abbey and Joker), however I avoid explicitly anti-Christian movies. I would not see the new gay Jesus movie on Netflix. For music, I listen to be a bit more Christian music now but also listen to my favorites (U2, Billy Joel, Coldplay, music on the radio or Pandora, etc.). I still read fiction (the classics, like the high school reading requirements such as Wuthering Heights (one of my favorites)). I go to work related happy hours. I attend church regularly and I'm the main multimedia person. I create the slides for service. I spoke to my pastor about yoga and she said to use my discretion, so I take some classes this studio that is as non religious as it gets (they play soft rock instead of new age) and some classes incorporate weights and jumping jacks etc. I thanked God for finding me this studio. I seek Christian friends but I'm fine with having nonChristian friends as well.

I do know someone who doesn't read anything except the Bible and devotionals. I thought to myself, what a waste! There are so many great books out there.

I understand if God pulls someone away from certain things. But sometimes I feel people don't do certain things because of fear, is it true? Like people who stopped listening to secular music, even though they still like it?

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
I still watch all types of movies (saw Downton Abbey and Joker), however I avoid explicitly anti-Christian movies. I would not see the new gay Jesus movie on Netflix. For music, I listen to be a bit more Christian music now but also listen to my favorites (U2, Billy Joel, Coldplay, music on the radio or Pandora, etc.). I still read fiction (the classics, like the high school reading requirements such as Wuthering Heights (one of my favorites)). I go to work related happy hours. I attend church regularly and I'm the main multimedia person. I create the slides for service. I spoke to my pastor about yoga and she said to use my discretion, so I take some classes this studio that is as non religious as it gets (they play soft rock instead of new age) and some classes incorporate weights and jumping jacks etc. I thanked God for finding me this studio. I seek Christian friends but I'm fine with having nonChristian friends as well.

I do know someone who doesn't read anything except the Bible and devotionals. I thought to myself, what a waste! There are so many great books out there.

I understand if God pulls someone away from certain things. But sometimes I feel people don't do certain things because of fear, is it true? Like people who stopped listening to secular music, even though they still like it?
I would say it depends on your level of maturity in your walk with God.
And our brother Paul reminds us in 1 Cor 10:23 “Everything is permissible,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible,” but not everything is edifying.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
My daily lifestyle is nothing worth mentioning....trust me.

S

Susanna

Depends on whether I’m deployed or not.

M

morefaithrequired

Well maybe you'll at least trust me when I say my lifestyle is painfully boring and not worth talking about.
i think if you try to describe it in detail, then you may come to some realisation of how to make it less boring .
an enthusiastic person can make a boring topic/task sound interesting.
Its attitude. Not our curcumstance.

Manna2

Aug 5, 2017
briannachiles.tumblr.com
Sports - I enjoyed watching especially cricket and rugby. But most sporting events are on Saturdays, had to put priority to God's requirements first. And movies, I rarely watch nowadays. Watching two to three movies a year would be alot.

I have a passion for evangelism. I take christian literature with me. While travelling to work or wherever I am going too. I had accepted responsibility as sabbath school teacher, position of deacon and IT assistant at church.
Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?