Please describe your daily lifestyle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
I ask because I was raised Adventist and identified with the sabbath thing. I'm non-denominational now though.
Hi sis. I am happy you serving the Lord. And may you continue to serve our loving Father and keep trusting in Him. 💚

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
I'm curious how other Christians live on a routine basis, or rather what is the appropriate way for a Christian to live. Should we, just to start listing some examples,

- read the Bible daily?
- actively involved in church? (Not just attending Sunday sermons)
Well, those two would are petty obvious entries on the list of one should be doing.

- watch network TV/sitcoms, etc.
- watch R rated movies?
- listen to non-Christian/top 40 music?
- go to happy hours/similar events and drink alcohol?
- attend non-Christian functions such as weddings and funerals?
Well, there are things that are Christian, things that are secular, and things that are anti-Christian. It is that third category that should be avoided. Examples...The Patriot and Unplanned are two movies that got an R rating, but there is nothing in those two that would prevent an adult Christian from watching them. However, many other R rated movies do have objectionable content. A old song like Gordon Lightfoots Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is secular but not Anti-Christian but there are a good many secular songs that are profane.

- in terms of friendships, do you deliberately avoid bonding with non-Christians?
Again, that would depend if they are simply secular or anti-Christian. This is where discernment comes in.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I still watch all types of movies (saw Downton Abbey and Joker), however I avoid explicitly anti-Christian movies. I would not see the new gay Jesus movie on Netflix. For music, I listen to be a bit more Christian music now but also listen to my favorites (U2, Billy Joel, Coldplay, music on the radio or Pandora, etc.). I still read fiction (the classics, like the high school reading requirements such as Wuthering Heights (one of my favorites)). I go to work related happy hours. I attend church regularly and I'm the main multimedia person. I create the slides for service. I spoke to my pastor about yoga and she said to use my discretion, so I take some classes this studio that is as non religious as it gets (they play soft rock instead of new age) and some classes incorporate weights and jumping jacks etc. I thanked God for finding me this studio. I seek Christian friends but I'm fine with having nonChristian friends as well.

I do know someone who doesn't read anything except the Bible and devotionals. I thought to myself, what a waste! There are so many great books out there.

I understand if God pulls someone away from certain things. But sometimes I feel people don't do certain things because of fear, is it true? Like people who stopped listening to secular music, even though they still like it?
God wants us to have life and to have it more abundantly so there should be no fear in listening to the music of your choice and reading a good book. Part of my more abundant living is spending time on this site as I enjoy the fellowship very much and it is relaxing to me. Sounds to me that you live a well-balanced life and are definitely on the right spiritual track.

WingsOfLight

Dec 10, 2019
I watch movies and tv, the normal kind....... If there is a normal kind.
I do listen to just regular music, but my favorite songs are based on people coming together, support, positive messages. I like songs that have a good meaning to them. It's hard to completely avoid non-christians because you don't always know up front if someone is or not. I don't let non-christians influence me in any way. I respect people no matter their religion, as long as they also respect me and my personal opinions. Christians are easier to be friends with, in my opinion, because they won't take offense if you say something religious. Other than that, I pretty much live a normal life. (Again, if there is such a thing!) I do work at the church I attend and my church family is the best!

Nov 17, 2019
New Mexico, USA
Part of my more abundant living is spending time on this site as I enjoy the fellowship very much and it is relaxing to me.
Yeah, I am really beginning to see the value in this sort of, "digital fellowship." It's kinda cool to be able to freely talk about God. Sometimes I wish I could do that in a church :rolleyes:

WingsOfLight

Dec 10, 2019
Yeah, I am really beginning to see the value in this sort of, "digital fellowship." It's kinda cool to be able to freely talk about God. Sometimes I wish I could do that in a church :rolleyes:
It's funny how we feel more freely to talk to others online than we do in person.
We feel less judged when we are not face to face.
It's ok though, because even online fellowship is well worth it.:)

IlovelivingforJesus

Dec 29, 2019
St. Louis
My daily lifestyle. Wake up prayer and worship to God then exercise. Wake my daughter up for breakfast and home school. Wake my disabled son up, make sure he is ok and fed. Watch A little television, wait for my husband to get off work. Cook dinner etc.

WingsOfLight

Dec 10, 2019
My daily lifestyle. Wake up prayer and worship to God then exercise. Wake my daughter up for breakfast and home school. Wake my disabled son up, make sure he is ok and fed. Watch A little television, wait for my husband to get off work. Cook dinner etc.
I really like your icon/picture

Nov 17, 2019
New Mexico, USA
I know we say this to all the veterans but "Thank you for your service" (to your family, and to God).